“July 4th weekend”

Ranked #72 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Kansas
“July 4th weekend”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our group had a quick check in. The room I was in was on the ground floor. There was a sliding glass door out to the parking lot from the room. The room was clean & had a refrigerator. A microwave would have been a nice addition. There are restaurants nearby & a go-cart/amusement center for the kids. I thought I would notice the noise but did not. The hotel has an outdoor pool which was very nice. Off the lobby there was a small sandwich shoppe & bar area with limited hours of operation. It was a 10-15 minute drive to Bricktown & It's close to the airport. They did offer shuttles to hotel patrons.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My name is Michael Heath. I have traveled the country on business trips and would like to personally acknowledge the excellence of the employees at the Courtyard by Marriott Oklahoma City Airport location. This is my second trip here from Scottsdale, AZ and I'm being treated like royalty. Everything from an excellent room to excellent food to excellent customer service from the front desk. I cannot describe in words the culture that has been developed here as it relates to positive attitudes, upbeat personal interaction and seeing people go out of their way to make sure my stay is an A+. I would like to personally acknowledge Evan, Carlita, Kenny, Dawayne, Samantha, Katie, Shelby and the entire staff here at this hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for this type of experience. The bed is terrific!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was a fabulous hotel to stay. When I checked in, Ms. Carlita was very nice and professional. She told me about the hotel and everything that it offered. We had breakfast which was delicious!!! I will stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Samantha S, Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport. We are so glad to hear that you found our breakfast delicious, Ms. Carlita nice and professional and that our hotel is fabulous!!

We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit the Oklahoma City Airport Area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I have some issues with this hotel. I am presently here, lying on a lumpy mattress, with pillows that feel and sound as though they have plastic covers. The shower floor is very dirty, the drain is stuck so when I took a shower, water was standing above my ankles. Very disappointed to see there isn't a refrigerator, even thought there is an empty cabinet where it should be. The room is very small, with a tiny curved loveseat size seat, when it said the room had a sofa. I am disappointed with this particular Courtyard. I chose this hotel because I needed to be close to the airport for a flight out tomorrow.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Samantha S, Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about the Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport. Please accept my apology for the problems you had with your room. I can understand how frustrated you felt. Our Mission is to "Impress the Guest," and in your case we failed to do that. I have used your email to impress upon my staff the importance of providing our guests a comfortable and clean space to stay in.

I appreciate your informing us of your concerns. We want to offer the best service possible, and feedback from our guests helps us to do that.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope to welcome you again soon at Courtyard by Marriott in Oklahoma City.

Larissa, Greece
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Courtyard Hotels appear to me to be a nice, comfortable chain. This is a prime example. It is clean, modern, has great beds, friendly staff, and nice lobby amenities. I stayed for a quick night checking in late and checking out early and so really only saw what I noted above. Topping off the stay was being able to get decent coffee (Starbucks) on the way out. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Probably any room away from the elevators is a good choice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This property has recently been renovated so the walls, the carpets and the bed I slept in are OK, it's the legacy issues of an old hotel that has been painted over due to a lot of new really nice places.

I came back here for a couple of nights and here is my experience.
Arrived at 10:30 PM, got my room key, went upstairs to my room. Could not get the AC going so tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. Went back to the desk (clear at the other end of the hotel) and described my problem. Very nice lady at the front desk could not figure out how to get me another room. Meanwhile another associate went to the room and came back to say the AC was on and the phone was on "the long table".

Went back to the room and the AC was on, the non-working phone had been moved to another table - I guess if I can't reach it, it's fixed......?

Next morning i find almost no wate pressure in the sink - shower was fine.

Went down to lobby and --- no free coffee, had to pay for Starbucks. Other Courtyards still have the free coffee in the lobby. Marriott has to nickel and dime its customers to cover the wall paper.

Here's the deal, I come to OKC regularly and will select a different hotel if available.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Samantha S, Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport. We want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the AC not working properly, the nightstand telephone needing to be moved to a new outlet, and the inadequate water pressure in the sink during your stay. I can assure you that I have addressed these issues with my Engineering team, and we have corrected all of the problems.

Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences, and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service in the future.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Only stayed one night but we had a really late check out the next day. We were able to return to the hotel, shower and head home after participating in the OKC Memorial Marathon. Room was clean and the staff was so helpful and friendly, we will be making reservations here again next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends