One of the reasons we often choose Hampton Inns on the road is because they are predictable, generally stylish, reasonable size rooms, reasonable size bathrooms, nice breakfast room with a good assortment of breakfast items. Usually well maintained and updated, it's just a comfortable place. Not so much with this one.
My stay isn't over yet, so I can't tell you about breakfast, but let's start with Check-in. We booked a king "suite" with a sofa bed. At check-in the desk clerk informed us that our room type (for which we had prepaid through a website) was not available, but she was checking us into a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa instead, but as the room was prepaid through a 3rd party, she could not refund us. So we called the booking website to complain, they called the hotel and were told we did get the room we booked. So a review of the website, and it would seem that we did. Poor service to set us up at check-in to feel like we were being downgraded!
The hotel itself is very shabby. The carpet is downright ugly, the outside looks like it's coming apart. The elevator smells like machine oil, and there's only 1 elevator which makes for a wait. We are on a non-smoking hall way that smells like someone has been smoking. it could, of course, be an old smell held in the really old, ugly carpet. Our room has clearly had water damage and was patched up in an obvious and unprofessional way. While our "suite" is a spacious room, the bathroom is tiny! The sleeper sofa is old and looks very uncomfortable. There are stains on the cushions. There were no extra pillows in the room for the sofa bed.
Of course all of these things are minor. The staff is friendly, but given our check-in experience, it is hard to feel satisfied with the shabby room we got for an upper end price for a Hampton Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the AmericInn Oklahoma City Airport. Relax and refresh at our hotel near Will Roger International Airport and one mile south of I-40. Our AmericInn Oklahoma City hotel is also close to a rang of exciting attractions, including White Water Bay Water Park. Explore the Oklahoma City Zoo or stroll through the beautiful Myriad Botanical Gardens. Wander along Historic Bricktown, treat yourself to the Brand New Oklahoma City Outlet Shoppes providing more than 72 known brand stores, or visit an event at the Chesapeake Energy Arena. Unwind in a spacious guest room with a choice of useful amenities including a microwave and refrigerator, or choose a spacious suite with a separate living area and pull-out sofa sleeper. Wake up each morning to our free, hot, home-style AmericInn Perk breakfast and sip on tea and coffee at any time of the day in the cozy lobby. Host a meeting or event for up to 35 guests. Catch up with work in the business center and stay in touch with free WiFi throughout the hotel. Re-energize in the fitness room or plunge into the outdoor pool, always open between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The AmericInn Oklahoma City Airport hotel offers a free shuttle service to the Will Rogers Airport or local businesses around the hotel and also the new Oklahoma City Outlet Shoppes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Hampton Inn