“Beautiful and historic hotel!”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #8 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Noble, Oklahoma
“Beautiful and historic hotel!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I've always wanted stay at the historic Skirvin Hotel, so I booked a weekend getaway for our anniversary. We stayed only one night, and I got an excellent rate on the Hilton website for about $200. The price included valet, upgraded room, and two breakfast buffets. The buffet is not to be missed! (Fresh made omelettes to order.) The hotel itself is lovely with dark wood paneling, tall ceilings, murano chandeliers, and Art Deco decor. Plus it was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We stayed in a king deluxe room. Plenty of space, writing desk, sitting area and a large (clean!) bathroom. The room included a coffee maker, fluffy robes, ironing board and spray starch, too! (I decided not to try the ironing board!) Beautiful decor and a comfortable bed made for a very nice stay. We will return to the Skirvin Hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Faithrunfarm,
Thank you for your terrific reviews both on the Skirvin Hilton page of Trip Advisor as well as the feedback received on the Park Avenue Grill page. We are thrilled we played a small part in your special occasion. Our sincere congratulations once again on your Anniversary. We are glad you enjoyed the experience. We hope to see you soon for a return visit!
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Chose this hotel because it was within walking distance to the venue for the Cirque show that was in town. Nice historic hotel that is well kept and has great staff in the in-house restaurant. The front desk girl at check-in could have been more pleasant. Stayed in a standard King and it was ok. The lobby is spectacular and decorated nicely for Christmas. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Steveday21,
We look forward to a return visit and are thrilled you enjoyed the experience in-the-center-of-it -all in OKC. We love Cirque du Soleil and are glad you made a great combo night on the town out of it with the show, dinner at the Park Avenue Grill and your stay. Thank you & see you soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 22, 2012

A couple of months ago I made reservations for the Skirvin for an overnight in-city get-away for my husband's and my wedding anniversary. At the time of making the reservation online, I was given the opportunity of requesting an upgrade if possible. I checked the box but thought, given the time of the year, my chances for the upgrade would be non-existent. Upon checking in, the desk clerk informed us that we were getting a suite upgrade! I smiled and thanked him, mumbling something about the stay being an overnight treat for us.

To our great surprise, when we returned to our elegant suite after dinner, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a chilled bottle of sparkling wine awaited us, along with a note congratulating us on our anniversary!

The elegance of this refurbished Art Deco treasure in downtown Oklahoma City was a treat unto itself, with its magnificent lobby that included a two-story tall Christmas tree, the largest gingerbread house I've ever seen as well as a gingerbread train.

Our suite was large and comfortable, decorated in a simple Art Deco style with five floor to ceiling windows that filled a curved wall in the living area overlooking the city. A nice touch were separate thermostats in the living and sleeping areas. I especially loved the walk-in shower.

The only negative thing I would have to say is that the only mirror was in the bathroom -- a mirror in the bedroom for dressing would have been nice, too.

Oh -- and we didn't have any encounters with the ghost(s) that are supposed to haunt the hotel. But maybe this was a good thing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clem41
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Clem41,
We are thilled we played a small part in your anniversary get-away and are glad a room upgrade was available for the special occasion. Thank you for your review, as well as the feedback provided on the Trip Advisor page for our Park Avenue Grill. We appreciate the description and endorsement. We hope to see you soon for a return visit. Once again, congratulations!
Dallas, TX
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed 3 days here. It's centrally located. About 20 minutes from the airport. We were able to walk to Brick Town, the Arena, and the Memorial site. There's actually a raised, enclosed bridge(accessed from just outside the hotel) leading to the Conference center and Arena. If you don't want to or can't walk, the hotel has a nice limo available for up to 2 miles. Very clean and very nice, helpful staff. This is a classic hotel with awesome architecture and history. Only draw back was noise...we were woken at about 230 am by someone shouting "room service" for the room across the hall.....bit it happened only once and the rest of the stay was so great it was easy to overlook. Tip...try to get a rotunda room. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Dallas37
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Dallas37,
Thank you for your "Best Choice" recommendation.We appreciate the recognition of our terrific staff and product, in-the-center-of-it-all in Downtown OKC. I totally agree with your tip regarding the Rotunda Suites. They are truly the most unique rooms at our historic hotel. Thank you for your patronage. Best wishes for continued safe travels and Happy Holidays!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My family spent 3 nights during Thanksgiving at this hotel. Upon arrival, we needed a luggage cart but there wasn't one available as all were being used. A bellhop assured us he will get us a cart as soon as one is freed up and he did. Very helpful young man. The room was well organized although a bit small. We requested a refrigerator and it was promptly delivered. We could see the night view of OKC from our room and it was quite nice. On one afternoon, the housekeeper came to clean the room. My mother was in the room at the time. She said it only took the cleaning lady 5 minutes to do the whole room. They are probably very efficient but certainly not thorough - not all the trash on the floor got pickd up, the kleenex box was down to the last piece and there was no replacement, tub wasn't rinsed... just the small details. The hotel has a great location with a short walking distance to the Bricktown. The complimentary coffee in the lobby provided some needed warmth as the temp was in 40s. There were beautiful holiday displays in the lobby - gingerbread house, snowman, train set and a tall Xmas tree. All the staff except for one were courteous. My son was so excited about the holiday dispaly that he got a bit close to the snowman. A tall African American staff rushed over yelling at him "hey, get out of there!". He was so loud that everyone turned their head. My son was startled. I could understand he wanted to make sure no one touches those display but he could have done it without the yelling. This just gave us an unpleasant feeling. Overall, I'd say it was a fine hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank emica2
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Emica2, Thank you for taking the time to review our fine property. We appreciate your feedback and patronage. We are extremely proud of our Housekeeping Team as one of the highest scoring Housekeeping Departments in Hilton, but I agree that in your case we could have been more thorough on the one occasion you described. I thank you as well for your thorough recognition of all our staff. We sincerely appreciate it. Happy Holidays.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Beautiful hotel in Oklahoma City. Very clean and comfortable. Room service (dinner) was ok, expected better.... No fridge or microwave in the room which would have been appreciated. Problems with the TV were addressed quickly. Wonderful breakfast buffet!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review. We are thrilled that overall you enjoyed our beautiful Hotel. I am sorry you were not totally satisfied with your In Room Dining experience. We are in the process of changing the menu at this time. Please be advised that refrigerators and microwaves are available at all times. We look forward to a return visit.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went to the Skirvin after our wedding last year. We decided to go again for our one year anniversary. When we were asked at the front desk what brought us there we told them it was our anniversary. We went up to our room and then downstairs to look around the hotel. The bartender (Moe) was excellent. My husband and I really enjoyed chatting with him. He definitely needs a kudos from his boss...and maybe a raise lol! When we returned to our room we founs champagne and desert waiting on us. Compliments of the hotel since it was our anniversary. Wonderful surprise and wonderful people to deal with. The stay there is great and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Once again best wishes & congrats on your first Anniversary. We are thrilled we played a small role in this special occasion and are glad you had a superb experience once again. Thank you for recognizing our team and in particular Moe in the Red Piano Lounge. We really appreciate it!
Martin van nder Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com