“Lovely old fashioned hotel”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #8 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely old fashioned hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the Skirvin. We are from Boston which has a lot of old elegant hotels and we thought the Skirvin fit right in with the elegant Boston hotels. The lobby is beautiful with very tall ceilings, dark wood columns and beautiful floor to ceiling red drapes - ceiling had to be 75 feet high. The guest rooms themselves were elegant and clean. Bathroom was very nice and the bed quite comfortable. We also had dinner in the main dining room and had an excellent meal. We especially liked the soup and grilled romaine salad. My filet was melt in your mouth good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Jim B – The Skirvin Hilton, she is a Grand Dame indeed with an incredible 102 year history in the center of it all in OKC. Thank you for your patronage and recognition. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. Your great feedback is awesome and has been shared with our Team.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom|General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Bethany, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have stayed at the Skirvin Hotel several times now, and it seems like we enjoy each stay more than the last. Luxurious everything! The food was great and the service even better! A stay at this hotel is a MUST for everyone!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Carl P - thank you for your high praise as well as your endorsement. I was excited to read that your hotel stays get better with each visit and that everything is luxurious. I have shared your accolades with my team. I hope to see you soon.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for new years eve and I have to say it great walking distance to bars and restaurants , its immaculate clean ,The bedding is plush and comfy, the staff is very friendly and helpful it has a cozy piano bar located next to the loby if you are visiting okc or just want a fun night out this is definitely the hotel

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 7000TrishaB – Happy Ney Years! Thank you for ringing in the new year with the Skirvin. I was pleased to read that the hotel was immaculate and the staff friendly. You are right the Skirvin Hilton is literally on the doorstep of Downtown OKC's most vibrant districts and attractions, including Chesapeake Energy Arena, Bricktown, Automobile Alley, the Business District, the Arts District, Midtown and Deep Deuce. I look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have stayed here before and remember it fondly, even though there was some construction. This stay is one of our most memorable, bet stays ever at a hotel, and we stay about 50 nights per year in hotels/motels. While part of it was we were upgraded, the staff is absolutely wonderful, including the restaurant staff. The staff really cares and I cannot recommend this enough if you are in OKC and it fits your location requirements. (It is a downtown hotel, but the parking is easy if you don't use valet parking).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. I was pleased to read that the Skirvin was your best hotel stay ever and that the staff provided you with exceptional service. Coming from such an experienced traveler, these are high praises. I have shared your accolades with my team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Oklahoma City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our stay at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel in OKC was a wonderful experience. A beautiful hotel with excellent food and friendly staff. The live music was soothing, it was the perfect 2 day vacation for us.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Tammie Z – I am honored that you selected the Skirvin to spend your Christmas with us. I have shared your praises with my team. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to your return visit.

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was my second time to Oklahoma City and my second time to the Skirvin Hilton. This is a wonderful hotel with a unique look. The doormen were very helpful on arrival as was the front desk staff. Check-inn was rapid and the room was spacious and well equipped. The hotel has a nice fitness facility, but why do they heat these places where people are supposed to work out? The big issue for me was the restaurant in the lobby. With snow out I decided to eat in, got dressed and went downstairs. There were empty tables in the restaurant, but no one to seat me. After 5 minutes I asked a waitress who told me that someone would be with me momentarily, that didn't happen and after another five minutes I went upstairs and ordered room service. This is a nice business model for the hotel since the very same meal now cost me 20-25% more than it would have in the restaurant. This may work for the hotel, but it doesn't work for me. So although I like the accommodations, I'll look for another hotel next time--the on-site restaurant is part of my criteria for busy business trips.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GMSkirvin, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Dan G – I want to apologize for the poor service you received at the restaurant. I assure you this is not the level of service or product that we provide at the Skirvin Hilton. Our overall high guest satisfaction scores and feedback underscores such efforts. Please contact me directly the next time your travels bring you to OKC I would like you to experience the Park Avenue Grill for dinner.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom | General Manager | bretts@marcuscorp.com
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The hotel is simply amazing, as soon as you walk into the lobby you feel the warmth. The room was spacious and the staff catered to you every need. The hotel is in the perfect location within the city, close to whatever you need. I will make sure to return on my next trip to OKC.
Thanks again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear James L – I am glad that the Skirvin feels like your home away from home. I agree that our location is literally on the doorstep of Downtown OKC's most vibrant districts and attractions, including Chesapeake Energy Arena, Bricktown, Automobile Alley, the Business District, the Arts District, Midtown and Deep Deuce. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kindest Regards – Brett Sundstrom | General Manager