“Super vacation, beautiful hotel, great stay”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #5 of 155 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We went to OKC for a concert & stayed at the Skirvin. I read some of the reviews after I had already booked it. Happily, we had absolutely no problems with the hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and accomodating. The parking was not as expensive as we had thought. The parking garage behind the hotel is a maximum of $7.00 per day. It is a short walk over to Bricktown & all the restaurants, movies, outdoor entertainment, and baseball you could want. Excellent stay. I would not hesitate to go back.
I will agree that the ducts are a bit loud, we could definately hear an argument next door, but it was a very small part of the stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JKcoe968
Write a ReviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed May 16, 2009

Everything up until the end had been great. The final evening meal for our association which was served in the Upstairs Penthouse area was burned and sub standard. Then the next morning upon getting my car from the valet where it had been parked 'securely' for 2 days had been burgled and the front manager assured me that I would be taken care of. IT WAS NOT TAKEN CARE OF AND WAS DENIED. The small amount of money stolen and CD's taken only added insult to my injury. I wasn't even refunded the $20 a day for valet, that was the least they should have done. The manager had told me that several cars had been burgled, and I guess they just wanted to ast like everything was fine and get me gone. I will be very reluctant to go back there and will advise all friends and clients the same.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My laptop was stolen from my briefcase while in the room. To make matters worse, my kids had their video games stolen as well. The Skirvin denied liability. Hilton said it was up to the local hotel. Needless to say, the suggestion that valuables like a laptop should be stored in the safe just is not workable as a frequent business traveler. The fact that Hilton corporate did not stand behind the brand surprised me. Despite numerous telephone calls and letters, the general manager of The Skirvin never bothered to respond. He outsourced the response to some out-of-state outfit. Needless to say, being burglarized was bad and being treated poorly by the hotel afterwards made it worse. Stay at your own risk and do not keep any valuables in the room!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank IPLIT
Reviewed April 28, 2009

A lovely hotel, however, we had several items stolen from our room. After researching what steps we should take to recover our items, we discovered that we were not the first that this has happened to at this hotel. The hotel was not prompt at resolving the issue. There is a SMALL safe in the room on a high shelf in the closet - not sufficient for a laptop. If you are traveling with a computer, I recommend staying somewhere else. The Skirvin insurance would not cover our loss and we are not the first to have this happen. Search and you will find more.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank luvdiz
Reviewed March 22, 2009

The Hilton Skirvin is a beautiful historic hotel. The lobby and common areas are breathtaking. The carved woodwork, high ceilings and elegant draperies makes it one of a kind in Oklahoma City. Our check in was flawless, the staff was very friendly. We did not have reservations and there were only double rooms available. We decided that would be fine. The receptionist asked us our preference of floor height and we asked her to pick the highest floor with the best view she could recommend. Our room was 1212 and located very near the elevator. The room was pretty inside with a modern flair. Dark furniture, fluffy white linens with a border of gold printed fabric telling the story of the Skirvin history filled the room. A large flat panel television and small desk were there also. The room seemed very small- enough for two but not much more than that. The bathroom was crisp white marble with nice toiletries available. There were two thick robes waiting for us in the closet. The beds were very soft and comfortable. After seeing a play at Carpenter Square Theater and dining at Cattleman's steak house, we had drinks in the lobby bar and enjoyed the music being played on the piano. It was a romatic get away for us and we fully enjoyed the time together. The only annoyances were the noise from the elevator and the view. The window we had faced into the courtyard of the front of the building and an office building across the way and a parking garage blocked any view of the city and Bricktown we hoped to have. The hotel is located close to any of the venues of downtown Oklahoma City and Bricktown is very close. It is in the heart of Oklahoma City and is a good central location to all parts of the City. Should you stay there be sure to ask for a room on the east side with Bricktown views away from the elevators. I also recommend the "Wedding Cake Martini" from the bar in the lobby- Yummy!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank heajon
Reviewed March 17, 2009

My husband and I went to Oklahoma City March 14, 2009 for a weekend getaway. We chose the Skirvin because of the amazing reviews. The hotel was gorgeous and the rooms were very nice overall. We checked in around 1:30p.m. and the lady at the front desk said there were only double beds available when we booked one King. I said "No Thank You we will wait." Then she said well actually I do have one available. I'm not sure why she just didn't give us what we booked in the first place. Then we got to our room and it was very clean except for the fresh urine on the floor by the toilet. It was gross.
The stay was fine until some EXTREMELY LOUD people that arrived to the room next to ours at 2:15a.m. The insulation was horrible because we could hear everyone everything they were saying as if they were in our bathroom echoeing. We called security and they stlll didn't quite. Then around 3:15 we called security again because they were fist fighting and screamning curse words. We didn't get any sleep because of the echoeing rooms and loud people.

I think this hotel is very overrated for the price. If you pay $250 per night you think you would get a good night's sleep with no urine in the bathroom!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DeltaAmarillo
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Very rarely do I get to stay in what is considered the top hotel by TA reviewers but this time I did and I saw why. I came for business and was going to be at the convention center down the street. First, the price was excellent, especially for downtown and it was two blocks from the cc. The hotel was a really cool old building but without the problems usually associated with something being really old. Instead, they kept all the charm but still had all of the great ammenities you hope from a Hilton.

There is an indoor pool and a really great workout area with free weights a little pulley system, two benches and a lot of cardio equipment and yes, believe it or not, I actually used all of it (except the pool).

The room was a little small, but still packed everything in and I really didn't feel too cramped. Then again, I don't spend time in my room. However, the bed was big and new, the TV was a flat panel, and the desk area was pretty big and easy to work at.

The lobby was really neat with the old wood work and everything and I liked the little bar area right there in the lobby. When I was there, I saw about 4 bellhops at all times outside and they were always there to hold the door and offer advice.

After that, while not necessarily the hotels doing, the location is great. Bricktown was an easy walk (and needed after all the eating) and there were lots of restaurants, movie theater, and things like that.

I would highly recommend this hotel for any travelers and especially if you want a decent, clean place close to everything downtown.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business