“All the Comforts of Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown

Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown
Ranked #25 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Texas, USA
“All the Comforts of Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I recently spent four nights at the Marriott Residence Inn in Bricktown with my rowing team to participate in a regatta in OKC. I shared a two-bedroom suite with five other people and we all loved the hotel.

The room had all the amenities of home. The kitchen was fully equipped and had everything we needed. The beds were extremely comfortable (it may have been one of the most comfortable hotel mattresses I’ve ever slept on!). They were made with high-quality sheets and had lots of pillows. The free wifi worked great. We loved the complimentary breakfast—there was a great variety to choose from that changed a bit each day. We also took advantage of the laundry facilities in the hotel and although we did not use the pool, it looked quite nice.

The location is excellent—right in the heart of Bricktown with lots of restaurants within walking distance. (Although note that if you stay in the hotel for a regatta you can’t walk to the river as you would need to cross several major roads and the area is under construction. There is, however, a free shuttle that stops right in front of the Bass Pro Shop across the street.) I was a bit nervous about noise when I saw how close the highway is to the hotel, but the room was very well sound-insulated.

The staff was very friendly. We were impressed that they dropped off extra towels in our room without our asking. It also rained on the first day of our stay, and the hotel provided hand towels in the lobby so that folks could dry off.

My only very minor criticisms are that the living area was smaller than we anticipated. When the sleeper sofa was fully extended, it took up most of the room. Also, both bathrooms are located within the bedrooms, so the person sleeping in the living room had to walk through the bedrooms to reach them. Also, the bathroom light and fan were integrated on one switch and the fan was really loud.

All in all, we were very pleased with our hotel choice and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank frequentflyer41
OKC_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank You for taking the time to post a review about our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Oklahoma City and that we could play a part in that. We will be sure to read your kind comments to our team members. We truly enjoyed having your rowing team stay at the hotel and look forward to having you stay for future races. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a comment and we will be looking forward to the next regatta, we hope to see you then!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The hotel is in a fantastic location, right on the Bricktown Riverwalk. We had a wonderful room overlooking the pool and riverwalk, and we really enjoyed making use of the pool for the very hot days we were there. I loved the layout of the room. It seemed the plans for everything were very well thought out. I especially like the door between the bedroom area and the living room area. It was adequately clean (and I'm extremely picky about that!). Everything was great, except that we couldn't stay there as long as we would have liked, because they were completely booked!

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dee6033
Thank You for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor we are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Bricktown/Downtown! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Oklahoma City and hopefully we can accommodate you the entire time you are here. Again thank you for posting about your experience at our hotel.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Right across the street from minor league baseball. Lots of bars and restaurants in the area. Hotel was excellent by my standards. A bit pricey, but very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank AidanD55
OKC_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel. We strive for guest satisfaction and exceeding expectations. We will be sure to pass the message along to our team members. We look forward to having you stay here on your next visit to OKC!
Elk City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

With our father in the hospital, we chose the Residence Inn Downtown/Bricktown to stay because it was very convenient to go back and forth to OU Hospital.
Little did we know, we would be staying there for 13 nights! The staff was wonderful. They bent over backwards to meet our needs and extended our stay several times. They were always quick to help and took time to talk with us daily.
We will definitely stay here again.
I've stayed at Marriott properties all over the world and have always been happy with their operation but this hotel far exceeded our expectations

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lovethishotel_3
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share them . We will make sure our staff has the opportunity to view them as well. We look forward to your return to Oklahoma City!
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed here twice during a family road trip and could not be happier with our experience. The hotel was newly remodeled, very clean, very spacious, and the staff was exceptionally helpful and nice. We would recommend Residence Inn Bricktown to anyone traveling through Oklahoma City and would not hesitate to stay here again ourselves.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CAFamilyofSix
OKC_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thank you very much for your generous comments regarding your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share them with us! We will make sure our staff has the opportunity to view them as well. We look forward to your return to Oklahoma City on your next road trip!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had. I called the hotel in early June 2011 and asked which side of the hotel faced the bricktown ballpark. I was told it was the east side. On 12 Jun 11, I made a reservation for this hotel over the internet and asked for early arrival and East side of the hotel. On 01 July 11, I called the hotel to ensure I had a reservation for the 4th and that it was facing the ballpark and they said yes. I arrived on 4 Jul 11 at 2:30 p.m. to check in. The lady at the front desk said it would be about 30 minutes and not facing the park ball so I could see the fireworks. I sat in the dining area facing the front desk. about 15 minutes later after watching 2 parties check-in. I went to the front desk and a man said that they were gold members so they get immediate service and I wasn't. I said but I made a reservation over 3 weeks ago. He was looking at my reservation and said that the internet reservations are not made in this hotel and the notes are on my reservation but that is just a note and they do not need to meet those requests and that it would be a longer wait. I asked why the reservation will not be honored for a 3 p.m. room and he said, your reservation got you a government rate on a holiday, you should be happy because the hotel already had 45 rooms taken under the government block and that he could get $189 for that room. I went back and sat down. two more people checked in and I saw them getting a parking pass. It was 3:15 and I'd been there 45 minutes so I went back up and asked about my room and for a parking pass. He said that they could give me a room over the interstate in a few minutes (south side) but that if I wanted the east side, I'd be waiting even longer because the cleaning staff have not even started cleaning that room. I couldn't believe that he wanted me to wait over another hour to get a room facing a store front. After the treatment I received and the cancelled holiday plans due to this hotel staff. (instead of making this a annual visit). I will never stay in this hotel again and I will think strongly before trying another Marriott hotel anyplace. Very very poor customer service!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hotelrater145
OKC_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City Downtown/Bricktown, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will review our reservation process to ensure that all pertinent information is discussed with guests and potential guests. We do pride ourselves on customer service and our guest's intent to return. Thank you again, for providing us with your feedback so that we may improve our services!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

If you are going to stay in Oklahoma City, OK I highly recommend the Residence Inn Bricktown. The staff was outstanding, the location was perfect (across from the AAA baseball club and down the street from the OKC Thunder NBA team) and it is right in the heart of an area in which OKC has built shops, restaurants, stores, etc.....

Nice rooms. A small kitchen in the rooms along with a living room and separate bedroom. Excellent services for the price!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jwbjpb
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share them with us and we will make sure our staff has the opportunity to view them as well. We look forward to your next event and return to Oklahoma City.