“Next OK City visit will NOT find me at the Emnassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport
Ranked #14 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Saline, Michigan
“Next OK City visit will NOT find me at the Emnassy Suites”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We were in OK City for a horse show at the OK City Fairgrounds. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Diego, and Chicago, among others, so we expected another top notch experience at the OK City Embassy Suites. Not so. It was just average and I was not impressed. The heating/cooling system was so outdated. You could have A/C in the bedroom, or heat in the living room, but not vice versa, and the heat settings were: OFF, or Blasting--nothing inbetween. After reporting this TWICE to the front desk, and them sending someone twice to "fix" it, we gave up and just dealt with it. We could not access pay-per-view movies from the bedroom TV, not a huge issue, but after reporting this twice and having them send someone twice, the TV in that room became staticky and would not work from the remote. Again, after reporting this twice we gave up and just watched TV in the living room. The bathroom was very small, way smaller than you'd expect to find in a "nice" hotel. The door came 2 inches from the rim of the toilet when the bathrom door was opened. LOTS of dogs. Breakfast was fine. Pool was fine. Business center had the slowest internet I've seen since dial-up. Most of the time it just kicked me off. Managers reception/cocktail hour was fine, but the only snacks most nights were goldfish crackers, popcorn, and bar chips, no hot appetizers like in other Embassy Suites we've stayed at. If they had fixed the broken items when reported, or given me a discount to make up for it, I could recommend this hotel to others, but as it stands, we will not be back. They did offer to credit us $60 (we were there 9 nights with a total charge of over $1200, so even if the credit HAD shown up on our final bill (which it did not) it would have been a drop in the bucket. There are WAY too many hotels in OK City to choose from to take our chances with Embassy Suites again next year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank lucky_duck734

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
texas
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Normally we try to choose Embassy's due to their great breakfast as it usually helps minimize our lunch costs for the trip. We only stayed here 1 night and had to get on the road early the next morning. Now it was the morning of July 4 so I'm sure the breakfast staff was not really happy about working on a holiday but it took us 30 minutes to get to the counter to order our omlets. We were in line with only about 12 people in front of us as the breakfast opened but they were obviously not preparred for us at the advertised starting time. The layout of the entire breakfast area is also backwards. If they would change the breakfast system I would probably give it a higher rating. The pool area was ok but it didn't seem as well maintained as their other locations. A little dated overall but it's the only Embassy on our path in ok. city.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dallas TX
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Just wanted to say the the service at this property was exemplary. Every employee, and I mean EVERY employee that I came into contact with had a smile for me and asked me how I was doing. When I first went up to my room and had a problem with the comforter in my room, the lady at the front desk came up personally with a key to a new room next door and apologized profusely. By the way, the "problem" with the comforter was I found pet hair on it and I am allergic to dogs. I just requested that it be replaced but they went above and beyond that.

This location is close to the airport but also close to the highway so you can quickly and easily get to Bricktown an area that has several restaurants and clubs. Women at the front desk give great directions, even taking the time to write them down and go over them with me. Will also make dinner suggestions.

Pleasant stay..Updated rooms.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank ilovevegas77
Midwest
Reviewed February 8, 2009

The hotel is spotless. Great rooms, great service, fast check-in and check-out. The room was VERY quiet and has a separate living room from the bedroom. Both rooms have TV's with the bedroom a standard TV and the living room a flat panel HD TV with a true HD feed.

Lots of places to eat nearby as well as in the hotel (although I did not eat in the hotel.) As a Hilton Honors member, I had 2 diet sodas, 2 waters, and a bad of popcorn in my room at no charge.

The bedding was the thick comforter type and very comfortable. A true home away from home. Wireless internet was free. I would stay here anytime I am using the OKC airport without question.

The cable TV in the room was expanded cable TV which even had the NFL network, which is what I watched most of the night while working.

The living room in the room had a microwave, refrigerator, sink, couch and chair as well as a desk with chair (and the HD TV.)

• Liked — Style, cleanliness, and full featured HD TV lineup.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ohioumpire
mimi9753
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Absolutely wonderful stay at this hotel which was also pet friendly. Breakfast was delicious and rooms were spacious comfortable and clean. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — hotel layout and pet friendly
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mimi9753
calgary
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Me my mother and grandmother we in OK. City seeing family and friends, seeing as when we got there we were only going to stay in one hotel on the out way to Wynnewood and stay there again on for our flight back out of OK city. the first hotel was Dismal in many ways Dirty Filthy you name it was( also very Low Brow clientele) we decided before proceeding to Wynnewood to find a hotel better then the last one to stay in on our way out of Ok. we looked around and saw the Embassy, seeing that it was pretty from the outside we were a little bit on edge about how the inside would look... but as we walked in the doors I was Blown away buy the lay out and Friendly staff at the hotel. I was greeted but all staff I encountered. We had a wonderful bartender for the Manager’s Cocktail ball and a bell man complimented me. All in all I would stay here again this place was wonderful in all aspects the rooms were beautiful and the layout amazing. I am also in the Hotel industry and applaud this hotel for the wonderful service. I WILL STAY THERE AGAIN THAT’S FOR SURE!!!!!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Jesup, GA
Reviewed October 28, 2008

The front desk staff and other employees were most efficient, accomodating, and respectful. They went out of their way to order taxis for us to airport when shuttle was not available. The breakfast was super and free internet available 24/7. A downwtown trolley shuttle stop was located on the side of its parking lot.

Cost of lodging was super especially considering getting a suite, breakfast, happy hour snacks.

This stay added immensely to our visit to Oklahoma City.

2 Thank Georgiatravellers