“Good Place, Excellent Price!”

Days Inn Oklahoma City South
Ranked #105 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Amarillo
“Good Place, Excellent Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Room was SUPER clean (carpet appeared to be new), beds were soft and we had the biggest, softest pillows we've ever had at ANY motel. The room was your simple average motel room. The pool was closed, still had not been cleaned and opened for the summer... Breakfast was VERY good... The neighborhood is a little "industrial"...but I would not say a "bad area"..not at all. There is a bar attached to the motel and a strip club very close...if these things offend you, you probably should find another motel. We heard no noise (ZERO), in fact, it was also the quietest place we've ever stayed! Convient location. Lots of fast food and a few regular restrauants within walking distance!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank texaskids4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Okc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

I was very disappointed about the uttter indiffference displayed by the staff at the front desk. There are used syringes scattered about the property, they have invented a mysterious $50 deposit for new guests (which brings the check-in total for a double room with 2 adults to almost $350), and one of the biggest disappointments is the pool, which is obviously not a priority to the management. Both pools are nearly empty except for some disgusting green sludge at the bottom. Obviously the increase in business due to a recent hailstorm has the management nice and fat and spoiled now. Guests receive a " We don't need your business - we've got plenty" attitude from start to finish.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Kenosha, Wi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

As the title indicates, I was nervous at first upon arrival as the neighborhood looks a bit industrial with a marginal looking gentleman's club a 100 yards north of the property. After going in and speaking with the desk clerk and looking around, I started to feel a bit better. The adjoining rooms we had were very clean, comfortable and just right for the price of $ 59 per room. We ate at the Sonic down the road and it was great and there are other fast food choices right nearby. It is an easy 10 minute drive into downtown OKC. Not sure if I would go for an early morning or late night jog in the area but overall it was a fine place to crash for the night and easy to access the downtown activities and the Capitol. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BradyBunchKenosha_Wi
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2010

On our way to Arizona stopped for the night. Not far from great nightlife in Bricktown ($8 cab ride). Shower was good, nice having coffee maker. Great deal I thought for $50.
Only complaint was I called the front desk to get a cab sent to our room and we waited over an hour, called him 3 times and the last time he said he would call us back and never did. Not a big fan of being lied to. Finally got our own cab and was there in 5 min. But the room was great.
If you are heading to Bricktown we ate at the Bricktown Brewery which was great. Also recommend Coyote Ugly Saloon for some fun.
High speed internet worked great also.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nezzer88
Stevens Point, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

If you like dirty bed linens, ill kept rooms and a hotel that does not run their air conditioning in hot weather, this could be the place for you. The wi-fi connection didn't work most of the time either. There has got to be better............

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
McAlester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

After informing the receptionist of my knee surgery the following morning I was not only given a 10% discount on my room, she also changed my room location to allow me better access to my room, both last minute accommodations were very much appreciated! Room was clean, comfortable and very lil noise. The only bad thing I can say about my stay would be that the heating unit in the room made the air very dry.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mxwmae
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2008

I should have asked for my money back after I saw the room, but unfortunately I booked online and it was too late to cancel. It reeked of industrial deodorizer - so much that it burned my eyes and nose. The furniture is old, worn, and very dated. After dark it was crawling with hookers and their clients - all I can assume is they offer an hourly rate to some customers. I do not recommend this hotel, or any in this area, for that matter. It's where a lot of the adult entertainment venues are located. I was glad to be leaving the next morning, and didn't even stay for breakfast!

• Liked — convenient access to downtown
  • Disliked — bad neighborhood location and the smell
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)