“Skirvin hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Skirvin hotel”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Beautiful hotel in Oklahoma City. Very clean and comfortable. Room service (dinner) was ok, expected better.... No fridge or microwave in the room which would have been appreciated. Problems with the TV were addressed quickly. Wonderful breakfast buffet!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review. We are thrilled that overall you enjoyed our beautiful Hotel. I am sorry you were not totally satisfied with your In Room Dining experience. We are in the process of changing the menu at this time. Please be advised that refrigerators and microwaves are available at all times. We look forward to a return visit.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went to the Skirvin after our wedding last year. We decided to go again for our one year anniversary. When we were asked at the front desk what brought us there we told them it was our anniversary. We went up to our room and then downstairs to look around the hotel. The bartender (Moe) was excellent. My husband and I really enjoyed chatting with him. He definitely needs a kudos from his boss...and maybe a raise lol! When we returned to our room we founs champagne and desert waiting on us. Compliments of the hotel since it was our anniversary. Wonderful surprise and wonderful people to deal with. The stay there is great and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Once again best wishes & congrats on your first Anniversary. We are thrilled we played a small role in this special occasion and are glad you had a superb experience once again. Thank you for recognizing our team and in particular Moe in the Red Piano Lounge. We really appreciate it!
Martin van nder Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We really enjoyed the experience...the food was delicious and we especially appreciated our server Nancy and the captain Jody who was very accommodating and did a special favor for me :-) we really enjoyed the incredible variety of food! Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic Thanksgiving Day review. We thoroughly enjoy this Family experience at the Hotel ourselves and we are thrilled you did as well. Best wishes for a great remainder of the Holiday Season.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here as we were driving Route 66 and wanted somewhere central to see Oklahoma. Staff were excellent right from the valet to reception to the bar man. Cocktails especially the martini's were simply immense! Room was very large with comfortable beds and a lovely marble bathroom. Loved the art deco feel of the hallways and the hotel lobby is a sight to see

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear TravellerHB1979,
We are thrilled you enjoyed staying with us while driving historic Route 66. They actually fit very well together historically. We appreciate the recognition. Continued safe travels.
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

65 of my women friends and I recently stayed the weekend at the Skirvin to celebrate the birthday of one of our friends. We toured the memorial, the Chihully exhibit at the museum, enjoyed the horse races and celebrated the birthday with a huge dinner at the hotel. First, the event coordinators were exceptional - they worked with us on everything we requested. The food was excellent; so good in fact, that I contacted the hotel after we got home to request the dessert recipe for the Chocolate Pots de Creme the chef prepared for our celebration! The guest rooms were wonderfully large - the only drawback was double beds rather than queen beds in the double rooms. The bathroom was also large, clean and very pretty! And while we never heard a thing from our room, the hotel is in a prime location for guests; we rode in the elevator with (really tall) players from a visiting professional basketball team! I highly recommend this lovely hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Good_Deal_Traveler
Thank you so very much for your recommendation. We remember your awesome group and are glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We appreciate your patronage and the terrific feedback received.
Woodward, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Thank you, thank you to front desk staff Vickie and Brian and wonderful bellman Val for a truly enjoyable stay. Vickie and Brian handled a potentially horrible problem with grace, humor, and sensitivity. They were a joy to see at the front desk every shift and without them, this review could easily have been much different.

To Val...what a wonderful, friendly and helpful person you are!! Thank you for your easy smile and true interest in us and in my daughter. Every time I saw you, you went out of your way to offer a kind greeting and to give my 17-month-old some of your time. I actually looked forward to leaving the hotel when you were on duty.

I hope the management realizes and appreciates you all...Vickie, Brian, and Val. You made my conference trip much more pleasant!!

For more kudos, see my review of the Park Avenue Grill and manager Nick!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Magpie1230,
We are most grateful for the recognition of Vickie & Brian at the Front Desk, Val at the Bellstand and Nick & Leeanne in the Park Avenue Grill. Thank you for both your terrific reviews on the TripAdvisor hotel site AND the Park Avenue Grill restaurant site. We sincere appreciate you taking the time to do so and for your awesome reviews and endorsement.
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This property is centrally located within walking distance to major restaurants and area attractions. I recommend that you use valet parking, its simply and easy. The property was very nice and service was great. My room was clean and fresh and the nighy rate was a great value. After a long day I didnt feel like going out to eat so I ordered room service. Once again the service was prompt and the food was terrific. Thanks HILTON.

1 Thank tophatafc
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear tophatafc,
We are indeed in the center of it all in OKC both for business and entertainment. Thank you for recognizing that and the great feedback provided regarding service,your room, location, In-Room dining and our staff. We sincerely appreciate you comments.