“Very Nice but a couple little things..”
Review of Colcord Hotel

Colcord Hotel
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Very Nice but a couple little things..”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Colcord this last week and we really enjoyed our time there. We booked it through GWAtravel.com and got a great deal on our room. The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly. The location was perfect for anyone wanting to enjoy the city. There were a couple things that caught us off guard, but no big deals in the end.. We pulled up to check in and we handed the keys to the valet, expecting it to be part of the room cost/checking in process, but we were surprised with a bill for $20 a while later. Also, when we were walking down our hallway they had a internet cord running out of one room along the floor covered by some cheap tape and going into another room, kinda tacky for such a nice hotel, but really not a big deal. Also, our room did not have a bath tub. This was almost a deal breaker for my wife. I was just a little surprised. I have never stayed in such a nice hotel that did not have a bath tub in the room. Everything else was great!

Room Tip: make sure you know if the room has a tub or not, if that is important.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to our property. We appreciate you taking time to write a review and for your endorsement of the Colcord Hotel. The Internet cord issue you mentioned has been noted – thank you for letting us know.

We hope to see you again should you return to Oklahoma City.

tsullivan@colcordhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I went to OKC for New Years Eve. We had a great time visiting the hotel bar, eating out and welcoming 2013. The room, valet services and staff were amazing. When we got ready to check out I realized I must have lost a glove the night before. I realized the last place we were was in the bar the night before, so I asked at the desk where I might check to see if it was turned in. Shaneia, Cleo and Patrice were very helpful and found my glove behind the desk. I was elated and so grateful that these Ladies were so willing to help even though it was a busy morning. We will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the endorsement of our hotel after your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from our guests and we truly appreciate for your patronage.

Happy New Year to you! We hope to see you again in the future.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Colcord Hotel provided my daughter and I with an excellent weekend in OKC. After a day of shopping, the room with its upscale furnishings was the perfect spot to relax and unwind. The staff, from the receptionist at check-in to the valet parking attendants were friendly and helpful. I especially appreciated the complimentary WIFI. My 13 year old daughter was especially fond of the complimentary hot tea that was delivered to our room. For anyone traveling to OKC, I would highly recommend you stay at The Colcord.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hello and thank you for your stay at our property as well as for your review. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and I am so pleased you and your daughter enjoyed your stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Wichita, KS USA
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful treat we enjoyed this past weekend. My friends and I stayed at the Colcord on Friday and Saturday nights. From the moment we walked in, the staff was wonderful. ..whatever we needed we received… Your hotel is beautiful and the ability of the staff to make each guest feel welcome is amazing. My friends and I always have fun and staying at the Colcord just added to our great Oklahoma City adventure. Thank you again. PS The champagne and strawberries were the icing on the cake! Merry Christmas

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide these comments. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience.

It is my sincerest hope that you will stay with us again should you return to Oklahoma City in the future. Best wishes to you this Holiday season!

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went on a weekday stay and my room wasnt ready so instead of making me wait i was upgraded to a much more expensive room free of charge! Every staff member had a smile and a genuine "hello" even at 2 am when i got back to room from a night out! I had a billing issue went to desk at lobby showen Shaneca my bill and before i could explain she politily exclaimed she sees the issue and imediatly fixed it! the colcord was beautiful and i have nothing but amazing things to say!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We truly appreciate your recent stay at our hotel and your review. It is our goal at the Colcord for every guest to have a truly wonderful experience. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as these comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will stay with us should you return to Oklahoma City.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I just spent a wonderful week at the Colcord Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City. Because we had a small group and several rooms under our booking we had the pleasure of dealing with Ms. Lindsay Claxton, the Director of Sales and Marketing. Ms. Claxton went out of her way to make sure we had a most enjoyable stay. From accommodating our room needs, to adding additional amenities upon our arrival, and during our stay; a most unexpected treat!! I'd also like to mention Emre, from the front desk, and Emma in the restaurant, both of whom took great care of us as well. In fact, the entire staff, including the valet, were a delight to deal with. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your visit and endorsement of our hotel as well as mention of our staff.

It is my sincerest hope that you will stay with us should you visit Oklahoma City again in the future.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Dear Mr. Sullivan:

I am hoping I am writing to the correct person. I wanted to tell you what an excellent employee you have in Joseph Ricapito. My husband and I recently stayed at your hotel (December 7-9). My husband really liked your bed pillows. He has mentioned to me three times how much he liked the pillows so I decided to try and find out what kind they were. I sent an email to your hotel and it was apparently forwarded to Joseph. He very kindly responded with the information I needed.

I got online to see if I could get the pillow but found that the site he sent me too only sold to hotels. I wrote Joseph back and thanked him for his information and said that even though I couldn't buy the pillow I appreciated his help. He responded quickly and said he would be willing to sell me a pillow and ship it to me. I couldn't believe my luck and quickly responded saying Yes, Yes I would love for this to happen. Joseph sent it by FedX and I already received it today!!! Don't worry I paid for the shipping too! Because of Joseph I will be able to really surprise my husband for Christmas this year. He will definitely NOT be expecting this pillow but he will be so happy.

We enjoyed our stay at your hotel (except for getting stuck in the elevator at the Devon Building). The rooms are so spacious and the staff was excellent. Anyway, my Mom taught me to write when someone went above and beyond their duties. Too often all anyone ever hears are complaints. So, I wanted to be sure you knew Joseph is a gem and is a valuable employee for you.

Happy Holidays,

Shirley Cleveland

Room Tip: Room 1102 was very nice and quiet!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Mrs. Cleveland,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for letting me know about our staff going above and beyond. We truly appreciate your stay and are pleased we could help you get your husband a gift he will love.

I truly hope you will choose to stay with us again should you visit Oklahoma City.