“Best Service Ever!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Garland, Texas
“Best Service Ever!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

First let me say that the staff should be conducting training courses to hotel staffs around the country! It is very rare, and so refreshing when you do, that you recieve service of this caliber in a hotel anymore. They were genuinely friendly and attentive to guests needs.

Next, I must say that I love the hotel itself, it's historic beauty and charm are not to be matched by any modern hotel I have stayed in. And yet despite the hotels great age which is very evident in the marvelous architecture and decore, it has been kept up wonderfully. The rooms were immaculate. It was a beautiful room with a comfortable bed.

I had to be in Oklahoma City with my wife for some personal business for a couple of days at Christmas time and it was fun, especially staying at the Skirvin. If I am ever back in OKC I will definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A_Shane_C
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Preacher_Shane,
We are thrilled about your comments regarding our amazing staff. We love that you love our hotel. Thank you so very much for your review and recognition. We sincerely appreciate it as well as your patronage.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Satanta, Kansas
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Skirvin was the location of my recent wedding ceremony and reception as well as host to guests from out of town. The events staff at The Skirvin, specifically Abbey, was outstanding! The wedding and ceremony were as worry free as possible and beautiful thanks to the hotel furnishings. The suite that my husband and I stayed in was luxurious and well appointed. Our guests also commented on the niceness of their rooms. The Bell Staff was accomodating and the maid service staff was as friendly and helpful.
I would recommend The Skirvin to anyone wanting a weekend in the city or a wedding to remember!

Dear Paula B.
Once again a sincre congratulations regarding your recent nuptials. I am thrilled you decided to celebrate your special day at the Skirvin. I thank you for allowing us to play a small part. We couldn't be more happy with your comments and feedback. Your endorsement means a lot to us.
Your review will be shared with our entire Team and in particular with Abbey. She is awesome and will be excited about your recognition.
Clinton, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Skirvin is truly mine and my husband's all time favorite hotel!! We call it "our home away from home"! We have been staying there ever since it reopened in 2007! Everybody there is so nice, friendly, and treats us just like family!!! We won't stay anywhere else in the Oklahoma City area! It is so so beautiful and the customer service is absolutely amazing! We know that anytime we stay there, our needs will be met! I would like to commend Charles at the front desk! He is "The Man"!! He always takes care of us, no matter how busy he is! He goes above and beyond the call of duty to see that we have everything we need and are well taken care of!!! He always makes us feel so special and very important which is a great feeling! We appreciate him so much! He definitely takes care of his people!!!! Thank you Charles and all the other great employees for making our stays there so much fun! We will be back soon! :-)

1 Thank Nettie P
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Nettie P.
We are thrilled you consider the Skirvin your home away from home. I thank you for your extraordinary loyalty and this terrific review. It means the world to us and I am glad you continue to enjoy the Skirvin Hilton experience. I have shared your great endorsement with our Team and especially with Charles. We look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 28, 2013

As often seen in older(remodeled hotels) the walls are paper thin and hall way doors slam shut. I have visited the location several times and each time vow to never return due to the noise coming from the hallways and adjoining rooms!!! Do not visit if you require sleep!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank January2013Visitor
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I sincerely appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience related to noise. Thank you for taking the time to advise us. Although we receive minimal related feedback, the hotel has a thorough low-tolerance policy related to noise complaints created by other guests. In addition, we have constant preventative maintenance efforts in place to ensure that guest room doors close properly for security reasons without creating additonal noise nuisances. I assure you that every effort is made to ensure a comfortable surrounding at all times. Our overall high guest satisfaction scores and feedback underscores such efforts. We strive at all times for total success. I am very sorry we did not achieve this in your isolated case.
Derby, Kansas
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is an older building built in 1911 that is beautiful inside and out. The staff is exceptional, the staged decor within the hotel is beautiful and you feel like you have been transported back in time when you walk in. Whenever I have to go to OKC I check here first.

Room Tip: The higher the hotel room the better at this hotel. The elevators are small but the wait is worth i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear EricandLeiza,
Thank you for your second return visit and terrific review. I am thrilled you enjoyed the experience once again and sincerely appreciate your great endorsement of our fantastic Team.
We hope to see you soon.
n/a
Reviewed January 27, 2013

More than a hotel, to us the Skirvin is an experience. The accommodations and customer service are above and beyond. We stayed on our 33rd wedding anniversary on Jan 25. The front desk and Park Avenue Grill people are genuinely friendly and Archie at the Grill makes the best omelet known to man! The Skirvin, we love this place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear John M.,
We love that you & your bride loved the Skirvin experience. Thank you for letting us play a very small part in your anniversary celebration. Congratulations once again. I appreciate the recognition and endorsement, especially your comments regarding Archie in the Park Avenue Grill.
We hope to see you soon for a return visit.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@ skirvinhilton.com
Edgewater, Colorado
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was very impressed with everything about this hotel. The room was larger than I expected for one built so long ago. Bed was great, the furniture was nice, everything just classy. Gym/fitness studio was impressive too. Only thing was room service wasn't available when I needed---I called three different times and no answer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so very kindly having made the time to review our property. I am thrilled you enjoyed the overall experience and thank you for pointing out the one opportunity. I appreciate your patronage and hope we will see you soon for a return visit.