“Best Econo Lodge I've Ever Stayed In” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #138 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Orange, Texas
“Best Econo Lodge I've Ever Stayed In”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

First, please know that this two-storey property is an older property. It's rooms and bathrooms are smaller than newer builds, and it doesn't have an elevator. I was impressed at how well this property, which is located just off I-40, looked when I pulled up. The exterior looked freshly painted, and the parking lot was clean. When I entered the lobby, I continued to be impressed! The lobby, and interior hallways (which is how you access your room) also appeared to be well-maintained. After talking with the gentleman at the check-in desk, I found out that the last remodel was two years ago. As I said, they are continuing to maintain it like new! As I already mentioned, the room was small, BUT it had a micro-fridge AND a microwave! The bathroom was extremely small, but I don't spend anymore time in their than necessary! The continental breakfast consisted of local bakery fresh goodies-donuts, fritters, danishes-all fresh made, cereal, juice and coffee. Every employee that I spoke with was friendly and conversational. Don't let the location near a TA truck-stop turn you away from this oasis in the desert! I would stay at this again location in a heartbeat! No disclaimers here-I don't work for the hotel, I never met anyone there before my stay, and I didn't receive anything from them in exchange for this review. I don't even have any immediate plans to return to this location anytime soon. I was serious impressed by this location! I will add one last final thought though. If you're looking for a hotel room with a view, then in this one area you'd be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you aren't a sound sleeper, request a room not facing the interstate highway. Also, if you h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Flippin, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would advise to spend the extra $ for better hotel. I stayed in smoke free room due to asthma, and can smell others smoking from my room. Also the toilet and tub look like they came from a junkyard. Water taste's ok but the roaches crawling on the walls make it hard to sleep. Water pressure is horrible!!
Do not stay in this hole full of dirty people!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Fiero87GTV8
Parkland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was obligated to spend five terrifying nights in this cockroach infested/bedbug infested inhumane due to a four day orientation suffering countless bedbug bites. Bedbug bites on my arms and legs and feet. Attempted to seek an alternative only to be declined.

Room Tip: Keep going stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manteca, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Late night needed rest stop. Terrible front desk staff. Room recently painted and no ventilation in room. Dirty bathroom floor/shower/toilet (didn't notice until the AM upon waking). Still had painters tape on door handles and shower fixtures. Carpets were sticky and was afraid to remove my socks (i didn't). We could not wait to leave, in a hurry. If you stop here, expect the worst and you will not be disappointing. Still waiting for refund and will file official complaint with BBB and chamber of commerce in Oklahoma City.

Room Tip: Look a little further down the road for better value.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank leovg1
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

friendly reception staff, excersise room available, no vending machine even though they are signposted for the first floor. Good a/c.

• Stayed June 2012
Olpe, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stopped here on our way home from Arizona. I have never in my life been in such a stinking dump. We were charged $74.99 for a double room that smelled so bad we had to hide our heads under our own blankets to keep from gagging. I'm not sure they have a cleaning staff, the carpets look like they haven't been cleaned in years. The beds and pillows were so uncomfortable. There was no coffee or juice in the morning, even though there was supposed to be.

Drive a little farther to somewhere better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Pomfret Center, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

So many problems with this hotel presumably "under new management." First, it is run by a group of 20 somethings who are not that comfortable either with the English language, how to operate a computer or how to run a hotel. First, I had to wait 45 minutes in the lobby with my wife and baby while they called up priceline to make sure I had pre-paid the hotel room without just letting me check into the room. Second, I nearly fell and broke my neck on the way to the hotel because they had not salted the stairs, sidewalk or corridors. When I suggested this to them, they looked at me like I was from Mars. Third, when I entered the hotel room and turned the bathroom light on: nothing. I called the front desk and asked for someone to come by to replace the bulb and what I got was a young 20 something holding a bulb at my door. He handed me the bulb, told me to install it myself and of course the bulb did not fit. And finally to top it off the electricity shorted out at about 2 am which made for less than ideal sleeping conditions in Oklahoma in December. In short, this is -- and I have travelled extensively in the States and abroad -- the absolute hands-down worse hotel I have ever stepped foot into. Oh, I forgot to mention that the address of the hotel is wrong on the Internet and it took us nearly an hour to find it. I highly recommend staying at another hotel or under a bridge instead of this dump run by a completely incompetent hotel staff.

• Liked — Nothing really. The room was clean.
  • Disliked — Almost everything. Hotel staff, safety, no electricity, etc. see review.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Quality Inn & Suites Airport
#61 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.0 of 5 stars 139 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#99 of 148 in Oklahoma City
3.0 of 5 stars 292 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!