“good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. The only thing that bothered me was the size of the pool. It would have been nice to have a large pool in the summer in this very hot city. the lobby was confortable and since we had a child with us, we were unable to sit in the bar, but were able to have drinks in the lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Besides the lobby we have several other great locations away from our Red Piano Lounge to relax when traveling with a child. I believe we have a great pool considering the historic 102 year old lay-out of the property, but I surely understand your comment. We trust we will see you again in the future for a return visit. Thank you.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

2 nights at the Skirvin was a big surprise. A truly wonderful experience. Warm service and quirky touches make this majestic hotel oozing in historic details and design from an impressive pedigree. The renovation is superb and the ambience achieved is grand ambitions. The suites are my pick with a semicircular living room. Any hotel with an artist in residence gets my vote. Exploring the deco details on every floor tile and studying its history makes this my OKC museum hotel. The staff are great.

Room Tip: Suites with a semi circular lounge area facing the square
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear DrDiscerningHotel,
This review from you as a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor all the way from Downunder has been exceptional. I appreciate the endorsement and qualification as being a wonderful experience and a must. I could not ask for anything more and I am extremely grateful. The description you provide is truly awesome. Thank you for doing so and for you staying with us. Our team is delighted with your feedback. Best wishes for continued exceptional experiences and safe travels.
Fussa, Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Skirvin July 12 and 13 while in town for a wedding. The hotel is beautifully decorated and is very clean. The downtown location is perfect. The staff was exceptional - very professional, kind, and helpful. I did have trouble reaching the front desk by phone and also the hotel operator, but luckily the guest services desk would pick up after a number of rings and would try to assist me. My one complaint is that I was trippled charged for Internet access the first night and double charged the second night. I had no idea that each device used to access the Internet is charged separately. This should be prominently posted as you sign on to the Internet. We had two devices, but would only have used one device had we known the $9.95 charge was NOT per room, but rather per device. Please be aware!

Dear Pthreatt,
I am so glad you made your home away from home all the way from Tokyo at our Skirvin, while attending a wedding in OKC. I am thrilled you enjoyed the experience overall and sincerely thank you regarding your feedback related to both the Operator services as well as the confusion related to the Internet charges. Your comments have been addressed inetrnally and shared with our team.I also appreciate the awesome recognition of our exceptional staff, our housekeeping services and the decor & design of the property. Thank you for staying with us.
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came for a few days and loved it here. Staff was great, room was great, nice bar with music.
If you like historic properties this is for you. Close to all OKC hotspots. The valet guys are great and give great advice for restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and a corner or rotunda room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your Skirvin experience during the days you visited with us. I am grateful for the recognition of our staff in the various departments, the hotel, our Red Piano Lounge and the location in the center of it all.
Your feedback is important to us and I have shared it with our entire team.
Do come back for a return visit soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

What a classic stylish and lavish hotel. Stayed here only one night but wish I could've stayed a week. Love the décor! Feels plush and stately.

Rooms are clean, quiet and very comfortable and have plenty to offer. Located in downtown OKC this hotel is convenient for business, entertainment etc.

The non-valet parking is a bit squirrely though as 1) you pay $10 a night to park in a nearby garage (all but right next door) and you have to leave the hotel to go to the garage. Not only that but watch the exit signs in the garage, they can mislead you. The "card exit" does not mean for credit card payment. Means those monthly lessees who have a membership card to the garage. Once you get to this automatic gate, there's no way to get out without such a card. So I had to back up and go back up the ramp THE WRONG WAY to get to where I could go to another exit. Wasn't real comfortable with that as that could've led to a bad accident inside the garage.

But other than that, this hotel offered a great stay and like I said, I wish I could've lounged round there for a whole week.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Der hatlad,
With so many reviews under your belt, I appreciate your review tremendously. I can't thank you enough. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Skirvin experience, the decor, our great staff and the location in-the-center-of-it-all for both business & entertainment. I will pass on your precise comments regarding the adjacent parking garage to the owners. We hope to see you soon for an extended stay.
Denton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I lived in and around OKC for 9 years and never got to stay at the Skirvin when it was open. This 2-night visit was everything I had imagined from the ornate lobby to the courteous service of all hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Daniel P,
I am so glad you took the opportunity after so many years to come and stay with us. I am delighted to hear that we lived up to the expectations and what you imagined it would be like. We are very proud of our awesome building and our amazing staff. I appreciate the acknowledgement. Hope to see you soon for a return vist.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

this is an extemely old and classy hotel (1912) that was once the jewel of the "Oil Town" and was almost demolished in the early nineties until hilton rebuilt it.. You can't get a better building than the old character with the new amenities... I absolutely love this hotel..

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear James C,
I love that you love our Hotel. Mission accomplished! Thank you so very much for your review and for staying with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed the experience and ambiance of our 102 year old gem. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.