Arrived from Australia and stayed for 13 nights during the AQHA world show. This was my third visit and again the shuttle pickup from the aiirport and checkin was quick and efficient. A bonus after travelling for 20 hours. The breakfast was again excellent offering choices for all tastes. The restaurant meals were high quality and reasonably priced and included a soup and salad bar. Service provided at breakfast and other times was excellent. There is no shortage of eating places around the hotel. I went to Dennys when I arrived but they wern't interested in seating me even though not busy (avoid that place) so went to McDonalds instead, but I am sure there are better options out there when the hotel restaurant is closed. Again I made use of the excellent shuttle bus service to and from the Fairgrounds and other places in and around downtown. I was able to call for a pick up as late as 10:30 at night when there was an evening programme at the World Show. The only places the shuttle does not cover is the area out the other side of OKC being the Zoo, racetrack and the Cowboy Heritage Museum. However the shuttle dropped me at the Transit Centre downtown and bus 22 will drop you off at those places for $1.50 each way. It was a 30 minute bus ride to the Museum and the timetable easy to read. You need to go during the week as there is a reduced service Saturday and none on Sunday. If you have a car its probably only a few minuites up the freeway. Even though one of the 2 shuttle vehicles was out of action, the service was still very efficient and I was advised of any lengthy waiting times. The room and amenities were clean as usual. However I was in room 212 in the main building above the lobby. This room has a sloping roof behind the far wall where the TV is. On this roof is equipment (heating/cooling unit ?? what was it ??) that makes a loud droning noise simular to being in an aircraft. It started at 5am every morning without fail continuing until 10:30pm. On one occasion it didn't shut off and went all night. You needed earplugs to stay there. The advantage though that being in the main building when the machinery was off there was no freeway noise, but I am never too bothered by that. If it wasn't for that, the room would have been excellent. The wireless internet was good but didn't seem to work the last few days of my stay. OKC overall is a great place to visit with many things to do if you want a break from the horseshow action. I highly recommend the Cowboy Heritage Museum.The shopping is excellent with Sheplers and Teners western stores within walking distance and more at the nearby Stockyards. I have no doubt I will be back for a fourth time to Saddleback Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Saddleback Inn and Conference Center is one of the best business and leisure hotels in Oklahoma City. We pride ourselves on offering professional hospitality within a comfortable setting while offering up to date amenities with personal service.The Saddleback Inn and Conference Center is located just one mile from the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds and only five minutes from the OKC Airport If you are on a family vacation you will appreciate the close proximity to the amusement parks at Whitewater Bay, Frontier City, and Celebration Station. Our hotel is also conveniently located close to to Bricktown, Downtown. The Saddleback features 220 stylish and newly furnished hotel rooms featuring an ergonomic work desk area, free high speed internet access and over 80 great cable channels including multiple HBO Movie channels. Our oversized guestrooms feature designer Southwestern décor and provide safes, microwaves, refrigerators, 42" LCD Televisions and more. For additional space you may also choose Oklahoma City suites with two televisions with separate living and sleeping areas, which are some of the most luxuriously equipped rooms of any of the hotels in Oklahoma City. To ensure a great start to your day, our Oklahoma City hotel serves a complimentary deluxe breakfast buffet with over 50 items each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Best Western, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Saddleback Hotel Oklahoma City
- Best Western Oklahoma City
- Best Western Saddleback Hotel
- Oklahoma City Best Western