“Great place to stay”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have stayed at the Skirvin Hotel several times, both for business and for leisure, and every stay has been a great experience. The historical elegance of the hotel makes it a unique travel experience. The hotel lobby and lounge are beautiful. Oftentimes, historical hotels mean a sacrifice in everyday comforts, but not at the Skirvin. The rooms are big and comfortable with all of the conveniences and appeal of a modern hotel without losing that historical feel. The hotel is also centrally located in downtown Oklahoma City and is within walking distance of the Bricktown entertainment district. Next time you're in OKC, stay at the Skirvin.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WestTXTraveler12
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Dear WesTXTraveler12,
We thank you for your review and loyalty & return visits. Your focus on the uniqueness and historical elegance is appreciated. The Skirvin is truly one of a kind "in the middle of it all" in OKC and we are extremely proud of our Hotel and terric Staff.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed December 17, 2011

What a beautiful and elegant hotel. From the moment we drove up until we left, I felt pampered. Loved the valet service and the front desk staff was wonderful. Our room was spotless and the bed was so comfortable. We especially loved the limo service taking us to the restaurant and picking us up much later at a different location in Brick Town. We will definitely be staying there again. If there were 10 stars I would give it to the Skirvin.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor. Very quiet and wonderful view of downtown Oklahoma City and Bricktown.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nannyhoney
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2011

We are extremely grateful for your wonderful review. Your comments, as usual, have been shared with our entire Team. We appreciate the recognition, especially of the Valet Team, our rooms & our Front Desk Staff. Hope to see you soon once again.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Recently my family and I had the pleasure of eating at the Hilton Skirvin Hotel in Oklahoma City for Thanksgiving Dinner and for Breakfast with Santa. This restored historic hotel is absolutely beautiful. The food not only looked wonderful but also tasted great. The service was exceptional. A gentleman by the name of Mickey over saw both functions we attended. He made sure my family and I had everything we needed. My son, who has very limited tastes, was even able to have his standard meal of chicken tenders and fries even though this was not on the menu. Of course, these chicken tenders and fries were made from scratch and prepared for my son by the chief. Thank you for making us feel special.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Holli H
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2011

Dear Holli,
Thank you for recognizing Mickey and his staff during these two special events. Every year it is a true pleasure to continue these 2 community traditions. We are glad you attended them both. We appreciate you taking the time to review these events. See you soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I am currently staying at the Hilton Skirvin and have had a great experience. Cat in room service did a particularly great job. She paid close attention to detail and delivered exactly what I requested.

Hotel is clean, has a great business center and would highly recommend it to others traveling for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank xando
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

Dear Xando,

Your recognition of Cat in In-Room Dining and her service delivery is fantastic. We have shared your comments with her.Thank you for your patronage and taking the time to review our amazing property & staff. Much appreciated!!!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel is the absolute antithesis of it's restaurant. The staff, specially Ashley at check in and the bell person on duty the night we were here, was welcoming, knowledgeable, and helpful. Our room was small but had a nice work area and large flat screen TV. The bathroom was also well done with all the necessities--- it had a shower curtain which we do not like, but was otherwise totally functional.. The lobby is quite beautiful with the rich feel of the old, but beautifully refurbished hotel that it is. The rates are incredibly reasonable and the location is perfect --- just a few blocks from the OKC memorial. There is a nice fitness room and handy small gift store. The only slight inconvenience in the rain is that the parking garage is not directly connected to the hotel so you must walk outside for a short distance,

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buford33

Dear Buford33,

Thank you so much for your review and recognition, especially of Ashley at our Front Desk. Your description of our property is highly appreciated. We thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Give yourself a gift and stay in one of the classy hotel rooms or eat out at the excellent Park Avenue Grill. This hotel will thrill those interersted in history, architecture, luxurious surroundings or fabulous food! Logan Pardue and his creatve chefs are responsible for exceptional food that tantalizes the taste buds and for superb service. The dining room is exquisite and the detail is lavish, from the perfectly set tables to the beautifully lit period decor and Art Decco tile work. This hotel took my breath away!

Mary Graham
owner of 'The Dreamcatcher Suites', Tulsa, OK.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary G
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

Thank you so much for your terrific review and recognition of Logan, our Culinary Team and our amazing property. Your generosity was highly appreciated. We hope to see you soon for a return visit.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I came to OKC to watch my sister-in-law get sworn in to join the Air Force. I am not big on spending the extra money to stay at a luxury hotel, but my wife had heard incredible things about the Skirvin and talked me in to getting us a room there. We only stayed one night, but I must say it was a success. The rooms are quite big and spacious and had everything you would expect a luxury hotel to have. There is also a gym/spa/indoor pool area that my wife enjoyed very much. We ate at the Park Avenue Grill and drank some cocktails at the Red Piano Bar, both located in the lobby of the hotel. There is also a valet service. But the best part about the hotel is it's employees. Everyone from the valet guys at the front door to the lady at the front desk to the maids to the restaurant employees were very friendly and did everything they could to accommodate us in every way possible. The bar tenders at the Red Piano were very pleasant to interact with, and the "Johnny Cash looking" manager of the Park Avenue grill (dressed in all black, think his name was Landon or something) went over and beyond his call of duty to make sure we had everything we needed. Will be staying here any and every time I am in OKC from now on!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob D
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Bob D.
Thank you for your awesome review and recognition of our Team, incl. Landon, Red Piano, Park Avenue Grill, Valet, Front Desk, Housekeeping and others.We are all highly appreciative of your comments. We are thrilled you had a memorable stay. Mission accomplished!
Safe travels and we hope to see you soon for a return visit.