“Very pretty, very clean, good location”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #9 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This historic hotel has great architecture and history. It is a very beautiful place with nice clean rooms and very prompt room service/maid service. The location is nice, walking distance to Bricktown and easy access to the highway. The staff was friendly and easy to locate, there was even champagne and strawberries waiting for us because it was our anniversary. The only downside to this hotel is parking. If you don't want to pay for valet ($25 a night) then you have to park in a public parking garage, which there are no signs for and was difficult to locate at first. Overall, a great hotel that I would definatly reccommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meg_baca512
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Meg_Baca512,
Your recommendation was fantastic. Once again, best wishes and congrats on your Anniversary.Thank you for staying with us on your special night.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed 2 nights at the Hilton Skirvin after winning the bid on Priceline; after reading reviews on Tripadvisor, I was certainly looking forward to a good stay at this hotel. Let me say - it far exceeded those high expectations!

I stay in lots of hotels (about 40% of the year) and would rank this in the top tier of hotels I have stayed in! In the midwest, it is the single #1 best hotel I have stayed in...honestly I cannot figure out why it is a Hilton, and not a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons - everything about this hotel is on that level of hotel class!

The facility itself, from the outside building, to the lobby, the public spaces. pool, fitness center, hallways, and especially the rooms are all 5-star quality. The room itself was flawlessly decorated, had highend furnishings throughout, and a nice size bathroom. The bed was very comfortable.

The service, from beginning to end, was top-notch. Everyone from the front desk (who agreed with me about a parking issue that wasn't even their issue) to the folks at the bar who gave us some milk at no-charge for our toddler one evening. Everyone was very, very nice and clearly focused on quality service....this really was some of the best service I have experienced at any hotel.

If you are staying here - rest assured this is one of the finest hotels in the midwest and perhaps the entire country in all regards. A top-notch hotel I would give my highest recommendation!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank adamsaintlouis
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear Adamsaintlouis,
I am speechless about your terrific review. Your kindness is beyond belief and highly appreciated. Our Team is absolutely thrilled with your comments. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hi there !!! I love love love your hotel. I stayed there four days in May and I wish to tell you that i was waited on hand and foot by your staff. I spent alot of time in the bar area (not drinking) but just lunch and having a soda and people watching while waiting for friends. Your daytime bartender/waiter was the BEST. I forgot his name but he is a cutie pie and was ever so good to me. I only have one complaint and that there is no special offer for people who have stayed there to come back at the same price when one stays a longer period of time other than one nite. As one would say in and out. So with that said I wish to come back there next yr as I have business and pleasure and I myself cant afford the prices you offer on a regular basis. Also I forgot your valet is the best I have ever experienced and didnt have a problem tipping them for one moment. The bed was so comfy and all round the place was great. There Mr. Manager you have my opinion and yes I do love your hotel.
Pat Lazzari
Email patlzz@hotmail.com

Room Tip: I really didnt have a favorite area, it was quiet where I was !!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank poodles462

Thank you so much for staying with us once again and taking the time to review our wonderful property. We appreciate the recognition of Mo in the Red Piano Lounge and our Bellstaff. In the future may I suggest to check for specials & packages on our website and also become a Hilton Honors member. We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Dinner and the wait staff (specifically Dae Sean) are exceptional at the Hilton Skirvin Hotel! We dined there in August 2011 while attending the Masters Rowing Nationals and made a specific stop again in November 2011 while driving across the country. FANTASTIC food!! And Dae Sean is an absolute gem of a waiter! We were blessed to have him on both occasions. We highly recommend a meal at the Skirvin Hotel! The hotel was fully booked otherwise we would have stayed there too! :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J H
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

JH,
Thank you so much for your return visit. We are glad you enjoyed our wonderful restaurant again. Your recognition of our Team and Dae Sean in the great Park Avenue Grill especially will be shared with our entire Staff.They thoroughly appreciate the feedback. Safe travels cross-country and hopefully we will see you soon once again.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Great location with the free trolly stop right out front. My room was spacious with comfortable beds and plenty of electrical outlets. The historic hotel is hands down my favorite in OKC. The desk staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, and the towels, fluffy.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank re3ver
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear re3ver,
We are extremely happy to be your favorite in the City. Thank you for recognizing our Front Desk staff, room product and location. We are truly in the center of it all for business & leisure and extremely proud of our Team. We hope to see you soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed in the Hilton Skirvin for 1 night a few weeks ago. The hotel is ideally located downtown and the imposing building is stunning.
The rooms were spacious, comfortable, well equipped and had a luxurious feel. We loved the pool, hot-tub and gym.
Parking was $20 a day (or $10 for self-park) and I'd recommend paying for valet as the car park isn't on site.
The staff were welcoming and helpful, particularly Mo in the Red Piano Bar who was great fun.
The breakfast buffet was $17....we didn't bother as we weren't very hungry but we regretted this as we struggled to find any alternatives within close proximity to the hotel.
My main issue with the Skirvin was the wi-fi charges. After roadtripping all over 5 states, this hotel not only had the most expensive room rate, but it was the only hotel to charge for wi-fi. The charges were $10 per day, per device....pretty expensive to send a few emails. Although the wi-fi is free in the lobby, it was a real hassle having to go back and forth.
Fees like this make hotels uncompetitive and as someone who normally actively avoids hotels that charge for wi-fi, had my stay been for more than 16 hours, I would've stayed somewhere else. How do hotels still get away with such unbridled profiteering when for most of us internet access is as much a requisite utility as running water of in-room heating? If McDonalds and Starbucks can give us free wi-fi, why can't the world's top hotel chains like Hilton do the same?
Moan over!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor with city views
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Welshjetset
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear Welshjetset,

Thank you for your feedback and recognition of our Staff and our bartender Mo in particular. As one of highest rated Hilton's in the Americas we always strive for perfection and creating memorable experiences. I am glad we did just that, with the exception of our wi-fi charges. Other than that it appears that you had an excellent stay. We appreciate your feedback and are contemplating our future approach because of it. In the meantime, our best wishes for safe travels.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

The Skirvin is a beautifully restored historic hotel. The public areas are gorgeous, and the rooms are also very attractive, spacious and comfortable. I enjoy the extra touches of a fluffy robe and tea (not just coffee) for the hot water machine. Rooms are quiet and the beds are comfy. One minor negative - water pressure in the shower was unusually weak during my recent visit. But I'll be back - this hotel is an excellent value and overall experience.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Fuzby
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Dear Fuzby,
Thank you for the awesome recognition. After just having celebrated our 100th Birthday we are extremely proud of our product and our amazing Team. The Skirvin is truly one of the most unique, historic and iconic hotels in the country. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you soon once again. Safe travels.