“Needs major improvement.”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel is old and dingy. Tile floor in the dining room is broken and dirty. Damon in the dining room at breakfast had very little help, the hostess would walk off and talk to other staff while people waited in line. Barstools with broken legs in the bar. The carpet in the rooms was dirty and gross. The water pressure was pathetic and virtually nonexistent.
Overall a very disappointing stay for the price. But hey, the elevators are really fast.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M W
MDGGRS, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear M W –
I sincerely thank you for your feedback and want to apologize for the poor hotel experience we provided you. The tile floor in the dining room while it was refurbished within the last eight years is one of the original features to our 102 year old historic icon. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you directly to provide me with some additional details. This would allow me to develop the appropriate corrective action. I will share your feedback with our team in the meantime. I look forward hearing from you.

Brett Sundstrom | General Manager| 405-702-8501

Write a ReviewReviews (1,638)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Recently stayed at this hilton for the weekend. Check in was simple and quick. We paid extra for a higher level to see bricktown and the city. Our view was chase bank. We ventured out to brick town and what we paid for valet parking at the hotel and what they charge to park in brick town the hotel should be offering a free shuttle to brick town. The room we stayed in was ok. The carpet was stained and has "wrinkles". The bed was pretty soft. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and the floors were disgusting. Hardly any help in the restaurant. Had a hostess and one server! Had more valet workers! Had drinks in the bar. Nice but a little pricey. The chair I was sitting on at the bar actually had a broken leg. I feel over all that this hotel is starting to show its age and needs to be freshened up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear The Dixie –
I sincerely thank you for your feedback and want to apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at the Skirvin. I assure you this is not the level of service or product that we provide at the Skirvin Hilton. Our overall high guest satisfaction scores and feedback underscores such efforts. The tile floor in the dining room while it was refurbished within the last eight years is one of the original features to our 102 year old historic icon. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail. I will share your feedback with our team in the meantime. I look forward hearing from you. Brett Sundstrom | General Manager| 405-702-8501

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

This is an iconic hotel.. one of the oldest hotels in okc. Love the ambiance of this place. My husband and I stayed here for a fam reunion. Buffet dinner was good. Pros you will see Thunder players here. They're everywhere!. Cons no free wifi here.they are charging about 12 dollars/night. Restaurants in thw hotel serve good food but so expensive though. 100 dollar tab for dinner. Valet is about 26 dollars overnight which is quite expensive considering it is OKc. LA is about the same... overall it is a good hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
MDGGRS, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Icyvegas – thank you for your feedback. You are correct in that we charge $26.00 for 24 hour overnight Valet parking. This is an unfortunate by-product, like in many other big Cities around the country, as we do not own the downtown garages. The fees involved are the equivalent of all other hotels in the area and by all means not a premium compared to our colleagues.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Winter storm Boreas caught up with us in Oklahoma City and so we decided to check out the historical Skirvin Hilton Hotel. Built in 1911 it is a very charming historical landmark with beautiful rooms and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. We enjoyed our stay so much we stopped on the way back as well. Reasonably priced for downtown OC and excellent food in the dining room. The Red Piano Bar was a great place to have a night cap. Well done Skirvin, we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wendy701 – I am glad that you escaped the winter storm and were able to experience the historic Skirvin Hilton not once but twice during your travels. I have shared your comments with my team. We hope to see you soon but next time leave the cold weather behind in Canada :)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

One of the nicest Hilton's. A treasured relic of downtown OKC remodeled to with exquisite detail. Lobby is astounding. Public areas are beautiful. Rooms are a couple steps above the average hotel. A real gem.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MDGGRS, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Ted B - I truly value your opinion and appreciate your kind review. Today’s Skirvin Hilton is a combination of historic beauty and modern luxury. I am glad you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Skirvin lives up to the high quality standard set by the Hilton hotel brand. It takes you back to a time when staying at a hotel was considered something only the wealthy could do. From arrival to departure you will get your moneys worth at this establishment. My only compliant is the food in the restaurant for the dinner service could be better and live up to the upscale environment the hotel sets. Breakfast is excellent and the lunch menu is very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Larry B – I truly value your opinion and appreciate your candid feedback. Today’s Skirvin Hilton is a combination of historic beauty and modern luxury. I am glad you enjoyed the overall experience and have shared your feedback with my leadership team in an effort to enhance our dinner service operating procedures as well as our training programs.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife for her birthday. The lobby and public areas are probably the most classy in town. And was great to have the included breakfast buffet in the restaurant (we booked some kind of special).

We got a regular room (they said it would be a suite, sort of said I guess. We had a miscommunication). And it was pretty plain. Not dirty or anything, just plain. Good for sleeping in.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear JodoKastlw - I am honored that you selected the Hilton Skirvin to celebrate your wife’s birthday. I want to apologize for the confusion surrounding your accommodations. Thank you for your feedback.