“Perfect, relaxing night at the Colcord!”
Review of Colcord Hotel

Colcord Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Kansas
“Perfect, relaxing night at the Colcord!”
Reviewed December 29, 2008

My husband and I were looking for a one night romantic, relaxing stay to break up a long holiday drive. The Colcord Hotel provided exactly what were hoping for and more. We were very pleased not only with the decor, style, and cleanliness of the rooms, but also impressed with the service. We were running late on our drive and coming close to our dinner reservation. Our check-in was done within a few minutes. Their complimentary shuttle to Bricktown was awesome and got us to our reservation with a few extra minute to spare. We called them just as we were paying for our dinner and the shuttle was there within minutes to take us back to the hotel (perfect on a cold winter night!).

We booked the corner king suite through the Colcord's website and were pleasantly surprised at the amount of room we got for such a reasonable rate. The room was very large and had a wonderful bath/shower area with a gigantic spa tub.

We'd definitely stay at the Colcord again if we're in Oklahoma City.

• Liked — Complimentary shuttle to Bricktown and large, nicely decorated rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scubadivegal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I booked our room on the hotel Web site a few weeks before our intended stay, and received the AAA discounted rate. A few days before we left on our road trip I called the hotel directly to ask if we could check in a day earlier. The person I talked to was very nice and made the change. We had no problem checking in. They let us leave our car right outside the front door while we brought our luggage to our room. Self-parking is in a lot behind the hotel, and we were able to see our car from our third floor window.

The deluxe king room was spacious and gorgeous! In addition to the king bed, there was a sitting area with a table and two chairs and a "fainting couch". The separate bath area was behind the bedroom, so you didn't have to disturb someone who was sleeping when you turned the light on. The granite vanity top was very large, and there was a shelf below where the towels and hair dryer were kept, but there was also room for toiletry cases. The closet had a shelf with a safe and some storage space on either side. The shower and toilet were separated from the vanity and closet.

The location is great! We walked to Bricktown, Myriad Botanical Gardens and the National Memorial and Museum. We did not eat at the restaurant, go to the night club, or use the exercise room so I cannot comment on those amenities.

• Liked — It met all my expectations, based on the Web site.
  • Disliked — Paying extra for parking.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ColoradoTraveler5
Edmond, OK
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I am a resident of the Oklahome City Metro area who had the pleasure of spending a lovely night with my boyfriend at the Colcord to celebrate our one-year anniversary.

We had a corner room that was beautiful and modern yet still maintained a certain amount of antique charm. The jacuzzi tub was marvelous, and slipping on the soft, delicious-smelling robe afterwards was so relaxing. The bed was large and comfy, and I slept like a log.

The service was top-notch, and the staff was courteous and promptly responsive to our requests. Being a seasoning freak, after a delicious Parisian sandwich from Soleil was delivered for breakfast, I decided that I needed some extra salt and pepper. It wasn't 5 minutes before we received a knock on our door and were handed our own salt and pepper grinders to use. We also asked for extra towels, and they were delivered within 10 minutes.

All in all, our stay was delightful and refreshing. The hotel staff was helpful and kind, and I would certainly recommend this boutique hotel to anyone interested in staying in a fabulous hotel that doesn't fit the same cookie-cutter mold as chain hotels.

• Liked — Bed, tub, robes - overall ambiance
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sayrayinok
Stillwater, OK
Reviewed July 24, 2008

This newly remodeled boutique hotel is perfect in every way - staff, locale, amenities, food, room service, wi-fi, i-pod hookups, decor. I've stayed at this hotel several times and so have many friends, family, and business clients. All have had the same comment - wow!! It's a small hotel with a great restaurant operated by a wonderful French chef who also has another restaurant in Oklahoma City that's definitely worth a try. Ask about it at the front desk. The food is outstanding. Try the onion soup!! The younger crowd (the 20 and 30 somethings) love the hip bar, the XO Lounge, and the older folks (like me) love the spacious rooms, the flat screen tvs, and the cool bathrooms!! This is truly a remarkable little home away from home and the staff is extremely accomodating. Highly recommended!!

