“Nice staff, thin walls.”

Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
Ranked #30 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Annapolis, Maryland
“Nice staff, thin walls.”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This hotel is a nice property. Good location for downtown events. All staff members that I encountered were very friendly and professional. The wireless internet was very slow in the room I was in. I almost gave up. It showed a wireless connection available, just never had enough speed/signal to log on. Moved around the room a bit to try to get a decent signal and did finally connect. Definitely a negative if you are paying for service. I got in late, (2300hrs), and my room was very cold when I entered. I turned up the thermostat, cleaned up in the very small bathroom, and went to bed. The bed and linens were comfortable. Nice pillow choices. Middle of the night I woke up freezing. Didn't seem as if the heat was working but, it was 0200 and I didn't want to call engineering and have to wait for them. Threw on the down comforter from the bed I wasn't using and went back to sleep. Called engineering in the a.m., they came to the room promptly and looked over the system. He got the heat to come on. It reached temp and cycled off. When it cycled back on, the instrument panel indicated it was on a/c but it was cranking out heat. I was very hot by the time I checked out but couldn't get the system to go off. Fan was continually running and blowing nothing but hot air. In hindsight, I should've just changed room in the middle of the night but, that is just a pain.

Once, again, staff was very nice. Room was adequate. Just one of those things that happens.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Justjo30,
Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. My apologies for the issue you had with both the Wi-Fi and the heat control in your room. Thanks for bringing it to our attention; I will address immediately and resolve quickly.
We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!
Yours truly,
Michael Cowden, General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Conn.
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The hotel is located downtown across the street from Devon Energy and the Renaissance hotel. My check-in was prompt and efficient but be careful not to check-in while some of the airline crews check-in as it becomes a little hectic. I asked for a Platinum upgrade and the Front Desk Manager told me he could give me a bigger room, but it was not a better room so i followed his advice. This is probably the best advice that I could pass on, even the management knows there are good and bad rooms.

The room was redecorated within the last year. Nicely done. Bed was comfortable, not great. Overall the cleanliness was very good, only a few missed spots, the desk was extremely small, but the biggest drawback was the size of the bathroom, it was miniscule. Likewise the towel selection was less than Starwood quality, almost low end gym towels. The bathtub must move regularly because there were several attempts to caulk around the tub, all the way to the ceiling. Must have been consistent leaking in the room below.

I would also caution that if your room faces the Renaissance Hotel across the street be prepared for interruptions when the trains go by just few blocks away. The train would blow their horn and it woke me several times during the night. The Lounge on the 15th floor is supposed to open at 600, but at 650 they were still setting up, not considerate for those of us who count on the coffee early. The choices once they opened were diverse. They had a wide variety including several Kashi choices, eggs, and a meager selection of cold cereals. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant. The breakfast plates were very large, well worth the price, but my order of an English Muffin arrived soggy, obviously the server merely grabbed one from the steamer on the buffet, bad customer service. When someone orders from the menu and not the buffet it drives me nuts when the server and the kitchen are too lazy to make it fresh.

The lounge at night is a good vibe and the waitress was great, very friendly and did not cop any attitude when our group of business people were ordering soda and sparkling waters.

The TV check-out actually works at this Sheraton, finally one that works.

Overall I would give this location a B+ and hope they train the servers and housekeepers a little better.

Room Tip: Avoid the side facing the Renaissance hotel, train tracks three blocks away
Dear gt_a_lif,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. I’m glad you enjoyed the room renovation and our louge area.
The issues you mentioned above are being addressed immediately. Again, let me apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and I hope this situation does not deter you from staying with Sheraton in the future.
Matthew Cowden, General Manger
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here for a night this past Saturday. It's directly across from the Cox Convention center and a short walk to Bricktown.
Check in was quick and painless. Room was very clean and bed was so comfortable.
Nice lobby bar.
Would definitely stay again. Only downfall is that parking was $10.

• Stayed January 2012
BeachgirlstuckinKS,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!
Best regarding,
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The Sheraton Ok City is a fine hotel. They do a very nice job, providing easy and friendly service. The rooms are plain, but fine. They take very good care of Starwood SPG folks. They have a very nice fitness facility. Restaurant is a typical "big hotel" spot, but they do a nice job. It's easily accessible to downtown and Bricktown. It's also right across the street from the arena where the Thunder play.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you for your review and recommendation Fozzetti! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!

Yours truly,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 23, 2012

As of January 2012 the OKC Sheraton has an issue with noise in the rooms from the HVAC system. It's a loud hushing rushing noise like running water behind the wall -- as if someone was taking a shower in the bathroom all night long. I am not a light sleeper and I was exhausted but could not sleep due to the noise. When I called to switch rooms they were very aware of the issue and said they are working on it. They gave me a new room but it had the same problem. I ultimately left and went across the street to the Renaissance -- much nicer for the same rate. Guy at the Sheraton said they are working through the issue one room at a time. At least they were candid about it and didn't give me a hard time for leaving.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
1 Thank AMGSTL
Dear AMGSTL,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. The issues of noise you mentioned has affected a few rooms and is being addressed immediately. We anticipate this issue to be fixed shortly. Again, let me apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and I hope this situation does not deter you from staying with Sheraton in the future.

Aubrey, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I recently spent an evening in the Sheraton in downtown Oklahoma city. As other reviewers have mentioned, some of the carpet was a bit worn in places. However, I don't want this to overshadow what I felt was EXCELLENT service on behalf of the staff there. The valet was not only friendly and outgoing, but was quick to offer suggestions for diner and entertainment in nearby bricktown. Being as this gentleman was the first person guests meet, this set the stage for an excellent check-in experience. The entire staff worked efficiently and with a friendly attitude to quickly get me checked in and on to my room.

The television left something to be desired. The TV itself was nice (being a newer HD set) but the signal was so grainy that the clarity of the TV only empasized the poor signal.

And again on the other hand, the bed was wonderful. I suffer from occasional back pain and I am very picky about matresses, but this was very comfortable.

So, I can see where others might have mentioned the wear in places through the hotel, but where it really counts, (Wonderful service and a comfortable bed) this place shines. In the past I have stayed at the Skirvin but the Sheraton has replaced it as my hotel of choice for the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, the higher floors offer a wonderful view of downtown.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Underdogdb,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. I regret the television not working properly and have addressed this issue and we are working on a resolve.
We hope that you choose our hotel when traveling to the area again in the future. Thanks again!
Matthew Cowden, General Manger
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Expensive hotel with the cheapest labor apparently. I have photos for proof: 1. Used coffee lid placed on new cup (who knows if someone sneezed on it, etc!) With coffee stains on it to show someone handled it- gross. 2. Dirty tub with pubic hair & cracked grout with a layer of stained bacteria growth 3. Toothpaste on mirror & sink dirty like I guy shaved & it was never wiped out 4. Bed with blood stains on the duvet 5. Disgusting carpet & cracked tile... These are just the material things that are subpar.

The service is good. Parking is expensive (public garage) without theft or vehicle protection. Gym is amazing, but rooms are old & worn- the only upside to it is the location if you're going downtown- anywhere else travel time may be increased due to downtown roads, one ways, lights, traffic, etc.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business