“Hostess Christel- my hero”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #5 of 155 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Hostess Christel really helped my out. She is the nicest, friendliest, most helpful hostess I ever met. I really appreciate her extraordinary help, she is doing a great job! She helps you out with whatever you need, she makes every wish come true!
Forever thankful, Fanny.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

The recognition you provided Crystel is extraordinary. She will be thrilled to find out. Thank you so very much for doing so. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and the interactions with one of our many great team members. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Skirvin is my hotel of choice in downtown Oklahoma City, so I am pleased that it is the hotel that is chosen by my employer when holding conferences and seminars. Every time I stay, whether for business as this trip, or pleasure, I receive great service that goes above and beyond. This time, I woke with a sinus issue that resulted in a sore throat. When I purchased some cold medicine from the self-serve convenience area, Brittany at the front desk inquired about my condition. When I asked for extra hot tea, she prepared a lovely plate with a variety of teas for sleep that evening, to soothe my throat, and for energy the next morning, along with containers of honey, spoons, and stir sticks. What a sweet gesture, and what a comfort. Everyone else was wonderful as well, from the bell stand to the Red Piano. Thanks for your consistently attentive service!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Magpie,
Thank you so much for your recognition of our teams in the Red Piano Lounge, Bellstand and Front Desk & in particular Brittany. I am glad she was able to assist in making you feel better. Providing a memorable experience is always our primary and I am thrilled that we accomplished this. Thank you for your feedback & patronage and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Clemeyia, who was our banquet captain today, was just delightful. She anticipated all our needs and was more help than we could have asked. Our experience was second to none. We will definitely be back. I'd recommend their banquet spaces for any function you have.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for recognizing our outstanding Banquet Department and Clemeyia in particular. I am so glad you enjoyed the experience again and for you return visits. We sincere appreciate your feedback, recommendation and continued patronage.
Kindest regards I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Front desk staff, Emily in particular, was extremely helpful upon check in and check out. The valet staff were professional and quick. I forgot our server's name at the Red Piano Bar, but she put up with a group of us that kept moving around because our party was split up - and was a champ about it. Room service was faster than promised, and the food was even better because it was piping hot when it got to our room. One complaint was that the housekeeping staff was not updated that we were staying an extra night (through a separate reservation) and kept trying to come in and clean despite the "do not disturb" sign. One even came in, luckily I was decent!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Shae K.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your overall experience at the Skirvin and appreciated her beauty, our staff, food quality and services. Thank you for mentioning so many of them. I am sorry that Housekeeping entered your room under the circumstances they did and it has been used as a teachable moment. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Kindest regards I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Positive: staff, atmosphere, classical decor, location, the gym, the Internet speed
Negatives: the train sounds through the night. The shower not powerful enough. ( minor niggles)
Overall: definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Chapter41,
Thank you for taking the time to review us.I appreciate the recognition of our staff and facilities, but am sorry that you heard the train sounds during the night and had the shower opportunity. Thank you for your feedback, it was most helpful.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just hosted a group of college friends at the Skirvin; and I couldn't be happier with the experience. From checkin with Rachel to the dining room food & staff ( Teresa, Damon, Barbara, Christal, Taylor & Ashley) to the Bellmen, the Valets, and the wait staff at the Red Piano Bar, everyone was friendly, helpful, accommodating, and efficient with a smile on their face.
The rooms were great; & we loved exploring several floors to see the historic photographs. (One friend even found herself in a photo of the SunSuite Club beauties.).
As a resident of OKC, it was wonderful to see the activity in the lobby, the lobby bar, & the dining room. Downtown OKC is back! And the Skirvin Hilton is a centerpiece to be proud of!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Bette826,
Wow, your review is extraordinary. You have just made me even prouder of our Team than I already was. Your group was so much fun to have at the Skirvin. It was so very obvious that you were all thrilled to see each other once again. Great event with great memories. Thank you for letting us play a small part in your special event. I am thrilled that you and your group enjoyed the experience and that we made you proud of both the Skirvin & OKC. Thank you so very much!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The conference was a great success thanks to the help from the staff at the Skirvin. James Homer was so helpful with assisting me with my display. I could not have done it with out him!!

Once again, Thank You Homer!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Joann S.
Thank you for recognizing our wonderful staff. I am thrilled that your conference was a great success. I highly appreciate your feedback.