“Just like home”

Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown
Ranked #36 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Just like home”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is always wonderful to stay at. We enjoy bricktown and all the sites. It is just as comfy as home. I stayed here during my husbands accident while he was at OU Medical Center. They were so great considering my situation. We also enjoy staying after the OU Games as Norman is usually booked up. They need a bar or stock up on the beer. Its always nice to grab one more on the way up to your room. That would be my only complaint.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Corndog71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here for nearly 2 weeks while our home was under renovation. The rooms were always spotless, breakfast buffet was delicious and had everything you could imagine (eggs, sausage, yogurts, breads, fresh fruit, waffle bar) and the free dinner with dessert 3 nights a week was an added treat (lasagna, BBQ, etc). No small portions here and seconds are welcome! Our room had full size fridge and kitchenette (microwave and cooktop but no oven). Hotel is adjacent to Bass Pro and easy access to walk the canal. Walking distance to most restaurants and movie theater (about 3/10s of a mile). Recommend this hotel to all my friends!

Room Tip: I recommend a room with a view of the river. The city was beautiful from our balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharon V
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here 6 times over past 3 years during family road trips. Staff is great, very accomodating, but some rooms need an employee to look at them as if a guest...first room today was worn out, chair looked worse than used college furniture. Asked for another room, upgraded to two bedroom, this was better. Why so inconsistent? Rooms are tired. Need freshening/updating. Great location, has potential.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TL M
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We came to the hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary because it is down town. As soon as we got to the room, I noticed oil of some kind on the curtain and the chair in the room was completely worn on the arms. Not just a little, it looked like someone got the chair out of a trash can. I was shocked. I walked to the kitchen area and then stepped on open tacks on the floor from torn carpet. The carpet was ripped up and had exposed staples!! I could not believe the condition of the room. I called the front desk and had the manager come up to look at the room. I wanted him to see it first hand. He said he did know that some rooms needed to be updated. This is more than an update I told him and he agreed and had someone come to hammer the staples down. How could housekeeping miss this? I paid over 200.00 a night for this room! He later told me he was going to reduce my rate by $30.00. Really $30.00 dollars!? I never complain, but this was to be a special time in a hotel from the pictures looked very inviting. I still can’t believe what I paid for what I got! I have included pics of the room...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My last business trip to OKC and now I stay at Residence Inn. Location is great. The property was in great condition. Nice decor, clean, good breakfast, umbrellas if it rains, nice front staff. Everything was just well done. Too bad it was my last trip because I would definitely stay there again.
I did have meetings with a local colleague and the living area of the hotel room was perfect for it. They gave her a free parking pass each time she came in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank abst14
OKLA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Enjoyed a one-night stay in this downtown property last week. Would be very convenient place to stay if you were attending a Thunder game or a minor league baseball game- the latter park is just across the street. Thunder arena is 2-3 blocks on same street. Outstanding breakfast. Nice area to eat in and staff was friendly. They serve light evening meals Mon-Wed. Fajitas the night we were there.
Typical Residence room. The only thing that needed minor repair was bathroom vanity cabinet- it was definitely showing signs of wear. Otherwise, everything was good. Pool area is outside but is nice. My grandchildren enjoyed watching the canal boats come by. Many restaurant choices within 1-2 blocks. Kind of strange that they charge $6.50 for self-parking, probably because the ballparks are so close. It's just like parking at any other RI, but have never paid for it before.
Bass Pro Shop is next door. Would like to stay in this property again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rsfred
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days in Aug. 2012. You can't beat the nice downtown location, in easy walking distance of all the ammenities of Bricktown. Plenty of places to walk to - sporting events, dining, Bass Pro Shops etc. As I am traveling alone, I felt very comfortable walking by myself and finding great places to eat at night. Sometimes I am hesitant to go out by myself, but I felt very comfortable at this location.
The hotel offers breakfast and a couple nights a week has a reception/light dinner. I never made it back for the evening activities. I enjoyed the breakfast and it is as good as you can get for hotel breakfast buffets that are included in your room rate. It isn't 5 star, but the friendly servers (I love Ms. Sylvia) and the varied menu are great.
I did use the laundry facilities. I liked that you had to use a room key to enter them on the first floor. I believe the prices were $1.25 for Tide soap, $1.00 for the washer (30 min) and $1.00 for the dryer (45 min).
The room is spacious and well equipped as you would expect from the chain. My only minor complaint is that the chair in the room was worn and peeling (not real leather). It didn't bother me and this was a minor complaint.
I wouldn't hesitate at all to stay here again, enjoy the ammenities of the area!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are more quiet. There is one room on the first floor directly next door to la...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business