“Amazing facility and amazing staff!”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked two nights through Hilton Honors while attending the Oklahoma City Pride Parade as a Grand Marshall. From check-in to departure, the staff was the friendliest that I have EVER encountered in my travels throughout the USA. My companion and I (he is a reporter/photographer for a GLBT magazine based in Dallas) were treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. Fast valet service is unheard of in this day, and there was never more than a five minute wait for my car. We were escorted through the hotel by the security staff and allowed to explore the Presidential Suite and ballroom floors while ghost hunting. Engineering came up to replace a burned out lightbulb and she noticed a crack in the lampshade when we had returned from lunch, there was a bottle of wine with a note apologizing for the inconvenience. No detail went unnoticed. Sunday morning brunch in the Park Avenue Grille was an experience to remember for the rest of my life as well! Chicken & Waffles, bottomless mimosas, and the acoustic guitar player was a riot. We tried stumping him with different songs.... He was able to play Bohemian Rhapsody (and the older people at the table next to us we're faux head-banging and laughing along with us). The kicker was hearing his version of the Addams Family theme song. When I journey back to OKC, I will definitely be back. Thanks for wonderful memories!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear swm111,
We are thrilled you had a memorable stay. We so very much appreciate the recognition of our staff. Your comments have been shared with all associates. I am extremely happy that you not only enjoyed the hotel and staff, but also our new brunch concept as it is unique and refreshing with extremely talented "live" entertainment. I am pleased you will chose the Skirvin for your return visits. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is in a great location! A few blocks from Bricktown. The hotel has a older classy feel to it. The staff members are extremely friendly and helpful. The room I was in was clean and comfortable. I'm a Hilton Diamond member so I was given free internet and breakfast. I really don't see how hotels still charge for internet. I think it was $9.95. The breakfast was pretty good. It had the typical eggs, bacon, sausage, fruits, and various other breakfast items. There is valet parking, but you can self park in the adjoining parking garage for a lot less. I ,however, parked on the street for free after 6:00pm and free on the weekend. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheNick77
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear TheNick77,
Thank you for the recommendation, your patronage and recognition of our hotel product and our great staff. They are awesome. We highly appreciate it and are glad you enjoyed your stay in the center of it all in OKC. See you soon for a return visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was my first stay at the Skirvin HIlton and it was fantastic. The staff was very friendly and the service was fantastic. My room was extremely comfortable, the fitness center was well equipped, and the lounge was a great place to unwind. The proximity to the Brickyard area of Oklahoma City was a nice bonus. Walked there each evening for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear KeepSloanWeird,
Our amazing staff and iconic design are key components of a successful stay at our property. Thank you so very much for recognizing both. A return visit is highly encouraged and appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed both our terrific hotel and OKC. See you soon!
Martin van der Laan I Generral Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Reviewed September 3, 2012

A quick response by maintanence and a very helpful young man named Brian, at the registration desk, made this a short but enjoyable overnight stay. Brian, the nice young man from Santa Fe, NM, checked us in and gave me a map and instructions to get to the Memorial as well as other tips for getting around in OKC. When we got to our room, we noticed the shower handle was broken. We called the front desk and a maintanence man was there within 10 minutes and got things up and running again. I appreciate that the staff know how to take care of their guests and would definite recommend this hotel to others who want classy, competent service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I have passed on your great comments to Brian and our Maintenance Department. They are thrilled with your recognition. We thank you for your recommendations and taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed staying at our amazing property and hope to see you soon for another visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've stayed numerous nights at the Skirvin over the past few months. I must say that I am never disappointed. The rooms are quite comfortable and quiet, the service is impeccable, and the food is great. Some of the highlights include:

- Very comfortable beds
- Historic look/feel with modern amenities
- Wonderful atmosphere at the piano bar and the lobby
- Great buffet at breakfast
- Valet parking
- Spacious gym in the basement
- Available government rate (only $81/night!)

This hotel truly lives up to the Hilton standards and could easily be considered a higher-end property (i.e. Conrad). It's probably the best hotel in OKC, given price, value, and accommodations. Looking forward to many more stays here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sted
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Sted
Thank you so very much for your return visits in recent months. Your patronage & loyalty means a lot to us. We appreciate it, as well as your very generous review with some great highlights of our product and service delivery. We hope to see you soon for your next visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Beautiful historic property. Very comfortable and well maintained. Staff were very helpful too, especially helping me when I forgot my something in my room after I had checked out. Wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We wish you could have enjoyed OKC and our amazing property longer as well. We really appreciate your sentiment wishing to do so and sincerely thank you for recognizing the Skirvin and our staff in your review. We hope to see you soon for a return visit and safe travels in the meantime.
Martin avn der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Valet and front desk staff were supremely helpful upon arrival and suggested a route for my jog as well as offered to fax something back to my office for me, if I had any trouble with the gym or business office on the basement level. The restaurant staff were accommodating to let me place a to-go order very near closing time, went out of their way to send hot bread back to my room with me, and recommended a delicious dessert. A colleague & I returned to the restaurant for a nicer meal the following evening and enjoyed it immensely. On separate occassions, the front desk staff offered to get ice for my water bottles (to jog with!) when there wasn't a dispenser on the first floor, and another offered me a complimentary bottle of water - which was much appreciated during those extremely high-temperature days.
Knowing in advance the hotel had no availability for a room with double beds despite my need for a 2nd bed, they had a cot delivered to the room almost before I got up there with my luggage.

Room Tip: I faced an office building and laughed there were people working as late as I was from the hotel roo...