“Nice room, Horrible service”
Review of Colcord Hotel

Colcord Hotel
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
“Nice room, Horrible service”
Reviewed March 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Colcord the night of the Michael Buble concert. The problems started before we even arrived. The night before our stay I called to confirm the type of room and rate I had requested months before. When the woman answered the phone she was talking extremely fast and cut me off mid sentence "thinking" she was answering my question... she wasn't. Had she waited for me to finish my question, I wouldn't have had to repeat myself. She was rude.

Upon checking in the rudeness continued from the same blonde I spoke with on the phone. She informed me that the vallet service was "busy" and may not help my husband and I. Thank you very much. She also informed us about the Restaurant Soliel yet neglected to inform us they had NO available tables for the evening. When I called down to the front desk to ask about breakfast in the morning, you know the one that comes with your stay... she told me it was until 11:00 am... it wasn't thought. It was until 8:30. Once again, thank you for your "help"

They neglected to provide turn down service, I could go on. The room was nice but the situations left such a taste in my mouth. I will never return. I plan to try the Skirvin next time...

• Liked — The room furnishings
  • Disliked — The front desk staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephensgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2008

I stayed at the Colcord Hotel for a one night, two day meeting. There is a history with the Colcord that gives it some character. The high rise building was a hotel many years ago, set vacant for an extended period of time, and then remodeled to become the Colcord. As a result of the age of this building it doesn't have the overall space one would expect for a hotel of the Colcord's class. It is a fine property that has an excellent staff. The rooms are futuristic in style. All have a flat screen television and beds that don't have a box spring. The shower/bathtub is one that has a permanent half glass for the door, so you have to stand toward the front of area. The floor was wet following my shower as there is no way to close the door on the remaining half of the exposed tub. Make note of the parking is in the rear of the hotel. They do offer valet, but it is also in the back of the hotel. My only complaint of the Colcord is the complimentary wireless internet. It is available, and my computer did find the signal, but the strength was extremely poor. I never had a signal higher than 22%. I would stay here again. There is a small exercise facility and on site restaurant that provides room service.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Internet service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank fquinter
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Oklahoma City may not be known for being the center of sleekness and style--at least that's the word I heard from some of the down-to-earth locals with whom I spoke--but the Colcord Hotel exudes just that.

The rooms are spacious and sophisticated; and unlike other hotels that may have a wonderful history but are showing their age, everything but the building is brand new.

Rates may seem a bit pricey, but it's worth the $50-75 extra dollars over the McMarriotts to have a memorable experience. For dining and nightlife, Bricktown is very close. Parking is on-site and reasonable.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank George_PConnecticut
Oklahoma City
Reviewed December 30, 2007

OK, things are getting better. For less money I would recommend the Skirvin or the Marriott properties downtown.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Oklahoma City
Reviewed December 23, 2007

There was a horrible Ice Storm which left us without power for a few days. The hotel not only extended a rate that was remarkable but also let us bring our dog to stay so she didnt have to tough it out in a house with no heat. The staff explained that they recently decided to become pet friendly as pets are a part of the family too. The two blonde gals at the front desk were so kind and fun, they made us laugh about being in the same situation we were and after a few days became like an extended family. The beds were amazing and the amenities, well who could ask for more than a sunken tub and a flat screen TV. Even though they we filled to the brim with people staying in the hotel the gals at the desk never missed a chance to make us feel at home. We will recommend the Colcord Hotel to all our friends and family who may be in for a visit as well as anyone travelling on business. It just doesnt get any better than this.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank XRSpeedealer
Philadelphia
Reviewed December 19, 2007

While I wouldn't recommend going to Oklahoma City, if you must I suggest staying here.

The service was excellent for my three day visit and the staff took the time to give me personal attention. The free shuttle around town was a life saver.

Everything was top-drawer, from the cleanliness and style of the guest rooms to the friendliness of the hotel bartender. One even gave us suggestions on other bars to visit around town.

Basically I've never written a review for a hotel before, but decided I needed to start after staying at this hotel.

• Liked — The customer service & large bathrooms.
  • Disliked — It was in Oklahoma City.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
redlands,ca
Reviewed November 27, 2007

My wife and I have been in many hotels between Venice, Italy and Maui, Hawaii and this hotel is as good as any we've stayed in. Service was great. The receptionist printed out our boarding passes at the front desk and delivered them to our room. The room was large with very modern furniture. The furniture was in very good condition. The bed was very comfortable. The beds were custom made for the Colcord and, according to literature we found in the hotel room, can be purchased from the manufacturer. At the bedside was a stereo guests can connect an iPod or shuffle to. A coffee maker and hair dryer were in the room. The room television was a flat panel Philips. The hotel is across the street from the Myriad Gardens and the Botanical Garden and 3 blocks from Bricktown, where many restaurants are located. A complimentary shuttle in the form of a Cadillac Escalade, is available to take guests to Bricktown and to and from the airport. Will Rogers Airport is about a 20 minute drive from the Colcord.

• Liked — service, easy, fast wifi access, location
  • Disliked — no printer in business center,tv in room showed significant pixelation when viewed closely, shower had no hand rails but I assume some rooms had accessible showers
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business