• Liked — The food and the great rooms and proximity to downtown events and restaurants
  • Disliked — Not much. Really like everything about this hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank SarahStillwater
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2008

My fiancé and I live only ten minutes from the Colcord, but we stayed one night in the hotel because we had admired the outside and wanted to see what the inside was like. If you are looking for a gorgeous hotel, the Colcord doesn't disappoint. It also has a great location in downtown Oklahoma City and is only minutes from Bricktown. The hotel has a restaurant on site, but the prices are a little high.

As I mentioned in the title of this review, there were a few problems. I don't recommend booking your room on the hotel's website. When we checked in, there was a delay. They had us in their computer system, but they hadn't actually booked a room for us. The front desk staff were very helpful and resolved the issue, but we were still standing at the front desk with bags in hand for about ten minutes.

Another little problem was when we got to our floor, there was a room service tray on the floor outside somebody's door that had half-eaten breakfast food on it. Since it was about 6 in the evening when we checked in, we assumed the tray had been there for hours. When we got to our room, we also discovered a room service tray outside our door with some trash and a half-empty bottle of wine on it. After relaxing in our room for a while, we decided to go out to dinner. The trays still hadn't been picked up even though housekeeping was cleaning a room only 2 doors down. We stopped by the front desk and they had someone promptly remove the trays.

The Colcord has a bar on site that turns into a hot spot at night. From what I could tell, there is only one parking lot for guests and bar patrons. We stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night, and after returning from a late movie, the parking lot was pretty crowded so we had to park pretty far away. Valet parking is available for $13.

Bottom line: Beautiful hotel, great location, but be prepared for a few bumps in the road.

• Liked — The hotel and the room were beautiful, and located close to Bricktown.
  • Disliked — There should be separate parking lots for guests and bar patrons.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ladylindsay
Las Vegas
Reviewed June 8, 2008

This hotel is a Coury Collection Hotel and is located in the heart of Downtown Oklahoma City. The building architecture is vintage. There are flat screen TVs in the Sitting Room and Bedroom, Spacious bathrooms which have a Jacuzzi tub, granite counters, and a large, sit-down shower. Rooms have very contempo furniture. It is located 6 blocks from Harkins AMC Cinemas, Near the Myriad Botanical Garden & Tropical Conservatory, and one block from the Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau. Loved this hotel. It’s a taste of NYC in Oklahoma City.

• Liked — Very Comfortable luxurious rooms. Walking distance from gardens, restaurants and cinemas.
  • Disliked — Front Desk Agents Were Not That Good. Only One Who Was Incredibly Accommodating. Her Name Is Virginia.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank SHOWHOST
Nashville
Reviewed June 2, 2008

I travel to Oklahoma City alot on business. I usually stay at the Skirvin Hilton. I am an loyal Hilton traveller however upon travel agent urging I stayed here.

I arrived in the city late and contacted the hotel as I needed a shuttle to pick me up. I was informed there was no shuttle available, not given a reason why, even though it states on the website complimentary airport pick up. To add a side bar to this, my travel agent had contacted the hotel to make a reservation for the shuttle to pick me up and was informed by the gentleman that she spoke with that I didnt need to make a reservation but just to call when I got there and they would be there in 15 minutes. I did as instructed and as stated earlier I was told there was no shuttle and I would just have to "cab it" (that was the term that was given to me in a very condescending way by the gentleman working late night).

After I arrived at the hotel it was close to 11:45 pm I had to wait about 10 minutes as there was no one at the front desk to check me in. When he finally showed up, I was greeted with a snide laugh and I felt as if I was more trouble than he was being paid for to check me in.

There was no late night supper available, I had no transportation and couldnt get anyone in guest services to answer the phone to give recommendations for delivery since that seemed to be the only option. I tried calling guest services 3 times and the phone rang off the hook.

The room was nice and seemed newly decorated, however the A/C was noisy.

I love historic hotels, But will not return to the Colcord simply for the fact that the customer service by the one person I saw was horrible. I will be back to the Skirvin and let all the law firms and people traveling to Oklahoma City for court to think long and hard about the decisions to stay in a "boutique" hotel or a nationally owned hotel that offers a standard you can rely on.

• Liked — Its old so if there was a tornado I am sure I would be fine
  • Disliked — absolutely the RUDEST and least helpful late night staff ever.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business