“The rooms are very clean and modern :)”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“The rooms are very clean and modern :)”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

.... and the beds are just the right softness - not too hard, not too soft - and are supplied with a variety of pillows of softness and sizes as well. The breakfast is better than the nearby Staybridge Suites and Homewood Suites; far more choices of both hot and cold items and a made-to-order omelette station. The open bar starts at 5:30 pm and offers Bub Light and another beer (I forgot) on tap along with a decent assortment of mixed drinks. The open bar also offers chips, popcorn, and other snacks to much on while you catch up on the news on 3 of their big screen tv's in the atrium. You can also order off their menu from the adjacent restaurant. I didn't order any food so I can't comment on that. If you are inclined to venture outside the hotel for meals, there are a dozen restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike M
yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We appreciate the nice comments you made in your recent review of our hotel. We do receive alot of compliments from our guests on our entire bedding package. I have to agree with you on our breakfast. I don't believe there is a hotel out there that offers a complimentary breakfast and/or the complimentary two hour managers reception like Embassy Suites. We hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again. Hopefully the next visit you'll have a chance to dine in our restaurant, the Landing Bar and Grill. We recently made some new and inviting changes to our menu. Items like Buffalo Burger Sliders, Turkey Burger, Pineapple Whiskey Chicken and you won't want to miss our Hickory Smoked Bacon Wrappedd Shrimp. Delicious! After you try our restaurant, there isn't a need to try one of the neigboring ones. Hope to see you again real soon. Debi Neumann, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Started off with some maintenance issues (bad tv remote, stuck balcony sliding door, hot water issue) but the sales manager read my previous review and immediately had somebody come to my room and fix everything. She personally made sure my stay was better than ever - I have never had customer service like that before.

The beds and rooms are very comfortable and dark. However, if you do have a guest using the foyer, the fogged glass does let light through from the main hotel area so if they prefer a dark sleep, it may not be the best for them. The balconies are tiny and don't offer much excitement.

The Manager's reception is very nice and the bartenders are very friendly (they pour well, too.) The snacks provided are party snack mix, a nice variety of veggies and dips, salsa and chips, as well as non-alcoholic drinks. Perfect for an evening snack escapade.

The breakfast is amazing - full cooked to order omelettes, including egg whites! Oatmeal, cereal, scrambled eggs, biscuits, bacon, toast, french toast, pancakes, sausage, coffee, juice, hot cocoa, fruits, donuts and pastries. What more could you ask for!

I also really appreciate the complimentary airport shuttle - even after hours, you use the blue/yellow airport express vans and the front desk will cover the fare. I used the ATM in the lobby to get some cash and then broke my bills into singles at the front desk.

Overall, I had a very nice week and a half stay and I'm glad to have chosen Embassy again. If you are attending the FAA Academy or need transportation to the facility, the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center provides a daily loop bus that stops at the next few hotels south of this hotel, convenient. Check the FAA website for the schedule.

Room Tip: Check for hot water in the shower before settling in to the room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
WOW! I truly appreciate you taking the time to write another review. I am so glad we read your last review and realized you were still inhouse. This gave us an opportunity to correct the issues you were having. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again when you have another class in OKC. Best regards, Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

