“High hopes, but........”
Review of Paseo Grill

Paseo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Paseo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,712 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 28th and N. Walker
Description: Located in the middle of Oklahoma City's historic Paseo Arts District, Paseo Grill presents a casual, yet sophisticated dining experience. Paseo Grill features Classic American Cuisine with an International Flair including selections such as specialty steaks, fresh fish features, and signature salads. These dishes can be accompanied by top rated wines specifically chosen to compliment our menu. Join us on our patio over-looking the beautiful Spanish villa-style art galleries and enjoy a specialty martini.
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I had really high hopes for this place.

I walked in and appreciated the decorator's efforts: the place felt cozy and very warm. I saw the reading glasses on the table and kind of wondered what they were for and then realized the some of the clientele was a bit aged... Guess the glasses were for them.

Anyway, my friend and I sat down and took a glance at the menu. For Oklahoma, the restaurant's menu was pretty good. There was variety and even vegetarian entrees.

I ordered a pear salad with chicken and tomato caprice. Both we excellent. However, the salad was originally 8 dollars. There was an option to add chicken for 12. Not really a big deal, however, if you check out the picture, you will see that that is not 4 dollars worth of chicken! It was thin too, about only a half an inch thick. Not worth the price. The salad tasted good, but I could have made it at home, nothing special. Actually, a couple of days later, my mom made a very similar salad, just without pears. The tomato caprice was actually very good. It had a lot of salt and crushed pepper and onions, which you don't normally see on a caprice, but it was nice.

The biggest problem was the service. We were there almost 2 hours... for lunch! Usually, I'm not in a rush, but I'm not wanting to spend all day here, the atmosphere wasn't that exciting! The server, while polite, was just too slow. He left us at the table with nothing but bread which was torture for my friend that was with me who has gluten intolerance. Even the wine took a long time.

Overall, I'd still recommend it since the food was pretty good, especially for OKC.

3  Thank BrandiKSE

Reviewed January 28, 2011

Arrived at 730 pm for a Friday 730 pm reservation on 14 January. Hostess said our table was almost ready. We got to stand 30 minutes waiting for our table to be available! After the long wait, we waited another 5 minutes for the waiter to show up. I was not pleased. After that, food and service were very good but the long wait spoiled it for me. Not one person bothered to say anything about the long wait. Left a review on the Open Table Reservation site that included a copy to the restaraunt but never heard from them.

1  Thank Jkren
Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Steak with Scallops is Excellent! Lunch not so impressive, But Dinner is great. The best steak is $42 dollars though.

Reviewed April 6, 2010

I am a local and can be quite a critic. Could not find a thing wrong with our recent weekday dinner. Pleasant experience from the minute I walked in to receiving the check. Good value for the quality of food and service. I usually favor Deep Fork Grill, Red Prime and Micheal's Grill. This place was spot on this night, hope to return soon!!

1  Thank CATRep
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This an upscale restaurant that has pretty good food and a wonderful atmosphere. However, the best thing on the menu is the cream of mushroom soup.