“My Favorite Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“My Favorite Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stay at the Skirvin frequently and always enjoy. This trip was particularly enjoyable and I received awesome service from Stephen with room service. I ordered breakfast in room dining for both mornings of my stay. Stephen is the ultimate professional, attentive and accommodating. He has a personality that is warm and caring. I travel a lot and stay in many hotels and I must say that it is wonderful to encounter the service that Stephen provided. He is truly an asset to the Skirvin.

Room Tip: This is a great property with a tremendous amount of ambience. In my opinion, this is the best hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken B
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Ken B.
I truly appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to recognize & recommend the Skirvin and Stephen in In Room Dining in particular. We always strive for unique & superior service and experiences. So, thank you for the accolades and calling us "the best".We look forward to you return visits, see you soon.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have a lovely stay at the Skirvin while attending a concert near buy. It's very clean, and well appointed, but the smell in the lobby almost knocks you over. They used a very heavy hand with the room spray in our room as well. I ended up with a headache for most of our stay. Other than that it was lovely.

Room Tip: The elevator is noisy so ask for a room away from it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sntbat
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for the great review and your tip is highly appreciated. It will be shared with the appropriate department. Glad you enjoyed the experience and the concert close by.
We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Beautiful hotel. The ambiance and decore of the loby was incredible. Very classy hotel. They don't build hotels like this anymore. Great location in Oklahoma City. Walking distance to River Walk and many restaurants. Also walking distance to shopping. Rooms could have been a little cleaner, but overall it was a unique and memorable experience. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HappyPeople51560,
I am thrilled we delivered on our promise to create a unique experience and I am highly appreciative of your comments. We can't wait for you to come back and enjoy the rest of the excitement & entertainment close by. As you already know we are right in the middle of it.
Thank you for taking the time to review us and see you soon!
Wahiawa, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

very old it is not up to the Hilton Brand. A lot of mold in areas of the room and rudeness very dark lobby not worh the money. the walls are thin i could hear every sound in the hall. There was nothing in the area near the hotel. I will stay somewhere else next time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mstorichick
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Mstorichick,
I sincerely thank you for your feedback and am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our Skirvin, one of the highest rated Hiltons within Hilton of the Americas. I am also sorry that the design and upgrades to our 102 year old historic icon could not satisfy your personal taste. We would love to have you return as our guest since we truly believe that our Staff & services can satisfy you AND that the property & our location is "in the center of it all" in the Downtown Oklahoma City area, within 3 blocks of major businesses, the Civic Center, the Thunder arena, the Convention Center, the National Memorial and the Bricktown entertainment district to name a few. We would appreciate your consideration.
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My stay at the Skirvin Hilton was for a week long training seminar. The building iself is a really interesting historic hotel with lots of character. The rooms are clean and comfortable. My bed was extremely comfortable, too. Even the toiletries provided were of the highest quality. My room came with a breakfast voucher for each morning of my stay and the breakfast buffet was among the best and most diverse I've ever encountered. The conference.training room we used was spacious and comfortable, but the seats were not. They also provided click pens, which I'd recommend against, since people sit there and click them without thinking all day.
Perhaps best of all, is the proximity to tons of eateries, bars, a brewery and other entertainment. Aside from plenty of food choices in the immediate area, a short walk will place you in Bricktown, where you'll have your choice of tons of restaurants, bars, a movie theatre and a brewery. Great area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jackedlobster
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear jackedlobster,
Thank you for your awesome review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience in-the-center-of-it-all in OKC at our iconic Skirvin. We appreciate your detailed description of your stay and hope you wil return for a future visit. Your feedback will be shared with our entire Team.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel reminds me of the W in San Diego. Redone to enhance it's original style, the lobby an elevator doors are old school glamor without being overdone. Nicely furnished rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Certainly a little more expensive than surrounding Hiltons, but you are right in the center of town. The only con is the mandatory valet for $23 per day and the hotel automatically adds a $2 tip charge on top of it. A bit exorbitant feel, but other than that it's a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank J-PoTraveler
Dear J-Po Traveler,
Thank you for your lovely review. We thank you for your feedback & patronage and are glad you enjoyed the experience and design. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The service by the wait staff for this event was superb. Thank you, Brenda and the rest of the crew! I also appreciated the kindness of the front desk employee in providing directions.

The signage clearly told where the event would take place.

As far as aesthetics, I loved the antique feel of the lobby and the elevators. It was clearly high-class, but it didn't appear gaudy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank See-yellow
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear see-yellow,
Your review is highly appreciated as well as the recognition of Brenda and the rest of the staff. I am thrilled you enjoyed the experience and hope to see you soon for a return visit. Thank you for your patronage.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skrvinhilton.com