“Good food well priced”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palm Springs, California
“Good food well priced”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Rooms were a bit noisy due to the Neighbours, but still able to get a good rest
Very good value
We ate in the bar and both the service and food were excellent, the hot breakfast buffet, had good choices, and was good and refreshed often, the service was very good,
All the staff were pleasant and helpful

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SaddlebackGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Larry, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and your positive comments! I did want to let you know that we were aware of the issues in some rooms with noise and are in the process of a property-wide installation of new weather-stripping on all guest room doors. I am pleased to be able to tell you that we were able to find a very effective solution. We anticipate the installation on all 220 rooms being completed by the end of April....Thanks again for staying with us and for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I didn't know this was an "outside" hotel. Charge that to my lack of know. Breakfast was par or just ok. Guest were loud at times, especially on weekends. Rooms were cleaned promptly and staff was nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Steven, Thanks for taking time to let us know about your experiences. I know we had some rodeo guests in during your stay that were enjoying themselves a bit too much. Thankfully our security was able to get things quieted down quickly. I apologize that this effected your stay. I hope you'll give us another try on your next trip to OKC.......
Kilgore, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here two nights and enjoyed our visit. As with any establishment close to Interstate there will be outside noises of traffic, however found this Best Western to be comfortable and relaxing. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet and staff there were excellent. Every sight in Oklahoma City we visited was within a good travel distance. We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again when we come back to Oklahoma City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunni, thanks for taking time to share your comments about our hotel. We appreciate your business and your positive feedback. I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of a property-wide installation of new weather-stripping on all guest room doors to address the noise issue. It took a while to find the best solution but I am happy to report that we have found a very effective remedy. Installation started last week on the rooms closest to I-40 and it has made a tremendous difference. We anticipate all 220 rooms being completed by the end of April....Thanks again for your business and your kind words.....
David, Panama
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was delivering a motorcycle from Madison WI to Phoenix AZ. On the way, I was hit by a hit and run Van at a gas station in Springfield, MO. I kept driving, not realizing how severe the injury was. 9 hours later, my knee was swollen I could not get off my Bike and I was in front of the Saddleback Inn. I rode up to the front entrance. In a minute, they had a wheel chair, a husky guy who lifted me into the wheel chair, unloaded and parked the motorcycle, checked me in and wheeled me to room 1015 where I spent 4 days arranging to ship the bike on to Phoenix and change my ticket to fly back to Panama. Every day, they remembered to offer me room service (which was excellent). The transport person not only took me where I had to go but went into the store and assisted me every step of the way. I could not have asked for a more helpful and pleasant person to assist me. The food was excellent, the front desk was meticulous about being sure I got my messages. The room was comfortable and clean, the wheel chair was in great condition and easy to use, the location was outstanding. I needed to get to several places to get crutches, packing material, etc., and everything was nearby. The service was simply outstanding. My wife is a doctor and diagnosed a ligament tear via phone. Had I decided to go to an emergency room and get the MRI treatment for my sprain, it would have been more than $5,000. Instead, I spent well under a thousand for several days of Rest and Relaxation with the outstanding service and staff at the Saddleback Inn. The bed was great and I slept well. This was an outstanding value. I recommend it to my friends and I have found a new place to call home away from home.

Room Tip: I just took what they had and it worked out great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Gary, we certainly remember your stay and your wonderful personality. We thank you so much for sharing your experiences with others. We look forward to many future visits from you!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 30, 2012

It's on the service road, but there's not a cut-through. You have to make several right-hand turns.
Also, parking lot was partially closed for pavement repair.
Desk staff was very polite, and helpful.
Property is a little aged, and the door seals let in a lot of cold air.
Breakfast buffet had good selection, and staff there was also very polite.
General location was convenient, and pricing was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for taking the time to review out hotel. I am pleased to be able to tell you that our concrete replacement project is completed including our new decorative stamped concrete entrance. It is in an Arizona Flagstone design and looks very impressive and inviting! It was a bit of a mess getting it done though and we appreciate your understanding while we invested in improving the property. I also wanted to let you know that we are in the process of a property-wide installation of new weather-stripping on all guest room doors. It took a bit of research and time (3 different companies) to find the best solution that would provide the absolute quietest and best seal to the doors but I am happy to report that we have found a very effective solution. Installation started last week on the rooms closest to I-40 and it has made a tremendous difference. We anticipate all 220 rooms being completed by the end of April....Thanks again for staying with us and for your comments!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We travelled to Olkahoma City and wanted to stay close to I-40 for convenience. However, our room was so noisy it felt like we were actually ON the freeway. The door and window were so poorly sealed that all the noise came through since our room faced the freeway. We travelled with our dog and it seemed they put people with pets toward the rear, facing the freeway. Even our dog had trouble sleeping with all that noise! They "accept" pets but judging how they responded, the hotel is clearly not very welcoming to pets. The breakfast was not very good either. Also, it was so crowded the food ran out really quickly and took time to replenish.

