“Not what you expect from a Hampton Inn”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #53 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed June 1, 2012

One of the reasons we often choose Hampton Inns on the road is because they are predictable, generally stylish, reasonable size rooms, reasonable size bathrooms, nice breakfast room with a good assortment of breakfast items. Usually well maintained and updated, it's just a comfortable place. Not so much with this one.

My stay isn't over yet, so I can't tell you about breakfast, but let's start with Check-in. We booked a king "suite" with a sofa bed. At check-in the desk clerk informed us that our room type (for which we had prepaid through a website) was not available, but she was checking us into a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa instead, but as the room was prepaid through a 3rd party, she could not refund us. So we called the booking website to complain, they called the hotel and were told we did get the room we booked. So a review of the website, and it would seem that we did. Poor service to set us up at check-in to feel like we were being downgraded!

The hotel itself is very shabby. The carpet is downright ugly, the outside looks like it's coming apart. The elevator smells like machine oil, and there's only 1 elevator which makes for a wait. We are on a non-smoking hall way that smells like someone has been smoking. it could, of course, be an old smell held in the really old, ugly carpet. Our room has clearly had water damage and was patched up in an obvious and unprofessional way. While our "suite" is a spacious room, the bathroom is tiny! The sleeper sofa is old and looks very uncomfortable. There are stains on the cushions. There were no extra pillows in the room for the sofa bed.

Of course all of these things are minor. The staff is friendly, but given our check-in experience, it is hard to feel satisfied with the shabby room we got for an upper end price for a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Farynb1, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Good Afternoon,
I first want to extend my apologies for not meeting your expectations, this is heart wrenching for me to hear. We take pride to be a part of the Hampton family and understand that check in, is a main part of your experience during your stay! I would like to extend an offer to you, to come back and try us again! Please ask for me personally my name is Faryn and I would love to make your next experience above satisfactory!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I spent the night here prior to an early morning flight. I chose this hotel due to the ability to earn HiltonHHonors points, the price, and that the hotel has a shuttle to the airport. The room was fine, but the bathroom was a little small. The room itself was clean, but the bathroom walls had stains/drops of dirt/blood/I don't know what on the walls. (Note to management - please have housekeeping check the bathroom walls - they should clean, as this is a real turn-off to most guests, myself included) The bed was very comfortable, the flat screen TV worked fine, and actually had most channels coming in as HD. The breakfast, which began (fortunately) serving at 5:30 was up to the usual Hampton Inn standards, & the shuttle to the airport was prompt. All the personnel working at the hotel were friendly. The property appears to be older, but seems to have been recently renovated. I would stay here again, but recommend that housekeeping make sure the walls (especially in the bathroom) are clean.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Farynb1, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay!!! We pride our selves on friendly staff, cleanliness, and overall satisfaction. I will take this straight to my executive housekeep this afternoon, to insure the bathroom situation gets straightened out! We all love having you stay here so hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed here one night and totally regretted it. Too close to airport and planes flying over hotel all night long. Must say that staff was friendly, bed comfy and breakfast good. Hotel overall not as nice as I thought it would be and felt like I was on the runway.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We have stayed here 3 other times in our travels and always know what to expect. It is an older Hampton but it's an oldie but goodie! The breakfast was outstanding this time. We've grown to expect the nice quiet room and were not disappointed. Receiving extra bottles of water due to being Hilton Gold was a nice bonus too. In summary, great place to say if you want a great night sleep and nice hot breakfast before you get back on the road!

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator without adjoining door.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Stayed there a few times recently, everything worked as advertised and I enjoyed the free hot breakfast. No problems getting online with the wired internet; I have learned to turn off my computer all the way, then turn it on with the wireless mode turned off and I had good luck.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Julie B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Good afternoon,
We are so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay! We recently just upgraded to high speed wireless internet through out our property and have re installed new hard wired cables for all rooms, placed brand new flat screens in every room, purchased brand new fitness equipment, and added a wonderful manager’s reception every Tuesday. I hope that you will be back to visit us very soon and when you do I would love to meet you face to face, just ask for Faryn Bobbitt Director of Sales! Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Airport hotels traditionally serve a high percentage of business travellers. This one cannot. I was told the wireless was bad, but I could use the provided CAT-5 cable. It didn't work. They gave me another cable. I could log in for three minutes before the connection was lost. This happened several times. The front desk person was knowledgeable, and helpful, but management has not made this service a priority, and I am switching hotels this morning. No more Hampton Inns for me.

I am typing this on my cell phone because the connectivity this morning is worse than last night.

• Stayed: November 2011

Good afternoon,
I first want to apologize for all the inconveniences that you had while on my property. At that time we were still struggling with outside vendors for our WI-FI installation process to be completed. I now want to assure you that we are up and running with new and improved equipment. Since your stay we have up graded to high speed wireless internet through out our property and have re installed new hard wired cables for all rooms, Placed brand new flat screens in every room, purchased brand new fitness equipment, and added a wonderful manager’s reception every Tuesday. I encourage you to please stop back and visit my property, ask for me personally and I will take care of your stay. Thank you again for your review; it does truly help us in correcting our mistakes. Have a wonderful day.
DOS
Faryn Bobbitt

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Dont let the name fool you like it did me! This is a very dated facility but most important is the strong smell of smokers throughout and in my non-smoking room... No wireless in room and after 30 minutes of trying to get wired service to work.... I just gave up!!! No other rooms here or down the street at 11 pm so i am stuck!

• Stayed: November 2011
Julie B, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

I want to deeply apologize for the internet inconvenience. We here at the Hampton are currently undergoing some fabulous changes; currently we are placing in our wireless internet throughout the hotel, just placed in brand new flat screen TV's, and have a wonderful Managers reception. Our staff and management are working very hard together to make this a wonderful Hampton and would love for you to stop back and give us another try! Ask for Faryn Bobbitt and I would be happy to assist you, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!