An older hotel, located conveniently to OKC airport and FAA training.
Free hot breakfast with chef is excellent, but serving doesn't not begin until 600 (or a couple minutes later, depending), so if you are here for FAA classes - if you stand in line a bit to get an omelette, eat as fast as possible, drive as fast as legal, you will be right in the middle of the rush to try to park & make your 700 class.. If breakfast started just 15 min earlier on weekdays, it would be perfect! (Hint!)
Rooms are nice, and well cared for, although there is frequently noise from people who let their doors slam (which shakes your wall, if you adjoin them), louder folks in the atrium, and street noise on Meridian & side streets, where the locals seem to like to drag race.
My room was conveniently located near the north elevators - except the week of my stay, both elevators on my side of the hotel were out of service portions of 3 days., and one more often than that.
I did not use the pool, Restaraunt (other than breakfast) or gift shop.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aremsik
yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments on our hotel and more importantly...thank you for your business. Yes we are a 10 minute drive to both Will Rogers World Airport and FAA. Our complimentary breakfast for hotel guests opens at 6:00 am Monday through Friday. However, our restaurant staff do have cold items out as early as 5:30 to 5:45 each morning. They also attempt to bring out the hot foods by 5:45 to 5:50. Unfortunately we can't stop guests who let their doors slam; but we honestly don't get alot of complaints from that. Our structure is concrete which really reduces noise from one suite to another. You mentioned the elevators being down. We are having some upgrades done in them. Two are complete, the other two they are working on now and should be complete this week. Next time you need to try our restaurant 'The Landing Bar and Grill' we have the best steaks and bacon wrapped shrimp! We hope to see you again real soon. Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel since I was in 4th grade and I am now 36. I usually stay about twice a year. This last trip was the worst. Upon arrival they said my reservations had been made for the previous day and had no rooms with 2 double beds. I had to take a king bed and there were 6 of us. Upon returning home and checking my reservation, it had not been made for the wrong day and the hotel was in the wrong, they gave me a $10 discount. I then had to go and ask twice for extra blankets and pillows, since now 3 of us were sleeping on the floor. The pool was so chlorinated that our eyes will still red the next day. The hot tub was green, we did not even get into it. There was a cheerleader convention going on, and they trashed the hotel Slices of tomato had been thrown in the elevator and on the steps. I went to the front desk and told them, they had someone pick up the slices but you could still see the seeds and juice from when it was thrown on the window and slid down, it wouldn't have taken to much time to clean the window also. Later on getting into the elevator, the staff had left a nasty food cart in there. Also they put a hold on my credit card, i stayed for 1 night at $125, there was a hold for $149 and one for $332, it took a week to get the $332 hold off. The one thing I will say is the staff is always very friendly and very accommodating, some of the most friendly people, so I love this place for that fact. The breakfast is always very good, and the happy hour is a nice touch for the people that stay there.

Room Tip: I always get a room with a balcony, I love stepping out there in the morning.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tviruet
First I'd like to tell you how much we appreciate your patronage over all these years. You must have started staying here back when we first opened as an Embassy Suites. It appears we had your reservation for the previous day of your arrival. That reservation was for a suite with two double beds. Unfortunately when you came in the following day, we didn't have any suites with double beds available. The 'no show' charge from the previous night is one of the reasons your credit card had several holds on it. Please feel free to contact our accounting office to review the charges. When there is alot of activity in the pool, our maintenance department attempts to keep the water temperature correct and the water safe. You all may have used the pool right after it was treated. We did have a small group of cheerleaders in for a competition that was going on in Oklahoma City that weekend. As with any group of kids, they were having fun at the expense of our housekeeping department and our guests. Yes we should have immediately cleaned the window. On a good note, I am glad to hear your comments on our staff. We continuously get compliments on our employees from all departments. We are very blessed. Our complimentary breakfast and manager's reception and our employee 'guest service attidtude' is what Embassy Suites is all about. We truly hope to see you again real soon. Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Oklahoma City
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Check in was not as smooth as it should have been. Booked 2 rooms and had to pull my confirmation before they found my 2nd room. Found the room very clean and orderly, The breakfast was good and quick. Access to the facilty and location to the airport was also good. No problems at all. Will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I first want to apologize your check in wasn't as smooth as it should have been. In looking at the two reservations I'm not clear on why there was an issue. I was glad to read on and see your stay ended up being pleasant. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again next time business or pleasure brings you to our great city. Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were onsite for a group convention. The staff at the hotel was great. Very helpful and all seemed to enjoy their work. Great attitudes! The rooms were clean and spacious. The food was good too. Overall a great time!

Room Tip: All rooms from the second floor up have a balcony that you can actaully walk out on to!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for the nice comments about our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you noticing how great our staff is. They are amazing and truly love serving our guests. We hope to see you again soon. Debi Neumann, Director of Sales
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Embassy Suites OKC is a great place to stay. The rooms are nicely equipped with a great heating/cooling system. The interior courtyard is quiet and relaxing. The breakfast is amazing, not to mention, free. The manager's reception in the early evening is very nice with snacks and free drinks. The entire staff was very friendly and always happy to help. I had no troubles with the wifi. They also have a nice business center, should you need to print or fax something. Overall, a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
yukon59, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We appreciate the favorable comments you made on your recent stay with us. As you mentioned, we do have an amazing breakfast and it IS free as is the two hour manager's reception each evening. We do have a great staff and they are here to make sure our guests feel at home while staying with us. We hope to see you again when travel brings you back to Oklahoma City. Debi Neumann, Director of Sales