“Loved the Skirvin! Staff was great and very elegant atmosphere.”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chestnutridge, Missouri
“Loved the Skirvin! Staff was great and very elegant atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We loved the Skirvin Hilton in Oklahoma City. I had a conference in their 2nd floor rooms. The family just lounged and enjoyed. From a conference standpoint, we had excellent service and food. It is expensive food, but places like these normally are. All around it was outstanding and I can't say anything negative. The room was clean and prepared as requested. We always had our food on time. The rooms are on the 2nd floor and overlook the main lobby. There are tables and chairs so we could breaks and relax. There was even very comfortable couches. The room was very nice. My wife is a clean freak and it met her standards. This hotel doesn't have the "feel" of being a kid friendly place, but our 2 kids had a blast! The staff was very helpful and pleasant. All around just a very good experience. I didn't do much other than work, but my wife enjoyed the area and took the kids to Bricktown, which was not too far away. She did say that if we came back for a family trip we would probably stay closer to kid activities. Hope that helps.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Andrew C – We always appreciate the feedback of Senior Reviewers during their travels. Your comments and endorsement are highly appreciated. Today’s Skirvin Hilton is a combination of historic beauty and modern luxury. Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful comments.
Kindest Regards –
Brett Sundstrom | General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have stayed at the Skirvin several times since my daughter decided to move to Oklahoma City and practice law. She recommended it as she had been to several receptions at the Skirvin. I really like this Hilton property. It has a long history and takes you back to a time when it was elegant to stay at fine hotel properties. I have stayed in the smaller rooms as well as the larger rooms and all were appointed very good and my only compliant would be some rooms depending on the floor you are on get light from surrounding buildings at night. I like a dark room for sleeping and have had to change rooms a couple of times because of this. I really like the elegance of the restaurant and the breakfast buffet is great. They have one of the best lunch menus in town. The dinner menu is OK but I think is lacking of the quality hotel that the Skirvin is. Their are many great restaurants near by and the chef needs to revamp his menu and compete with the quality of food being served by similar restaurants. But regardless you feel like this is elegant dinning while in the restaurant and the service has always been excellent. Valet parking is great here and I recommend you pay for the valet because parking on the street is very limited. And it just seems very special when you leave your room and walk into the beautiful lobby and have them bring your car to you. If you watch for room specials they have during the year you can stay here even on a tight budget. The Skirvin is in a good location and quick access to the interstate system. Overall you just can't beat a stay at the Skirvin.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the corner of the building as too much light will come into the room at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lawrence B - I love your review and am thrilled that you enjoyed the experience at our historically modern gem in OKC. Our in-the-center-of-it-all location works great for both business and entertainment, which you have recognized. Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful comments. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Having stayed in a number of OKC area hotels I can say the Skirvin Hilton is by far the best hotel in town. The Skirvin is a classic old hotel but with all of the modern updates you would expect in an upscale property. We arrived very late and the Valet parking attendant who was doubling as the overnight bellman was prompt and courteous. From Valet to Check-In everything went smoothly. We had a 1 bedroom Rotunda Suite, which is clearly the room you want. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The only complaint about the room was the very harsh and industrial light bulbs used in the lamps and overhead lights. The light is bright white, fluorescent, and almost warehouse like. Given the nice furnishings, lamps, accessories and clear attention to detail when designing the rooms, it seems such a poor choice. Not enough to keep me from staying there any time I'm in OKC, just odd.

Room Tip: Ask for a Rotunda Suite. By far the best rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear travelingcoroner, We always appreciate the reviews of Senior Contributors during their travels. Thank you for providing this great review and its details. It has been shared with our Team. Your recommendation means a lot as well as the recognition of our staff, in particular our Valet Team. We hope to see you soon once again. Best wishes for continued safe travels.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We had an issue with our reservations and drove in from out of town. As we waited in the lobby to get things squared away, Justin gave us a complimentary coupon to enjoy an appetizer while we waited. Talk about going above and beyond!! He even upgraded us!! Impressive!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Cathy A,
Thank you so very much for your First Class review. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent experience at the Skirvin. Your comments, endorsement and recognition of Justin are highly appreciated. I trust we will see you soon for another return visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This was a very special day for me and my wife, when we arrived at the Skirvin@ 2:30 pm 25 January 2014 the event was to start @ 3:00 pm, my wife was not able to have a room to get dressed in before the event, @ 2:40pm Abby Volkman told my wife the room was not available yet, but infact I had already checked in the room but because we were not seeing each other she was not aware I had already checked in the room. She had to get dressed in the public bathroom and pack her things around Abby was wanting to start the event but my wife refused to do so until she had someplace to put her things,and then all of a sudden the room was ready and that was not appreciated by my wife because of Abby's attitude. The rest of the event was amazing the servers Alvin and his crew were excellent and Terry the Wedding Caption went above and beyond they really made our day Fabulous,they put a lot of Care into taking care of our every need, even the Bellmen (Chris) was very attentive to our needs, we enjoyed our @ The Skirvin Hilton and just want to Thank you all for giving us some unforgettable memories the we will cherish, for a life time. Arthur & Dionne Crawford

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Arthur C – Congratulations on your recent nuptials! I am honored that you selected the Skirvin to host this special moment. I apologize for the rough start but it sounds like your fabulous day ended well. I appreciate the recognition of our amazing staff and have shared your accolades with Alvin, Chris and Terry. Congratulations and best wishes on many years of happiness.
Sincerely
Ringwood, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have been coming to this hotel for several years. Great location close to the Civic Center and the Chesepeake Arena. We enjoy the Red Piano Bar. We always meet new people and everyone is friendly. We usually will use the Limo that is offered there on weekends because you have to pay for parking everywhere in Bricktown. Parking in Bricktown is crazy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Barbara D – Thank you kindly for your comments and review. We are glad you love the Skirvin Hilton, the location and our great Red Piano Lounge. We hope to see you the next time you are in OKC.

Warmest regards,
Brett Sundstrom I General Manager
Dalhart, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is an Extremely lovely downtown hotel. The room is Beautiful. The amenities in the bathroom were really nice. The service from valet to check in to check out was Excellent. I Did hear my next-door neighbor though - both talking as well as their 5:30 alarm clock The food was very good in both the restaurant as well as room service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear vckmoore – Thank you so very much for your objective opinion and taking the time to review our "Super" hotel. We appreciate your comments and have shared them with our entire Team. They were thrilled with some of the recognition.
Warmest regards,