“Good Luck”

Ranked #31 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Kansas City, MO
“Good Luck”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just checked out of the Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown. To be fair, I have stayed in this hotel 8 times and had pleasant experiences however, today will keep me from returning to this location. To start, my company booked the room through Egencia (Expedia's business division.) When I arrived they immediately treated me like a second class citizen. I heard no less than 4 times during the check-in process : "yes I know you are a Gold Starwood member but because this is through Expedia (not Egencia but Expedia) . . . " then when I went to the room it was 2 double (not queen beds.) I had reserved and paid a higher price for a King bed so when I called down to ask for a new room to accomodate my reservation I was told they did not have King Rooms. Normally this would not be an issue but my husband was traveling with me and I had booked this room specifically for this feature. After being told I couldn't cancel my reservation, I contacted Egencia who called the hotel. Eventually, I got my King Room. Really?!?! No apology, just a rude key drop. The training, treatment, and behaviors of the staff up to the manager, Erica, is not acceptable in the competitive world of today. Service is about attitude and obviously this location has lost their positive attitude and a customer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
jansenKansasCity_MO,
Thank you for writing a review and bringing your concerns to my attention. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. These details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback and continued patronage. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Rick Guttenberger, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Huntington, NY
Reviewed December 11, 2013

In my quest to find the perfect lodging on Oklahoma City, I just tried the Sheraton. Very pleasant surprise to find a very good full service hotel. Club level accommodations, real doormen, room service, very nice front desk staff that remember who you are. Rooms must have been recently renovated, so carpets feel fresh and beds are nice and fluffy. Real central air/heating that was efficient and unobtrusive. A nice business center lounge, restaurant and "sports" bar finish off the lobby area. Executive club lounge is large and comfortable. Large health club was a plus. Bathrooms were a tad small and lacked finer amenities like large towels and make-up mirrors. Definitely an excellent choice for full service lodging in OKC. Note new construction in the area include a Hilton Garden Inn and an Aloft currently in final stages.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 14th floor to accommodate connecting rooms. High floors will offer more light.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Huntingtongalpal,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay with us at Sheraton Oklahoma City. We appreciate you selecting our hotel on your travels, and we're pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with our excellent service, accommodations, and amenities. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Rick Guttenberger, General Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great location close to event centers and Bricktown. Rooms are reliably comfortable, though for optimal quiet I would recommend a room on the west side (even numbers) with a non-adjoining room at the end of a hallway. Far and away the friendliest hotel staff I've ever had, with special commendation to Austin, Johnathan, Patricia, and Dylan.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Cliff C,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your Sheraton Oklahoma City experience. It's great to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay, and found our friendly staff to exceed your expectations. I look forward to sharing your kind comments and recognizing Austin, Johnathan, Patricia and Dylan with special commendations for their excellence in service. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again soon. Thank you once again for your review and recommendations of our great hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a solid hotel for business travelers. Rates are reasonable. Lounge offers plenty of food. Rooms are updated and the gym is decent. Staff is great - Dace, Jonathon at the front desk are really helpful.

Dave

David M,
We appreciate you selecting Sheraton Oklahoma City, and we're glad you found our hotel, accommodations, and service well suited for your business travels. I'll be certain to pass along your compliments and will recognize both Dace and Jonathon with special commendations for their sincere hospitality. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Stevensville, Montana
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This property always provides a comfortable stay, excellent amenities, especially if you have access to the Concierge floor. Great location downtown close to good restaurants and activities.
Beds are very comfortable, bathrooms a bit small….. Now, if we can just get the Guests to quit slamming their doors!

Room Tip: 15th Floor!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Danny5k,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review from your experience at Sheraton Oklahoma City. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our excellent amenities and convenient location to meet your satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for any noise disturbances you experienced during your stay. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Dallas
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

For starters, upon arrival when driving in, we were told that Valet Parking was closed and we would have to self park. Not a big deal, we self-parked. As we drove through the garage looking for a parking space, we passed quite a few open spots reserved for valet (closed, hmmmmm). When we reached the lobby to check-in we noticed a very open and busy valet while we waited in a very long line.

