“Party like it is 1989”

Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
Ranked #31 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was here on business and it was good to be back in Oklahoma City as I hadn't been back since I lived here in the early 1990's. This hotel was OK, but dated. It felt like it was the early 1990's, or a bit before, with the interior decor and style. I also didn't like being put on the 3rd floor (I like views) and probably should have said something about that, but it was a business trip that someone else arranged.

Good fitness center, guess they do have flat screen TV's, comfortable beds and such. The location is also good.

However, as mentioned above the interior decor and style is dated. My room wasn't the cleanest (dirty in the corner by the dresser) and some of the channels had very bad reception.

This hotel will do for business travel but I would pass on it with my family and if I get to come back, will ask for a different hotel like the Hilton or the new Hampton in Bricktown.

Bigtime thumbs up on Oklahoma City, however. Very nice redevelopment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

hamptondragon,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Sheraton Oklahoma City. We're pleased you chose to stay with us and liked our hotel. I'm glad you like the redevelopment of Oklahoma City, and hope you had time to do a little shopping or visit some of the wonderful restaurants. We welcome you to come and stay with us again as we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Bathroom was filthy, toilet had not been cleaned and everything was covered in someone else's hair. Wall near head board had some sort of huge stain, looked like vomit. And alarm clock was greasy. Cable was ripped out of television and when I asked for someone to come fix it no one ever showed up. Maid only left one clean towel per day and forgot to leave bottled water every day. On my last day the bathroom ceiling started dripping. Once again no one ever showed up to repair. Terrible!

• Stayed: October 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

R S,
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and although we delight in the good reviews, we understand that we need to learn from the bad ones. Thank you for bringing these housekeeping issues to my attention. I will take each comment to our next housekeeping staff meeting and make sure immediate improvements are made in all necessary areas. It is unfortunate that you did not have a satisfactory experience with us, but I truly hope you will visit us again as we hope to provide for you a more positive experience.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here in early October as I was attending a meeting at convention center. The location is superb! Staff were very friendly, lobby was very good, but the room was showing signs of age. The bar had good food, but some amenities were not as good. Newspaper selection was not good and not obvious. The worst thing was parking. Concierge parking was $25 and self parking was $10 per day. What the attendant did not make clear was the need to get a 'parking token' at the desk before you tried to leave the parking area. Had to pay for the first time I left, but after that, it was easier and cheaper to just pay the $7/day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

porkman,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us while attending your meeting, and pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our friendly staff, and agree with you about the bar food. It is good! Please plan to visit us again as we value your business and appreciate having you as our guest.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. The location for my job at the Convention Center was ideal as there is a walk way between the two from the parking garage to the lobby of the hotel. The beds were comfortable but the bathroom was TINY. Thank goodness I was by myself. I couldn't imagine more than one person trying to get ready in the morning. You have to step in and around the toilet to close the door and I am a thin person. The television had horrible reception even on the prime channels so watching the olympics was out of the question. I do have to say that the gym was very nice and the treadmills were perfect. The keys are pretty tricky to work and some of my co-workers keys stopped working mid stay. Overall, the location is great for the convention center and I would probably stay here again for the small things wrong but this hotel is tired.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

PRVistor,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us, and pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm also glad you liked our comfy beds and awesome fitness center. We hope your business will bring you back to OKC and you'll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Pretty straight forward really. Pay for your Internet. Comfortable bed but no king size beds available at the time. Located about five minutes walk from brick town. TV makes a noise as if its going to melt at any time. Rooms are clean and relatively quiet (next to lifts).

• Stayed: October 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Riddlemethis77,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business, and we're glad you chose to stay with us. I hope you enjoyed the area as well as our hotel, and anticipate seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Sheraton Oklahoma City is located very close to Bricktown, with many restaurants and bars within walking distance. It seems that this hotel often enjoys high occupancy rate and that may be the reason why the check-in process is slow sometimes. More often than not I see long lines of travellers waiting to be checked-in. As to the property, the room is adequate, but by no means luxious. The bathroom is extremely small. The carpet throughout the hotel has started to show signs of aging. Having said that, this hotel is still my first choice whenever I need a place to stay in OKC as it has reaonable food and lodging prices, very friendly staff, and great club lounge services.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Sara S,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that we're your first choice hotel when staying in OKC! I'm glad you liked our friendly staff and enjoyed the club lounge. We hope to have you come and stay with us again for another great visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The location of the hotel is probably its greatest asset other than that we were not impressed. Check in was slow which surprised me when compared to other Sheraton locations. The bed was hard and not comfortable and the cable service was less than desirable (static in the video). We stayed here on our "Day out with Thomas the Train" weekend trip and were looking forward to an enjoyable time, however; I would just rate our time at the Sheraton as below average. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children 6 and under) on a budget. My kids were hoping for a swim but the pool was closed since it is an outdoor area. They offer a restaurant on site but it is pricey I'm sure it is not bad for a business trip etc. but for a family meal it was not doable for us. Breakfast the next morning was the same so we just stopped somewhere and ate on our way to see Thomas. The room was small and did not include a fridge or microwave (two things that are life savers when traveling with kids). The hotel does not offer free internet access in the room if you want it you will pay 10-12 per night this was another dislike for us b/c I was needing to study during the evening and did not have access to the web. You have to pay to park and for us staying one night was an additional $8.00.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you were down for business etc. but not for the budget minded family. My kids have had much more fun at supposedly "lower star" hotels that offer more for the money!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

oklahomaman,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you and your family chose to stay with us at Sheraton OKC. I hope you enjoyed the Thomas the Train event as well as other activities happening in our area. We value your business and hope you will visit us again soon.