“Great Honeymoon Choice”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Skirvin Hilton made our honeymoon an amazing and great experience! They sent us complimentary strawberries and champagne to our room and even bumped us up to a suite. They also provided us with two free breakfasts. They provided excellent customer service and helped us with whatever we needed. It was overall a perfect atmosphere for a romantic honeymoon. It was a very clean atmosphere and the rooms were very comfortable to stay in. Also, the room service was amazing!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Aaron M.
Congratulations on your recent nuptials. I am thrilled you chose to stay with us at the historic Hilton. I can't thank you enough for both your reviews, the restaurant review on the Park Avenue Grill Trip Advisor site and this one. We are glad we played a small part during your special time. We are priveledged to have done so. I really appreciate your recognition and have shared your comments with our Team. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and our sincere Best Wishes!
Martin van der Laan I General Manmager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,638)

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was excited to stay at the Skirvin based on some comments from local family, however it was just average and in fact I like the Colcord better.

I can't believe that hotels - especially a chain the size of Hilton still charges for Internet. They tell you that as a Hilton honors members don't have to pay for your Internet but they don't tell you that you have to be at the highest level to get it free. $9.95 a day come in I would rather pay for TV vs Internet. As a business traveler I expect good reliable high speed internet for no additional charge.

The valet is $26 overnight. That also seems excessive but at least I can go park someplace else if I don't want to pay for valet.

The bar closes at midnight which seems early to me.

Oh yeh - one more thing - the breakfast Buffett was $18 and it was not much more than a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Henry V,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review the Hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I am sorry that we did not totally deliver on your expectation. I trust that all services were exceptional as you did not reference them. Our breakfast buffet is in actuality $17 and does include at least 4 hot items and omelets to order combined with all continental items you mentioned. Our award winning Red Piano bar is open at least until midnight and most nights until 2am with LIVE entertainment during Happy Hour and Late Night weekend nights. We would love to see you on a return visit to OKC and we sincerely hope we will have another opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Got a great deal on this property from Priceline. Was extremely pleased with this hotel. Rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. Hotel is located very close to Bricktown, which has a nice array of restaurants and bars. It is also within walking distance of the Murrah Building Memorial, which is a very moving tribute to those lost in the bombing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tim N
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Tim N.
Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy that you were extremely pleased with the Hotel and the location "in the center of it all" in OKC. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a long travel day and we just wanted a nice meal in our room. The gentleman at the front desk recommended a great delivery service because we wanted Mexican food, and a great restaurant. The food arrived hot and tasted great. Everything in the room was in perfect order and we couldn't have been more comfortable. The bed was so comfortable I slept longer than I do at home. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank kevnlittle

Dear kevnlittle,
We appreciate your comments and thank you for the recognition. I am glad our Front Office Team was able to assist with your special request and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Pros: Beautiful lobby and restaurant; generously sized room; tastefully decorated room; better than average in-room coffee fixings; great sound barrier (the bathroom wall effectively muffled a bunch of rowdy guests).

Cons: Service. I don't think they have enough employees, so they are scatterbrained and constantly apologizing for not providing prompt, efficient service. The employees were all friendly, but that's not enough for a hotel that's trying to achieve the international hotel reputation that the Skirvin seems to solicit. Our receptionist kept talking to people on the phone, to the manager, to the housekeeper, to anyone but US as we were checking in. It was a disappointing introduction to the hotel. I just felt that the conversations the receptionist was having were highly unprofessional. Why should a guest have to be a party to a conversation between the receptionist and a housekeeper? Come on.

Similarly, our waitress at the hotel kept telling us things that I don't think we should have known--about how the knives weren't all cleaned. She was so friendly, but she just wasn't trained as to how to address problems without sounding completely unprofessional. Many of the employees were busy with a wedding party, so that explains why she seemed to have been jockeying too many tables.

As for our room, I enjoyed the coffee, the toiletries, and the high-quality hair dryer. The bed was very comfortable. We found the bathroom taps confusing; it took a long time to figure out the shower.

I'm just rating our personal experience with the service during THIS particular visit. I would probably book a hotel room there again, if I were passing through, because I believe that the lapses in the service may have been flukes...but I would not go again to the restaurant, as the food was NOT worth the price at all (my fish and my husband's steak were overcooked).

1  Thank Shawna_Ross

Dear Shawna_Ross,

Thank you very much for taking the time for both your reviews. Your feedback on the restaurant site as well as this one are highly appreciated, as your comments are extremely helpful and have been shared with our Team. I am sorry if we did not live completely up to your expectations. I am grateful that you would consider a return visit as indicated and am positive that your experience will be a more positive one then as this visit fell unusually flat. We look forward serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great location, we stayed in OK for 2 nights. The hotel is steeped in history and they have preserved it very well. Rooms very comfortable and the staff friendly. Parking was in a parking garage next to the hotel if you did not want to valet. $7 for 24 hours versus $26 for valet. Breakfast is on a menu or you could just have the buffet. We had buffet, which was OK - limited choice for such a top hotel, but OK.

Dear achatts,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing our amazing 101 year old Hotel in the center of OKC. We embrace our history with a contemporary flair and we are thilled you enjoyed your stay. Best wishes for continued safe and comfortable travels.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great building – good service – clean room. Just a great hotel in downtown OKC. The building is quite stunning inside and the rooms are well appointed and all clean and fresh. This is definitely the “coolest” of the downtown hotels. Just make sure you watch out for “the ghost!”

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thanks for "the coolest" designation. For a 101 year old hotel it is amazing that we receive this recognition. We appreciate the endorsement and your review. Safe travels and we hope to see you soon.