“Gem of OKC”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised that a city of OKC size offers such an elegant hotel options. The lobby feels very warm, old-timey, and western which I loved that it stayed true to its cities roots. The staff is friendly and welcoming. We stayed in a regular room which is modern and beautifully decorated and very clean. The room felt small and tight but the bathroom was a nice size and my husband and I had no problem getting ready together in there. The beds are comfortable and we slept fine with minimal neighbor noise. The location is really the best part you can walk to the memorial, stadium, bricktown in less than 10 minutes and still stay at an enjoyable hotel.

Room Tip: If you are staying as a couple and plan on spending most of your time in the hotel I would splurge f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear JTraveler44,
After so many contributing reviews we are thrilled with your "Gem of OKC' review regarding our Hotel. We appreciate you recognizing our amazing property & our great City. Best wishes for continued safe travels and we hope to see you see soon again.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,638)

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Much better than average Hilton. Only negative aspect was that front desk did not have my diamond number (not their fault) and even after it was added, check in was onerous - had to ask about upgrade/concierge lounge/free breakfast/Internet. Also no diamond amenity offered - maybe this hotel does not offer them.

Gym was spotless and had good range of equipment. Best feature was ?Jordan in the restaurant who was wonderful.

Stayed: April 2011
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and sincere recognition of Jordan in our Park Avenue Grill restaurant. Thank you for your patronage and I apologize for the extra efforts that had to be taken related to your Diamond number and related services.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed at the Skirvin May 2011. It was graduation time at OU so all the hotels close to Norman will full up. Told myself, "if i gotta stay in OKC, might as well do it up right". The Skirvin does it right. The rooms were large and very clean the staff was great. Walked to several bars and restaurants in the area all very close to the hotel. On a side note, a thing that impressed me was the entire time I was walking around downtown OKC I was never approached by any bums or panhandlers....Keep it up OKC!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank boginac
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear boginac,
We love being in the center of it all in OKC. Thank you for recognizing our awesome property and our Staff. We really appreciate it and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and Downtown OKC & its surrounding areas. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had a family gathering on Saturday March 24th and we met at the hotel restaurant. We were pretty much ignored by our server the entire meal however she did add on a 20% tip for herself and did not tell me she had done so. I guess that is why she did not care if she assisted us or not, she was going to get her tip either way. After she brought our check she never returned to the table and another server noticed we were really wanting to get out of there and he took care of the check for me.
As soon as I arrived back home to Fort Worth that evening I sent an email to the hotel complaining and someone by the name of Daniel Tabares opened the email but I have yet to hear from anyone. I really expected more from a Hilton property.
I will be disputing a portion of the tip with my credit card company!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary M

Dear Mary M,
Please accept my personal apology for your underwhelming experience. We will be contacting you today to take corrective action. Your comments have been shared internally with the appropriate staff. We are extremely proud of our Team and the extraordinary service they provide each and every day. I am very sorry you did not experience our common standard.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This wonderful historical hotel was almost demolished a few years ago until the people of Oklahoma City and Hilton Hotels realized what a jewel we had, and thus saved it, to the delight of we Okies!! I live in Oklahoma City and have had the privilege of staying her three times since it has been renovated. From the time you set foot in the amazing lobby until the time you leave you will be treated like royalty. Be sure and check out the Red Piano Bar and the wonderful restaurant in the hotel and then head to our famous downtown area (which is now called Bricktown). You won't need your car in this area because it is pedestrian friendly and has an expensive trolley that runs throughout the area, including the OKC Memorial. Back to the hotel rooms; the beds are super comfortable, a Keurig Coffee pot with gourmet coffee in each room, and very tastefully done decor, make this the place to stay in OKC! STAY here.....you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear ebq54,
We are so very glad that you were delighted with your stay. We can't thank you enough for the terrific review and appreciate your repeat visits. Thank you for pointing out that we are in the center of it all in OKC and describing all other great features of our historic hotel. We hope to see you soon once again.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past 6 weeks. Typically I stay at the Marriott downtown, but this place blows the Marriott away. I am Marriott rewards member and I would rather skip my points and stay here.

First of all the front desk check in staff is always so pleasant. The first time I came here I was attending a black tie event and a button came off my tux and one of the ladies at the front desk was kind enough to sew it back on. The second time I was there they let me check in around 10 am and even upgraded me to a bigger room. Anytime you have a good experience at the front desk it just sets the proper tone for the stay.

It is a cool older building which i think they have done a nice job of remodeling. The rooms are spacious and are styled nicely. The bathrooms have plenty of room as well.

The location is perfect as it is within walking distance of the convention center and the arena, but far enough away you aren't caught up in the convention traffic. Its also within a short walk of bricktown.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cseanmc
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thanks for the terrific review. We love that you love our historic & iconic hotel in the center of it all in Downtown OKC. We really appreciate your recognition of our Front Office staff. They are indeed amazing. We hope to see you soon for your next visit.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Hotel staff was attentive, pleasant , and helpful. Check-in and check-out was efficient, staff offered and printed airline boarding passes. The room was comfortable, quiet, and clean. Able to find street parking in front of hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you so very much for recognizing our wonderful Staff and taking the time to review the Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you being with us. Best wishes for continued safe travels.