WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #139 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Pomfret Center, CT
“Under New Management? Still a bad hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2007

So many problems with this hotel presumably "under new management." First, it is run by a group of 20 somethings who are not that comfortable either with the English language, how to operate a computer or how to run a hotel. First, I had to wait 45 minutes in the lobby with my wife and baby while they called up priceline to make sure I had pre-paid the hotel room without just letting me check into the room. Second, I nearly fell and broke my neck on the way to the hotel because they had not salted the stairs, sidewalk or corridors. When I suggested this to them, they looked at me like I was from Mars. Third, when I entered the hotel room and turned the bathroom light on: nothing. I called the front desk and asked for someone to come by to replace the bulb and what I got was a young 20 something holding a bulb at my door. He handed me the bulb, told me to install it myself and of course the bulb did not fit. And finally to top it off the electricity shorted out at about 2 am which made for less than ideal sleeping conditions in Oklahoma in December. In short, this is -- and I have travelled extensively in the States and abroad -- the absolute hands-down worse hotel I have ever stepped foot into. Oh, I forgot to mention that the address of the hotel is wrong on the Internet and it took us nearly an hour to find it. I highly recommend staying at another hotel or under a bridge instead of this dump run by a completely incompetent hotel staff.

• Liked — Nothing really. The room was clean.
  • Disliked — Almost everything. Hotel staff, safety, no electricity, etc. see review.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kennethl

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
STL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

This is the hotel that taught me the importance of reading online reviews! (Had I read before, I never would have stayed!!) It was our first stop on our 2 week Rt. 66 honeymoon road trip, and by far the worst of the 11 places we stayed. I have never seen such a dirty hotel carpet in my life!! Every single thing about our room was dirty, dingy and smelly. The sheets were so scratchy that I felt like things were crawling on me. This place is certainly an example of you get what you pay for, and I’ll pay more next time!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sedalia, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2006

As the other poster stated this hotel was VERY hard to find.

Upon entering the front door the smell hit you in the face. I have no idea what they were cooking in the apt the manager lived in, but the smell was the most horrid thing I have ever smelled in my life and it filled the entire building.

We only stayed here because it was the only hotel we could find in the area that had 3 beds in the room which we needed.

The bathroom was so small you nearly had to stand in the tub to shut the door. There was a hole in the wall, the carpets were BADLY stained. The chain/security lock on the door was broken which gave us great concern because of all the unsavory characters hanging around outside, which gave us even more concern that our van would be broken into during the night. This was VERY concerning as they didn't seem to be doing anything but watching us. You couldnt' feel safe going to the swimming pool with these guys hanging around out there. One of them even followed my husband up the stairs to our room.

As for the beds/pillows, we would have been more comfortable sleeping in our van.

There was a trucking business or something directly behind the hotel and you could hear the compressors from the freezers running all night long.

As for the free breakfast in the morning. We didn't even risk it! We did walk by and noticed that all it amounted to was a box of donuts and 2 cereal boxes, so we went up the road to IHOP.( which was to expensive and not worth it)

As the other posters stated, DON"T RISK staying here, it was horrid, smelled like a third world country and scary

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank AliasAnn
Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2006

DOn't waste your time and money on this place! Just a warning: Its just like every other Econo Lodge, except for the one in Gallup, NM. They don't even give the right address on the internet and it took us forever to find the place. When I told the clerk, she just laughed and said she gets tired of answering the phone to give out directions! AWW! The place looks like it rents rooms by the hour. There are some very unsavory looking types hanging about the place and the management basically said if I didn't like it, I could leave. The sheets were full of holes, the bathroom was so small that the door hit the tub, and the place smelled really bad! Too scary for a family stay. Spend the extra ten bucks and go down the highway to the HOliday Inn!

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Linda M
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2006

I booked this hotel from the internet. Not finding any reviews should have been my first clue. We pulled in and there were very shady looking people sitting by the pool. Walking up to the hotel, we noticed that there were different types of curtains and one window had a plant. Evidently, people live there. We walked in and the place smelled of urine and other unmentionables. The girl at the desk was friendly. I asked to see our room first before I paid for it. Good thing! The bathtub looked like someone had given a dog a bath. The whole place was DIRTY. The beds were crooked, the room had to be over 90 degrees, the carpet was filthy, and it smelled SO bad! We immediately went downstairs and told the girl we were cancelling. I did not cancel before their specified time, so I had to pay for the room, but I intend on getting my money back. BEWARE! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! We went down the road to the Holiday Inn Express and had a fantastic experience.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2004

We made a reservation here based on the info given on the internet. I have done this a lot in the past with no problems. However, in this case it is very misleading. Upon checking in the lobby was at least 95 degrees, that should have been my first clue. The airconditioner in the room didn't work properly, the compressor would not kick on. And all the manager wanted to do was argue about it. It was blowing hot air!! He finally agreed to give us another room. The air was cooler but the whole place is very dirty and nasty. The carpets are wrinkled up in the rooms and in the halls and I'm not talking small wrinkles!!! Even the sleeve he gave us to hold the rooms cards in was VERY dirty. Where you parked looked like a war zone!!! You will probably want to sleep in your car. I can guarantee it will be cleaner than the room and if you don't it will probably either get broken into at the very least if not outright stolen. The beds were REALLY BAD and the sheets were dirty too. The management fits this place just fine. Dirty, ratty and rude!!! Please don't make this mistake!! We went just down the road and had a wonderful stay at the Hilton for $61.00 !!!!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
Studio 6 Oklahoma City
Studio 6 Oklahoma City
#121 of 151 in Oklahoma City
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Airport
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City ...
#49 of 151 in Oklahoma City
BEST WESTERN Plus Yukon
Lincoln Inn Hotel & Suites
Lincoln Inn Hotel & Suites
#102 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Comfort Inn & Suites Oklahoma City West - I-40
Comfort Inn & Suites Oklahoma Ci...
#28 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!