“Great staff!”

Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great staff!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I left my iPad cord in my room after I checked out and the Chief Engineer and the housecleaning staff tracked it down like it was lost cash and found it. That was typical of all the hotel staff. The room was great. I did not eat at the hotel because of all the close by restaurants but I did not here anyone impressed with the restaurant. I'm staying here again though.

• Stayed May 2013
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Geoffrey S,
Your recognition of our staff and in particular our Chief Engineer and housekeeping staff means a lot. We can't thank you enough. I am glad we were able to assist with your lost & found opportunity. Thank you for staying with us and please join us during your next visit in the Park Avenue Grill as well.
Martin vander Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Skirvin is a classic, having a bar with woodwork that will make you yearn for the good old days, and spacious rooms that are updated and very nice. The restaurant and lobby are also really stylish, and my experiences with the staff have been very good. Great location within walking distance of Bricktown, filled with restaurants and night life.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Red1943
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our classic Grand Dame in-the-center-of-it-all in OKC and Downtown. As you pointed out the extremely convenient location close to many attrractions, business section and the entertainment district of Bricktown makes it a unique location. Thank you for recognizing our staff, the great rooms, our amazing Lobby and terrific Red Piano Lounge and Park Avenue Grill. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. It means a lot.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Skirvin took great care of my Senior Adult Group from FBC Lafayette, LA. We had 20 rooms for four nights and enjoyed a couple of dinners at the Park Avenue Grill. A wonderful breakfast with excellent plated service in the Founders Room on the 14th Floor was a fabulous way to begin every morning. The entire place is beautifully restored, wonderfully furnished and very relaxing. Great ambiance and the staff was very attentive. Krystal Burt, my event manager, and her team did a great job and we had a great week in OKC because of it. The Skirvin's location could not be better. It's walking distance to much downtown and about 15-20 minutes from everything else in the city. As a frequent group travel planner, my highest recommendation!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and views vary. Higher is better for a view, as some lower views are obscured...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Scott M.
It was fantastic to have your group at the Hotel recently and my Team is thrilled that you had a first class experience. Thank you for recognizing our meeting services, Park Avenue Grill, food quality and Krystal Burt in particular. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and decription of the property. Thank you for your awesome recommendations!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Arthritis Foundation, Oklahoma held a dinner to honor Gov. Bill Annaotubby. The catering staff was excellence. Brenda, Barbara, Terri, Vernetta, Alvin and Jihgwen did a great job, we have two events at the hotel each year and are completely satisfied. We will continue to use the venue

Dear Lynette B,
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your Arthritis Foundation event honoring the Governor.I sincerely appreciate your business and continued loyalty as well as the recognition of our wonderfull Banquet Staff. See you soon for your next event.
Martin van der Laan I Generasl Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice historic hotel right downtown Oklahoma City. Stayed one night. Room was very nice, bed was soft in a good way. Bricktown was only a couple of blocks away and it is a must to see. Lots of good food there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Terry W,
I appreciate your feedback and am glad you enjoyed our historic & charming property in-the-center-of-it-all close to leisurely Bricktown and the business district downtown.
Hope to see you soon for a return a return visit. Thank you for your brief review.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We hold our function every year on May 1 at the Skirvin Hilton. This luncheon for 400 people is always wonderful. This year the hotel staff went out of their way to help us set up by putting down programs and setting up table signs. Terrie is always great at making sure her staff is on top of things and that's why we continue to come back. The food also gave rave reviews this year from the lawyers and judges who attend this event.

Dear Debra G,
It was great to be once again the host of your event, which we love to do. I am especially thrilled with your continued support & business and the recognition provided related to our food quality, service and terrific banquet team. We hope to see you soon for another great event.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Proximity to Bricktown restaurants and entertainment is great (10 min walk max). However, due to popularity of facility with conventions/NBA, you may find yourself in handicapped room, or 2 Queens vs King on weeks they are fully booked. Don't count on a King. Room Service - if you want flexibility in the sides (substitutions) you may need to go downstairs and chat with the manager. We thought we arranged one rate plan with manager for multiple weeks stay, but front desk says that isn't the plan they are showing so there's been some hassle/confusion. Make sure you double check your negotiated rate plan is correct on Day One. Access to self park is a bit of hassle. Make sure you park by elevator on south side to get down to plaza in front of hotel. Beware early morning train and garbage truck noise on plaza side of hotel. Breakfast buffet is nicely laid out and dining room staff very nice. Haven't tried spa yet. Facilities are very nice looking. As a note, I stayed for several weeks in 2009 at this same hotel.

Room Tip: Beware early morning train and garbage truck noise on plaza entrance side of hotel.
Dear Travelrocks123,
Thank you for your review. I value the feedback provided and want to apologize for the desired need to discuss your In Room Dining experience downstairs with a Manager. I am not sure why there was any confusion regarding your rate, but please feel free to contact me direct or your sales manager who made your arrangements. Obviously we always honor our commitments. In order to avoid any self park opportunities in our very busy & successful downtown area we offer an extremely well run valet parking service. Once again, I appreciate your comments as well as your recent return visit.