“Great Friendly Place”

Ranked #32 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Missouri
“Great Friendly Place”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Our stay here was one of my very best hotel experiences. The hotel was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite which was just lovely. The rooms were spacious and very well appointed. The beds were comfortable and the bedroom lights were bright enough and positioned such that it was easy to read in bed. The kitchen was spacious and had everything we needed. Bathroom vanity areas had spacious granite counters and attractive mirrors. The staff were just wonderful. The complimentary breakfast was delicious with great variety. The breakfast seating area was attractive and the ladies who were attendants in that area were so friendly and kind. There are great restaurants in easy walking distance.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
robertgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
We are glad you had a wonderful experience during your stay and we look forward to your return! I will be sure and share this with the team.

Robert Henley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Great place! Love the location. You can actually walk to a ton of different places (restaurants, minor league ballpark, pubs, etc). It is by their little river. Only downside is that you hear the freeway if you are facing the river. Didn't bother me at all since I am not someone who needs 100% silence to fall asleep.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Very comfortable beds. Also, if you are a smoker (guilty), they do have some rooms with balconies. There aren't many, but it never hurts to ask. I was in 306 my first week there and it had a balcony. My second week I was in 206, which didn't.

If you are looking for a walkable laidback place with tons of draft beer choices, I recommend walking over to TapWerks.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
newbee11
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Great place to stay! The room was very clean and we had a great view of the Bass Pro Shop and the kids loved that. Very friendly staff even during a busy breakfast they were very friendly! The breakfast was wonderful! The location is great! We had a hard time leaving the place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank newbee11
choctaw okla
Reviewed February 12, 2010

My husband and I had a great stay here!I We just wanted a "get away" place and it was perfect for that purpose! Breakfast was very nice! Fresh fruit, hot food, couldn't ask for more, and was included in out hotel price but you have to ask for that when reserving it! But for only $89.00 a night you can not beat that! Beds very comfortable, little sitting room was great, Kitchen had everything we could possibly need! Also be sure to order from Nona's for dinner! They are very fast and food is SUPERB! Once of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! Staff was also VERY accomadating! We had wanted a room with a balcony but when we got there our room that was reserved didn't have one, but when we requested one, they immediately changed it to one with a balcony! Loved the service!!!!

Perfect place to stay for a romantic get away!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I have stayed multiple times at the Residence Inn Downtown Bricktown. My first stay was immediately after they opened in late Winter 2007. I stayed for three months and enjoyed it immensely. On a business trip a year later I spent about a month there. It is a beautiful hotel, very clean and well-kept. Currently, a view of the Riverwalk comes with the view and noise of Interstate 40, but there is an project underway to move I-40 several blocks to the south.

The staff is very friendly, especially the breakfast lady (that was 2007...not sure if she is still there). On the weekends, parking can be an issue; when I was there in 2008 they had a parking attendant at the lot entrance to verify that only guests could park there. Still, I found myself walking from the Bass Pro lot sometimes. The hotel is located in a superb location if you are into shopping and entertainment. All of Bricktown is within a five or ten minute walk: Oklahoma City Redhawks (AAA Team - Pacific Coast League), Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill, bowling lanes, Harkins movie theatre, riverwalk restaurants...

My wife visited me on my business trips and enjoyed it immensely. We would definately stay again if on a business trip or with Marriott points.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank EmergencyOps
weatherford, oklahoma
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Residence Inn is always a fun place to stay, as they are always spacious. The decor is a pretty maroon or wine color with gold accents. The living area and separate bedroom was nice. The drawback, which causes it to have a four vs. five, is the fact that it sits so close to interstate 40, that the noise from the traffic is a bit disturbing. We were on the side where the canal is located and that was pretty to view, but the traffic was so loud. The beds are a bit uncomfortable, which I encouraged them to consider upgrading, as that is about the only thing, besides the noisy traffic that makes the stay uncomfortable. The breakfast is a nice, complimentary continental breakfast and they have free internet service to use in their lobby. Since it is in Bricktown, then it is almost expected that it might be noisy to stay there, since it sits right next to I 40, but it is a nice place and comfortable and makes you feel at home. There are so many things surrounding Bricktown and those working at the Residence Inn seem to know if there are special events going on in Bricktown, which is nice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thetravelinggrandma
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (9/11-9/13). We drove down from KC, for the OU home opener. We always stay in Bricktown and this time we chose the Residence Inn. We were more than satisfied with our stay.

We checked in around 11 a.m. It took just a few minutes. Our room was on the 5th floor. It was a 1 bedroom suite, with 2 beds, and a view of the ballpark. We've stayed in other Residence Inn's, in other areas, and this one is BY FAR the best one! Stainless steel appliances, granite counters, very contemporary...I loved it!

I also enjoyed the free wifi and free breakfast. There were a lot of options for Breakfast. Eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, waffles, bagels, danishes, yogurt, cereal, much more than other hotels' 'free breakfast'. They have an outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, and fitness center. We didn't use them though. Not enough time. :(

Parking was $6 p/night. Not bad, since we've paid twice that for parking at a hotel just down the road.

I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple