“Excellent Hotel”

Colcord Hotel
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were driving cross-country and had stayed in a cheap and not so cheerful place in Santa Fe. We booked based on the price (lower than most) and had an incredible experience. Rooms were spacious as was the bathroom. Really comfortable beds and it was really quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant and the food was very good as was the staff. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mlrmanski
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide a review on your recent stay at the Colcord Hotel. We are so pleased you had an enjoyable time and hope you will choose to stay with us should you visit Oklahoma City in the future.

tsullivan@colcordhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had my wedding reception at the top of the Devon Tower and naturally set up a room block with the Colcord since it's attached. All of our guests commented how nice the hotel was and the staff was very helpful with any/all the requests we had. It was definitely nice how large the rooms and suites were since everyone needed lots of space to get ready for the big day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We appreciate your recent stay at our hotel and for your review. Thank you for letting us know that you and your guests were pleased with everything.

Congratulations to you. We hope you'll join us again!

colcordhotel.com
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a suite for our anniversary. Luxurious, spacious room, wonderful layout. We love the walk-in shower/jacuzzi tub area which is separate from the bathroom. The view over the botanical garden is great. Super comfortable bed and plush amenities. Well appointed furniture that accentuates the room's luxurious yet comfy feel. All the staff added to our feeling welcome and treated as guests (Not as if we should be grateful that we get to stay here, which I get in many less quality hotels). Especially we appreciated Arlene's attention to details and display of hospitality that made our stay so memorable. The hotel's location is prime, connected to the Devon tower (we had dinner on the 49th floor(excellent!)), in walking distance to the botanical garden and the Chesapeake arena (go Thunder!).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ian M
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We greatly appreciate your recent stay at the Colcord Hotel and for taking time to provide a review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the nearby attractions and restaurants.

Happy Anniversary! We hope to see you again soon.

Sawley, nott's, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our Route 66 Tour was an amazing experience, we stayed in 12 Hotels over 15 nights, After traveling through 8 States and driving 2,400 miles the Colcord in Oklahoma stays in our mind,
An impressive Lobby, wonderful views from our very spacious room, nothing is to much for the staff from the Room Maid to the Reception Staff, Willie & Kevin the Concierges were wonderful, so very helpful and made us feel like very special guests,
Oklahoma is a fabulous City, very clean and the people very friendly, we felt quite safe walking through the City at night.....
We would highly recommend The Colcord Hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We are so appreciative that you chose to stay at the Colcord during your tour along Route 66. Thank you for taking time to provide a review on your stay. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable experience.

We wish you the best and hope to see you again should you return to Oklahoma City.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

There is no denying how impressive this hotel looks when you step into the lobby. And the well appointed spacious rooms are just lovely. But it's quirks were enough to be frustrating. For example, rather than in room coffee set ups, you have to pre arrange a coffee or tea delivery. At check in I was asked what time I wanted coffee each morning. How do I know when I'm going to wake up? So I made a guess for the next day based on the time of my meeting. When I hesitated about the second morning she rolled her eyes and put away her papers like I was a dolt.
Later that day I ordered room service. I got put on hold three times and shuttled from person to person. Finally someone took my order for a cheeseburger. The room service guy was completely baffled and made me hold twice, as if it wasn't on the menu. When I asked what came with that he told me: a bun. About five minutes later someone called back and asked the usual questions about sides and type of cheese etc.
the food came and was in edible. I've never seen a cheeseburger that looked like this one. Whitish with no meat texture. A really weird taste and medium rare meant practically mooing. The sweet potato fries had that disgusting seasoning that chain restaurants put on fries. Grossest meal I've had in a long while.
Finally the shower is terrible. It's designed so that it is impossible not to get the bathroom floor soaking wet. And the water is tepid. They sent "an engineer" up to fix it, but he looked as baffled as everyone else there. Finally he shrugged and said, "it's kind of warm." He was right! But I like hot showers. Never had one.
Overall, they don't seem to have it together yet. Service weak. Food bad. Shower weak and bad. But a pretty hotel and right across from the convention center.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank annmariehood
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We appreciate your recent visit to the Colcord and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for expressing your concerns. It is our desire that each and every guest have an enjoyable experience at our property and we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. We have many hotel guests that truly enjoy the complimentary coffee/tea wake-up call, however, we do understand your frustration with the service. Also, the room service issue you experienced is certainly not acceptable and not typical of our property and we have corrected the issues you noted.

I welcome the opportunity for further discussion. Thank you again for providing a review.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is the second year I have used the Colcord for a large event my office hosts for out of state visitors (20-30 people). The service was amazing from the very first planning meeting. I worked with Kristen Gaddis and if you are lucky enough to get her, don't worry about a single detail. Kristen worked with us on hotel rooms, dinner, reservations at Flint and MORE. She dealt with every request within hours of me emailing her, truly amazing! She is a real professional and a pleasure to work with. I looked at other venues but nothing compares to the Colcord and dinner on the 50th floor cannot be beat. The food is amazing too! I cannot say enough positive things about the entire experience. Kristen is a gem, so thankful for her hard work and positive attitude!! With a large 2 day event there is a lot of room for error but all my guests left more than happy with their stay in OKC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We are honored you chose to once again host your event at the Colcord. Thank you for taking time to provide a thorough review and to recognize our staff. We strive for excellence in everything we do and I am pleased you had an amazing experience.

We hope to serve you again in the future should the need arise.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great location and the rooms spacious with excellent contemporary quality.

The conceirge was very helpful and he made us feel so very welcomed. We had a perfect stay in our luxurious room. Would definately stay again. One of our favourites.

Room Tip: The bar looked really good but we didnt have tme to visit. A great autmosphere.