“Good Beer”

Dining options: Late Night
Colorado
“Good Beer”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

They have a great beer selection but the food and service are not good. Several times I have tried hoping for a better result but no luck. I'll stick to the beer.

Visited January 2013

Amarillo, TX
“Awesome beer selection”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have been here a few times and it was a pleasant experience. The first time we had our 14 year old niece. It was not a problem at lunch time and we had decent fish and chips and sandwiches and beer. The second time was around 5 on a Sunday eve, and we got one of the last booths in the place. It was game night so there were quite a few people there. Our waitress was very helpful and checked on us often. The fish and chips weren't that great, but everyone loved the cheesy fries and the club sandwich and salads. This is more of a dive bar experience. The extensive beers on tap (categorized by country and/or "type") were hard to choose from and the martinis were great. The prices seemed very reasonable and our overall experience was a jolly one!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tip or go to jail.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My tap werks experience began by starting a ultra rare night of drinking with a group of friends. We choose tap werks because of many past good experiences. After arriving we all were double charged for the cover charge of $5. no reason was given. We wondered around until we found a booth and started to enjoy some drinks. Our waitress was nice at first until she refused to server a couple of members or our party. She also refused to acknowledge some members of our party and started to not take drink orders towards the end. We ended up having to go to the bar to order our own drinks. When the bill came a 18% gratuity was included. After refusing to pay the gratuity for inferior service the police were called. While in hand cuffs the only two options that were left were to pay the mandatory 18% tip or go to jail. Consumer beware!!!

1 Thank jay l
Tasmania, Australia
“Excellent food and extensive beer list”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visited on a Sunday evening after we rolled into town. We went to Tapwerks after the beer place we had initially chosen told us they closing as we walked through the door at 8pm.

We sat at the bar and ordered our beers and food. The food was great - I would have liked to sit at a table but my partner wanted to sit at the bar which was slightly uncomfortable but the food was good - especially the chicken tenders as an appetiser. Yum.

We were impressed with the wall of tap beers, and tried some local, national and international beers. The local ones were mostly served in cans or bottles, but I think it is important to try the local craft beers wherever you go.

In summary, would definitely visit again, and my mouth is watering thinking about those chicken tenders.

Kansas
“Great Place for St. Patrick's Day”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was in OKC for the weekend went on St. Patrick's Day and really enjoyed it. It is in an old building with a lot of character. You will have no problem finding any beer you want, unless you go the day after their St. Pat's day celebration! ( They were actually out of Coors light) This forced me to order a different beer and I was really happy I did. The waitress suggested Harp and I loved it. We went for lunch so there was no cover. We had great beer and great food. There were 8 people in my party and we all ordered something different and we all liked what we got. I ordered the fish and chips and it was very good, as were the fried pickles. I would definitely go back in the evening to hang out. It seemed like a laid back, fun place to be.