Arriving around 3:00 for 3:00 check-in, we waited in a 30 minute line that ran through the middle of the lobby, only to be told that our reserved room was not ready and they had no idea when it would be ready ... "Check back with us."

30 minutes later, I "checked back" only to be told that my room was still not ready. We watched the check-in line get longer and longer.

The Hotel staff showed no concern, no apologies, and appeared to be hidden. The only staff visible were those working the front desk and the bartenders ... and the bar was booming! Where else were we all going to go? No one was cleaning the restrooms as the trash was overflowing the trash cans and all over the floor.

After about an hour and a half when I checked with the desk a second time, my room "just flipped in the system" and we were checked in ... our $10.00 parking comped.

Room was nice, but bathroom was Tiny. Very poor design.

The fact that this hotel knew it was sold out on this date (for at least 2 months) and was not staffed appropriately is simply ridiculous. Never once did a hotel staff member or hotel manager make any kind of announcement to let the guests waiting in line know what the issue was, never an offer of an apology, nothing. Apparently, business as usual for them.

Great downtown location for Chesapeake Arena, OKC Memorial and Bricktown, but not the only hotel and not a hotel I would stay at again. Had we not prepaid and knew about vacancies at surrounding hotels, we would have walked.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle A
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Michelle A,
Thank you for your writing. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. Your feedback is important to us and we sincerely apologize that you were unhappy with the way the situation was handled. We always endeavor to ensure problems such as the one you experienced are avoided. On the rare occasions they do occur our priority is to work as efficiently as possible to provide our guests with the exceptional stay you deserve. Regretfully that was not the perception we left you. We value you as our guest and hope we have an opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I will start by saying we booked through a travel site using the "secret deal" so we didn't pay regular price. Had we paid full price I would be livid.

Where to start.

We booked this to go to a concert in downtown OKC. Very close to arenas and bricktown. Definitely within walking distance. Arrive prior to the 3pm check in to find the LONGEST line I have ever seen in a hotel lobby. (And I've been to Vegas on a weekend.) There were 4 employees checking people in. We waited over an hour standing in line to finally get to the front and be told they could 'pre' check us in but there were NO FRICKING ROOMS available! And that we would have to wait 20-30 min and hope there would be some then. We of course had to get out of line and get back in again and see. So I left the front and immediately got back in the back of the line because it was about a 30-45 min line. When we got back to the front of the line our room we had booked wasn't available but a room with 2 double beds was so we agreed because it was now 5 pm and I needed to get ready for our concert. Luckily we weren't planning to eat prior or we would've been screwed. At no point during this did anyone really apologize to the 100s (I'm not exaggerating) of people camped out in the lobby waiting for a room. No one offered any drinks or anything to make the wait more enjoyable. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

So the room is alright but after waiting forever it just kinda sucked. The bathroom is TINY. Like can't close the door while sitting on the toilet. Or get to the shower without closing the door. Tiny.

You have to pay $10 for wifi. And 10$ a day to park. Needless to say after the concert we just decided to check out and drive home. We were done and wanted our own bed. Checking out at 2 am we still had to wait 20min because a very disgruntled girl (rightly so) was upset that the long check in kept her from getting ready for a wedding. And then on top of that she was sharing a room because her room was never ready. Let's hope they gave her ours...

Honestly the way they had their system set up to do pre check ins and that no one looked stressed with people ALL OVER THE LOBBY waiting.. It makes me think this is their normal process. How you can't have rooms ready at your check in time is baffling. People make plans based on this information.

So if you are checking in either don't make plans for a few hours or don't check in until waaaaaaayyyyyy later!!

Worst hotel experience ever.. Well 2nd worst but the other was at a super 8 when I was in high school. And we didn't sleep there either.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nightshifter,
Thank you for writing. I'm very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had during this rare occasion. I assure you this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and is definitely not up to our high standards of service. We would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression and sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay that you deserve. Please know that your comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We do hope you'll give us another chance in the future.