Room Tip: Insist on a room that does not face, and is not adjacent to, I-40, otherwise you won't sleep!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SaddlebackGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Please accept my apologies for the noise that disturbed your stay. You are correct that we do only have one of our five buildings designated as a "pet" building. Because so many travelers have allergies we find it necessary to limit our pet friendly stays to one building and the building that you were in has the most grassy areas for guests to walk their dogs. Unfortunately we have no control over the noise from I-40 in the very back rooms and usually rent those rooms last. It sounds from your feedback that we may have been sold out during your stay. There are only 14 rooms (out of 220) that are in that area but if you are a light sleeper and get one of them that is no consolation to you I realize. Because of your feedback we are looking at ways to further insulate and seal the doors and windows to those rooms. Believe it or not, we actually have many guests that don't mind the road noise and request that area because of the ability to park right in front of their room. We generally try to reserve those rooms for the guests who request them. I do apologize that this negatively impacted your stay and for the issues with the busy breakfast buffet. Your recommendation on Trip Advisor to request a room away from I-40 is a good one for guests who have an issue with there being some road noise. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Oklahoma City. I would be pleased to personally manage your next stay including insuring a quiet room location.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Arrived from Australia and stayed for 13 nights during the AQHA world show. This was my third visit and again the shuttle pickup from the aiirport and checkin was quick and efficient. A bonus after travelling for 20 hours. The breakfast was again excellent offering choices for all tastes. The restaurant meals were high quality and reasonably priced and included a soup and salad bar. Service provided at breakfast and other times was excellent. There is no shortage of eating places around the hotel. I went to Dennys when I arrived but they wern't interested in seating me even though not busy (avoid that place) so went to McDonalds instead, but I am sure there are better options out there when the hotel restaurant is closed. Again I made use of the excellent shuttle bus service to and from the Fairgrounds and other places in and around downtown. I was able to call for a pick up as late as 10:30 at night when there was an evening programme at the World Show. The only places the shuttle does not cover is the area out the other side of OKC being the Zoo, racetrack and the Cowboy Heritage Museum. However the shuttle dropped me at the Transit Centre downtown and bus 22 will drop you off at those places for $1.50 each way. It was a 30 minute bus ride to the Museum and the timetable easy to read. You need to go during the week as there is a reduced service Saturday and none on Sunday. If you have a car its probably only a few minuites up the freeway. Even though one of the 2 shuttle vehicles was out of action, the service was still very efficient and I was advised of any lengthy waiting times. The room and amenities were clean as usual. However I was in room 212 in the main building above the lobby. This room has a sloping roof behind the far wall where the TV is. On this roof is equipment (heating/cooling unit ?? what was it ??) that makes a loud droning noise simular to being in an aircraft. It started at 5am every morning without fail continuing until 10:30pm. On one occasion it didn't shut off and went all night. You needed earplugs to stay there. The advantage though that being in the main building when the machinery was off there was no freeway noise, but I am never too bothered by that. If it wasn't for that, the room would have been excellent. The wireless internet was good but didn't seem to work the last few days of my stay. OKC overall is a great place to visit with many things to do if you want a break from the horseshow action. I highly recommend the Cowboy Heritage Museum.The shopping is excellent with Sheplers and Teners western stores within walking distance and more at the nearby Stockyards. I have no doubt I will be back for a fourth time to Saddleback Inn.

Room Tip: Avoid room 212 above the lobby if you want to sleep past 5am or prior to 10:30pm. Other rooms I ha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
BVDonna,
Wow, you get the award for longest distance traveled for the AQHA this year. We love the fact that people come from all parts of the planet to stay with us for the AQHA show. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. We look forward to seeing you at next year's AQHA show.