“Above and Beyond”

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Dear Mr. Sullivan:

I am hoping I am writing to the correct person. I wanted to tell you what an excellent employee you have in Joseph Ricapito. My husband and I recently stayed at your hotel (December 7-9). My husband really liked your bed pillows. He has mentioned to me three times how much he liked the pillows so I decided to try and find out what kind they were. I sent an email to your hotel and it was apparently forwarded to Joseph. He very kindly responded with the information I needed.

I got online to see if I could get the pillow but found that the site he sent me too only sold to hotels. I wrote Joseph back and thanked him for his information and said that even though I couldn't buy the pillow I appreciated his help. He responded quickly and said he would be willing to sell me a pillow and ship it to me. I couldn't believe my luck and quickly responded saying Yes, Yes I would love for this to happen. Joseph sent it by FedX and I already received it today!!! Don't worry I paid for the shipping too! Because of Joseph I will be able to really surprise my husband for Christmas this year. He will definitely NOT be expecting this pillow but he will be so happy.

We enjoyed our stay at your hotel (except for getting stuck in the elevator at the Devon Building). The rooms are so spacious and the staff was excellent. Anyway, my Mom taught me to write when someone went above and beyond their duties. Too often all anyone ever hears are complaints. So, I wanted to be sure you knew Joseph is a gem and is a valuable employee for you.

Happy Holidays,

Shirley Cleveland

Room Tip: Room 1102 was very nice and quiet!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Mrs. Cleveland,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for letting me know about our staff going above and beyond. We truly appreciate your stay and are pleased we could help you get your husband a gift he will love.

I truly hope you will choose to stay with us again should you visit Oklahoma City.

tsullivan@colcordhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
McPherson, Kansas
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Last weekend ( December 7, 8, 9, 212) my two girlfriends and I traveled to OKC for a weekend of shopping, eating and fun. We stayed at the Colcord and WOW - what a fabulous time we had. The hotel is gorgeous, our rooms were spacious and very comfortable. We were treated like royality !!! The staff was outstanding in their service to us - they just couldn't do enough for us to make us happy. The front desk staff was friendly, quick, gracious and helpful. When my door key would not work, the front desk person came up to my room with me to make sure the key was right. The bellmen and the valet service was supurb - cordial and courteous. The maids were exceptional and everything we needed, the had supplied for us. And I LOVED the tea service every morning in my room. And our special thanks to Lindsay Claxton. She helped us and was the best I have ever encountered. We had no worries and Lindsay took care of everything. The Colcord is lucky to have such a competent, intelligent, friendly and gracious person working for them !! Thank you, Lindsay, for all your help. We cannot wait to return again !! P.S. - the Christmas decorations were SPECTACULAR !! Jerri Wall Yeargan, McPherson, Kansas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your weekend in Oklahoma City. We are honored you chose to stay with us. Thank you also for special mention of our staff and of Lindsay. I will personally pass along your kind words to her. It is our desire that each and every guest receive the kind of treatment you described. I'm so glad your experience lived up to Colcord standards.

The tea/coffee service each morning has been well received by our guests - we do what we can to make your mornings better! I'm so glad you enjoyed the complimentary tea.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for endorsing our hotel. We hope to see you again should you return to Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our organization held a fall conference at the Colcord/Devon Tower, 50th Floor, with approximately 280 people in attendance. The Convention Service Specialist, Caitlyn Sparks, was my first contact with the hotel. From day one, the planning and coordinating of this event was top notch! She made us feel special and wanted to make sure the event was just as special. The staff went above and beyond my expectations; always prepared with solutions to issues as they arised. This event would not have been as successful had Ms. Sparks and the Colcord staff been there every step of the way. The Rock Star Suite was beautiful and the hotel lobby takes you back in time with its art deco design. I would highly recommend the Colcord and Ms. Sparks when planning your next event!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello and thank you for your kind review of the Colcord Hotel and special mention of Caitlyn. I will be certain to share your review with her and all of our staff. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience on the 50th floor of the nearby Devon Energy Center!

I’m also glad to know you enjoyed your stay in our Rock Star Suite and the historic details of our lobby. We are proud of this building and the architectural details that have been preserved.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate your visit and hope to serve you again in the future whether it be a business or personal visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Colcord hotel was one of the best Hotels I've been to. The staff were wounderful and treated me very well, made me feel at home we chose this hotel because of a corporate Christmas party my job was having and the the staff who planed our event did a good job at staying on top of things and making sure our needs were meet. I also stayed a night at this hotel and the rooms were great couldnt ask for better....thanks to all the staff at the colcord Hotel !!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your recent stay at our property and for your endorsement of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that our staff ensured that all of your needs were met and that your Christmas party was a success. I’m also pleased that you felt at home at our property. That is my desire for all of our guests!

Thank you again for your review. I truly hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We checked in on our Segway tour easy check in great room. We ate at the restaurant and had a good meal. They put a limo an driver at your service for brick town and a 2 mile radius but suspect they will go more. The shower let water get on the floor account of it design there being no door on it. A logos value for your money

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as the comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations. It sounds like you had a great stay in Oklahoma City and I'd like to personally thank you for including us in your plans.

We hope to see you again should you visit Oklahoma City. Thank you for your endorsement of our hotel.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was my first experience staying at the Colcord and while I was familiar with the property from when I lived in the Oklahoma City area, I had never had an opportunity to stay with them. The hotel was beautiful from the lobby to my room, but what truly made my stay remarkable was the staff. I was participating at an event downtown and they were most helpful and accomodating to the point that I truly felt like I had an extra set of hands! While I could list several amazing feats of amazing customer service, one in particular stands out. Shawn Bradford at the hotel restaurant Flint showed us truly exceptional service. In the midst of the chaos Saturday morning my sister ran down to grab us a quick to go breakfast. When she arrived with our bagels and other items we didn't even think that she had left some of the cream cheese condiments behind. When Shawn realized we had missed this small part of our breakfast, he went to the front desk to have our room contacted. We obviously were not there, but they knew we were at the conference center next door. Shawn walked over to the center and searched for us so that we could have the rest of our items with out meal. Amazing! We dined at the Flint for several meals, including a late Saturday brunch that was outstanding. The Colcord and their entire staff were a definite oasis during a busy weekend. I have a new "Must Stay" property when I visit Oklahoma City, thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate your stay at our property and are pleased you had a wonderful experience. I’m happy to hear that our staff was helpful and accommodating during your stay. Customer service is at the forefront of everything we do day in and day out. I will personally make sure Sean reads your review. Thank you for going into detail about your positive experience with him.

Thank you also for visiting FLINT and for your endorsement of the restaurant.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay at the Colcord. We truly hope you will stay with us again should you visit Oklahoma City.

Southampton, New York, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was my second stay at the Colcord. I couldn't beleieve that the staff could be even better than the year before . Sarah, Cleo and Angie helped with everything we needed.. an important fax, directions and the best place for food. Ricky saved my life with early am coffee. Can't wait for my next trip to OKC. thanks

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Colcord Hotel for the second time. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations! I will be certain to share your review with them.

I’m glad to hear that you had a great experience. And yes, our complimentary morning coffee has been well received by our guests, I’m so glad you enjoyed it also.