“Would stay here again!”

Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 18, 2012

While not perfect, this Best Western Plus is a good choice. Though the motel is near a freeway, the noise was not very noticeable. It's an older facility but very clean. We didn't use it, but the outdoor pool area is quite nice. The rooms are large and our king bed and pillows were very comfortable. They serve a complimentary full hot breakfast which you mustn't miss; they'll even cook eggs to order if you don't want scrambled from the buffet. Both the food and the coffee were great. The fixtures may be older, but everything was very clean, and the staff was accommodating and friendly. A bonus: small pets are accepted. We would definitely stay here next time we travel through OK City.

Room Tip: I prefer ground floor in the back of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miznovember
SaddlebackGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel.
We appreciate you business and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very friendly reception staff. Clean and well maintained rooms. Better than most complimentary breakfast. Overall, a very enjoyable three night stay. I found the location just fine for my needs. I-40 traffic noise was not a problem even with an outside room. I would stay here again.

1  Thank DOR774

Thank you for your very kind review and for taking the time to let others know about your experiences. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I did not lodge there personally but recently arranged for meeting facilities and guest rooms for attendees. I had arranged another event there a few years back, was impressed by the feedback I received, and have been looking forward to another opportunity to do business with them. We did not contract for lunches or break refreshments. The sales staff won the bid by offering complimentary coffee.

The manager was kind enough to meet with me and a coworker on short notice just a few days before the workshop. We were provided a tour which included viewing one of the guest rooms. It was a very hot day but the room was nice and cool. We were very impressed with the TV remote and how it can be cleaned. I have never seen or heard of such technology. Major plus!

The manager made the breakfast buffet available to attendees who were not hotel guests at a very reasonable rate. I've heard they really appreciated that and the food was very good. The manager arranged for a nice lunch buffet to be available at a very reasonablel rate. Several attendees took advantage of it and were very complimentary of the quality. And I know there is a variety of dining options with a range of prices available nearby so it is a win/win situation.

We needed an area of the parking lot blocked off for large vehicle demonstrations... then we didn't need it... then we did need it. The hotel staff took it in stride. I received no negative reports regarding audio visual equipment failures which is rare in my line of work so that's another positive.

The decor is Western but not tacky. Being an Okie I like it and found the environment very pleasing and relaxing. A tip to out-of-towners: If you like the decor, treat yourselves to a meal at Cattlemen's Steakhouse in the nearby Stockyards. It is an Oklahoma institution.

The online photos make some areas appear larger than they actually are. The lobby, for example, but it was not cramped despite the furnishings and art on display. The staff are very accomodating, effecient and helpful. You can sense that they take pride in their facility and work, and are eager to please but they are not hovering and do not come off as desparate. Heck! I want to spend a night or weekend there, and I only live 30 miles away!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Okie on the Go,
We really appreciate the time you took to write such a length and detailed review of our hotel. It's true we are a great location for conferences from small to large and we host multiple events on a daily basis. Our Meeting and Banquet staff will appreciate your kind feedback. We look forward to your next event here with us!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The title says it all! It is a busy hotel and conference center, but it still was relaxing. Check in was fast and easy. Getting upstairs was pretty slow, considering the elevator took AT LEAST 10 minutes to come. But that isn't a big concern. The breakfast was very good and nourishing. The sleep quality is excellent. I slept like a bunny! I really enjoyed my stay and will be back for sure! Great job Best Western! Keep it up!

Room Tip: Higher floors don't normally have traffic. Check in staff normally fills room from 1 then up.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Drew,
We really appreciate your kind words and the time you took to provide this feedback!
We all look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was looking for a nice getaway for Labor Day weekend and this hotel was the perfect fit. The room was very clean and looks like it may have been recently renovated. Along with the flat screen tv, there was a specially designed remote control that boasted its ease to be cleaned and disinfected. This was the first time I had seen such a remote in the hotels I have visited. Though I didn't have a chance to use it, I appreciated the safe in my room that valuables could have been stored if needed. The complimentary breakfast buffet was also an added treat. The buffet featured pancakes, sausage, bacon, hash brown, cereal, fruit, and a variety of juices. The hotel was also in close proximity to various restaurants and only a few miles away from the outlet mall. I was very pleased with my stay and definitely plan to stay at this hotel again during my next visit to OKC.

1  Thank RollTide95
SaddlebackGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your detailed and complimentary review. Our hotel was indeed recently renovated with a nearly 2 million dollar complete renovation of all rooms and public areas. Customers have been raving about the 42" LCD TVs and providing similar feedback regarding the free in-room laptop safes. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We met 2 other families for our annual Labor Day get together and had a total of 3 rooms. The pool was great, atmosphere was great, only bad thing was they had the chemicals way too "hot" in the hot tub it actually was burning our noses but we could have gotten there just after they added I guess. If you are looking for a great breakfast that is included with your stay this is one of the best I have had. I would suggest this to anyone.

1  Thank dmaffioli

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed our property and I have passed on your comments regarding the in-ground Spa to our Chief Engineer. Our spa is sanitized by "bromine" rather than chlorine. Even after it has received maintenance it should not be so strong that it is noticeable or harsh. Thanks to your feedback we were able to react to this immediately. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a large sprawling hotel and conference center. The people who man the front desk were helpful and friendly. It seemed slightly more upscale than most Best Westerns but was no more expensive. The breakfast spread exceeded our expectations. There was a large variety of breakfast foods and the cooking was better than what you normally find in a free breakfast buffet. The dining area was attractive with exposed beams and a rustic ambiance.
They are pet friendly and the pet fee is reasonable.

Room Tip: The room where we stayed was quite a walk from the breakfast area. If we go back I'll ask for so...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our hotel and our breakfast! We are the largest full-service Best Western hotel in Oklahoma and we like to think we are "upscale" as you described. Our Chef's Hot Full-Service complimentary breakfast is our most popular amenity and the most frequently cited reason our repeat guests give as a reason they stay here every time when in OKC. We appreciate the time you took to respond and look forward to your next visit!