“Really nice hotel!!!”

Ranked #2 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Houston, Texas
“Really nice hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Colcord is a very nice hotel in the heart of Oklahoma City! The front desk staff were extremely cordial & accomodating, in particular Arlene & Shaneca!!! The rooms were beautiful & very clean! Based on recent events, I will be making somewhat frequent trips to OK City and look forward to staying at The Colcord!

Hilton Guillory

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent stay and your endorsement of our hotel. The front desk staff that you mention will be thrilled to know they left a lasting impression! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are proud of our employees and the professionalism they provide to each of our guests.

We take pride in our clean, spacious and modern rooms and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our centrally located hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you need anything. Again, thank you for your comments.

tsullivan@colcordhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed one night on a business trip for the first time with a positive experience. Overall had a good stay and enjoyed the old charm of the building with modern updates in the rooms. My room was spacious, comfortable and clean. With the exception of one individual, hotel staff members were polite, but not without their faults. Perhaps a higher emphasis should be placed on courtesy. Valet is the only easy option and is busy like other downtown hotels. If you call down for your vehicle beforehand, it will be there waiting for you when you walk out. The hotel restaurant served pretty good food and had good drinks.

Hotel location is convenient to the Cox Convention Center (literally across the street) and is a short walk from Bricktown attractions. If it weren't for the incident with one very rude staff member, I would most likely stay here again, but for now, I will probably go back to my default OKC hotel choice. Maybe I will try again in a couple years.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your visit and for leaving a review of your experience at our facility. We are very proud of our spacious rooms and the historic features of this 102-year old building! I’m so glad you enjoyed it as well.

I would like to personally apologize for any rudeness you experienced during your stay. This is not typical of our staff. We take each comment to heart and I will speak with our staff as soon as possible. We strive to treat every single guest with courtesy. I regret your experience did not live up to Colcord standards.

Again, thank you for your comments. It is my sincerest hope that you would choose to stay with us once again should you visit Oklahoma City in the future. If you would like to speak to us further regarding your stay please do not hesitate to contact me.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked on the basis of reviews and were not disappointed. Whether it is a luxury hotel I not sure, but it blends in the old school outside and lobby with new rooms very well.
Firstly finding the hotel in all the road works going on in OKC is a little bit of a challenge.
Very good valet parking service. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Let us check in little early.
Great location in the heart of Downtown, just across from the Botanical Gardens and a 10 minute walk to Bricktown.
Room was great. Big HDTV and free wifi. Large bathroom. You book a morning coffee delivery to your room. Despite all the road works outside it was nice and quiet, although the windows, even on the 9th floor were quite dirty.
Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would stay on the Bricktown/east side to avoid looking at the new Devon Tower behind the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ColcordHotel, General Manager at Colcord Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Janeandallen,

Thank you for your visit to the Colcord Hotel and for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel and appreciate the special mention of our valet and front desk staff. Our location in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City is truly unique and we appreciate your patience as you made your way through the (now nearly complete) construction.

Again, thank you for choosing the Colcord Hotel. We truly appreciate your review and endorsement.

seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Colcord was a very quiet hotel, with exceptional staff, the front desk staff even offered their personal phone charger to lend! Rooms were beautiful, the staff was very helpful and so polite. We were shuttled all over the downtown area by staff that enthusiastically offered inside info on the best places to see. The rooms are beautiful, the view of the arboretum was wonderful. If I am in OKC again I would definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear rustyseattle,

We truly appreciate your positive review and thank you for your stay. Your kind words regarding our front desk staff have been passed along to them and are much appreciated. It is exciting to know you took advantage of the shuttle service and you were pleased with the results. Oklahoma City has many wonderful things to see and do! The view of the Myriad Botanical Gardens is one of my personal favorites – I am thrilled you enjoyed it also.

Thank you again for choosing the Colcord Hotel and for taking time to provide your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Berryville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Where to begin? I was expecting a four star boutique hotel. While the front desk staff is very helpful, management leaves much to be desired, as does the cleanliness of the rooms and service by the cleaning staff. First, the rooms: dingy overall; no towel bar or rack by the bathroom sink; a constantly running toilet; noisy air conditioning system; windows so filthy we couldn't see out of them; a bed much too soft for most people. As for the service, on the first day we waited until 5:30 pm for our room to be cleaned! Upon cleaning, the staff nearly destroyed a sweater that I was knitting of hand dyed lace weight one-of-a kind yarn. Luckily, I was there to see her vacuum it up and extricated it from the vacuum by myself. The General Manager was incredibly cavalier about this incident, volunteering simply to replace my "tools." (A knitting needle was destroyed.) After this, I requested that they not bother with room cleaning for the remainder of our stay.

As I said, the front desk staff was wonderful, very kind and compassionate. The front desk staff should be running the joint!! Maybe it would then be a four star hotel.!

Room Tip: Don't bother staying at this hotel. I doubt that there is a good room.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank knittingtraveler123
Dear knittingtraveler123,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thorough feedback. I would also like to apologize for any noise, uncleanliness and any other inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. Your experience is certainly not reflective of Colcord standards. We appreciate your special recognition of our front desk staff. We are proud of their professionalism and demand the same standards in every area of our hotel.

We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as the comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

Thank you again for your comments. We truly hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I get up early and the day needs to start properly with a friendly person handing me a cup of coffee.

On October 19, 2012 I woke up at 5:00am and went looking for coffee. Colcord staff 'Ricky' at the lobby front counter immediately took care of me by ordering a pot of coffee delivered to our room. The coffee was delivered in under five minutes and tasted awesome. Tasty coffee with good half and half delivered with a smile.

I am accustomed to the level of service / friendliness associated with business in Portland, Oregon. Portland should look to Oklahoma City for a lesson in genuine friendliness. Ricky, and all of the other staff I've met thus far, has been helpful and friendly. What a refreshing break.

Johann from Portland, Oregon

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear JohannFromtPortland,

Thank you for choosing the Colcord Hotel for your stay in Oklahoma City. We pride ourselves on personal and friendly service and I am pleased to know that your experience lived up to our standards. Our wake-up call and complimentary coffee delivery is one of the many things we offer to help make your stay more enjoyable. It pleases me that you (even at 5 a.m.!) were able to speak with our front desk staff to get coffee right away.

We truly appreciate your stay and your endorsement of our hotel. Please consider the Colcord Hotel for your next visit to Oklahoma City!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We booked a room here for my brother's upcoming wedding and decided to get a sneak peek of what laid in store for us by having dinner at their restaurant, Flint. I have been a lifelong resident of OKC but had never stepped foot in this amazing property and having now been there, I could kick myself for not doing it sooner! The lobby is amazing - lots of beautiful, dark marble and great furnishings. It is well done but not overly snobby. The staircase is breathtaking and the bathrooms are absolutely gorgeous. I want those countertops in my bathroom at home. The staff was very friendly and they had fresh coffee and a nice setup of water with orange slices available as well - and this was at 8 pm on a Wednesday night.

The restaurant was fantastic too, by the way, but you should expect a European style dining experience meaning that you will not be in and out of there in half an hour. Luckily, the chairs are comfortable and the decor is inviting. The tables are spaced nicely so you don't feel like everyone can hear you. I can't wait for the big day so I can finally see the rooms!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear NannerInOKC,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Our lobby and original hotel features are definitely unique and we are so glad you appreciate them! Our staff always strives to be friendly and hospitable and it is pleasing to know you experienced this first-hand.

We are also very proud of the new restaurant, FLINT, which has been opened for nearly 6 months.

We look forward to your stay and wish your brother the best of luck with his upcoming nuptials.