“Wonderful Hotel for family!”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #8 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
austin,tx
“Wonderful Hotel for family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

We were in town for a family wedding. Our stay was wonderful at this downtown beautifully restored hotel. The bell hops, front desk staff, restaurant staff, all staff were just great!
We had two small children with us. They enjoy the pool and rides in the elevators.
Our room was very comfortable, quiet and beautifully decorated.
The breakfast buffet was fabulous! The hotel had so much charm, history, character, style, and great service. We would definitely return.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Parking garage was separate from the hotel, but don't mind the walk.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank sljAustin_tx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

The service at the Skirvin is top notch. We felt comfortable from the moment we walked in. We arrived early in the morning and were pleasantly surprised to find a room ready and waiting for us. This proved to be a great convenience because it gave us the opportunity to drop off our luggage and begin a day of sight-seeing. When we returned to the hotel latter in the afternoon, hot and tired, we asked a member off staff where the pool was located, and he graciously showed us the way. The pool was very clean and beautiful. Our room was the same. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, The Park Ave. Grill, and our waiter was extremely professional and friendly. The food was excellent.

• Liked — Courteous staff, Cleanliness, Refined decor
  • Disliked — Loud piano in lounge
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasMercuryman
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

Both my fiancee and I work in the hotel industry and this was wonderful. So close to Bricktown, you can walk (in HEELS) and the views are great. Our suite was a dream, and the whole team of employees were wonderful. Whenever we go back to OKC, this is where we are going to stay. We may even have our wedding there!!

• Liked — The beauty of the whole place!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank abrad1978
Dallas TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

During my stay I lost my cell phone. after I had given up and thought someone had stole it I didn't even report it to the hotel. The Security supervisor went out of his way to track down who the phone belonged to. He managed to return it to me the vary same night with out even knowing I was missing it. He was an upstanding and professional man. Averted tragedy into a pleasant night stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank KnittingNanny
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

What a beautiful old hotel. Wonderful rooms. A strong 4 star. Only negative was the Oklahoma City Police Officer in the lobby giving the employee from the adjacent bar a back rub, and the valets acted like a bunch of kids, not professional. The manager should watch his evening crew. Not a great health club, no steam room etc. But overall very nice.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Wayfarer58
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2008

The service at this hotel was excellent! All service personnel I encountered were extremely friendly and efficient. The food was fabulous at our meeting we had onsite there. What a beautiful hotel in a great location- within walking distance to Bricktown ( lots of restaurants, bars, entertainment) and also in walking distance to the memorial. I was very impressed!

• Liked — The service and the charm of this histroic hotel
  • Disliked — I cant think of anything I didnt like about it...
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank nomad0875
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2008

The décor of the Skirvin Hilton is breathtakingly warm and elegant; this is a beautiful hotel! I simply do not believe I have stayed at a nicer Hilton than this one. The restaurant breakfast was wonderful and so was the service. The valet gentlemen are courteous, speediant, and helpful. I ran into bellman all across the hotel, and they are extremely friendly. Loved the bar too!

As a diamond I received an upgrade to a suite - and it was incredible. The room and bathroom were very large.

Now here’s my complaint: the AC drove me nuts. It only comes on when the sensor picks up movement - i.e., when you’re not there, it’s not on. I know it's green technology but when you come out of the shower or leave your room for a bit, your room is going to be very warm. Not only that - but both nights I woke up in the middle of the night literally sweating like I was in a marathon. Why? Because the sensor didn’t pick up my body and turned the AC off while I was sleeping. Of course I was madder then anything. (I'm a thin man, so it's hard for me to get hot)

I heard of others complaining that their room was too cold! So perhaps this was only because I had a suite. It's unfortunate and hard for me to write a negative review because this really is a gorgeous hotel; but, because I like having a nice cool room and can’t sleep otherwise - this diamond member won’t be coming back. Two nights in a row I barely got any sleep I was so warm. If you like having a nice cold room as I do, then you’ll need to stick to a Hampton or an Embassy. (Which is where I’ll be on my next trip in a few weeks).

Stayed June 2008