“Cowboy Chic conveniently located in the country in The City”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oklahoma City
Rusty Gables Guest Lodge & Gallery
san jose, ca
“Cowboy Chic conveniently located in the country in The City”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I found Rusty Gables on Trip Adviser, and the reviews did not steer me wrong. Rusty Gables is surprisingly close to downtown OKC, I-35, and I-44, but feels like it's out in the country. Country/Cowboy decor is not my personal taste, but Don Paul and Sam have done a good job of creating spaces that are more chic than kitsch.

We stayed in Emerald Glen, and the room truly is spacious and well-appointed. We requested an early check-in, so the innkeepers (who both have "day" jobs) arranged to have someone meet us to accommodate our request, which I really appreciated. After a very relaxing in-room massage, Mother Nature treated us to a downpour. Watching the rain fall from the porch of Rusty Gables was a relaxing experience. When it cleared up, we headed out for dinner and then back to our room, where I enjoyed the enormous whirlpool tub and shower.

I was a bit concerned that, between our early arrival, the massages, the storm, and dinner, we hadn't seen our hosts, but my concern was for nothing. When the literature in the room indicated that Monday-Thursday they provide a continental breakfast, I was a bit disappointed, but my disappointment was also for nothing. We came out of our rooms to find a delicious egg and potato dish, fresh biscuits, and fruit salad. If that's their idea of a continental breakfast, I'd love to see what they do on the weekends! Don Paul was able to visit with us over breakfast, and I enjoyed hearing about their horses and their plans for Rusty Gables.

I do prefer a softer mattress, but as a whole I'd return to Rusty Gables in a heartbeat if I'm in Oklahoma City again in the future. I only wish we'd been able to stay for two nights. Sam and Don Paul truly care about their inn and their guests and want everyone to feel at home and comfortable during their stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stlogan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2010

My husband and I found Rusty Gables on the website. We do try to stay at B&B's if at all possible on our way to visit each of our 50 states. Well, I must say, that my words plus the other reviews are dead on! Sam and Don, the innkeepers, do every and anything to make sure that our stay was - well - perfect! You can tell that they love what they do in life which spills over to the kindness that they have for their guests. Sam and Don have a great love for their horses, their dogs and Oklahoma art which is proudly desplayed in the main room. We stayed in the Emerald Glen suite. I cannot think of a thing that they missed in making our stay - great. From the mini fridge stocked with different sodas - the popcorn they provide just waiting to be popped in the microwave - the satellite TV with a handy guide - the extra large room - wait until you hop on that bed, you would have thought you had died and gone to heaven - the fireplace area (we were there when this was not needed but it made the look and feel of the room that much more special) - now don't even get me started on the best B & B bathroom BAR NONE! The bathroom has everything you could possibly imagine - from the smallest necessity to the unforgettable shower and jacuzzi. There is a private entrance and you can park your car right next to your room. Sam knows how to cook a great breakfast - do not pass this up! Everything was top drawer and even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy what they serve! If Sam is not there in the morning for breakfast, conversation with Don will do the trick. Both fun to be around. As other reviewers have said, you feel like you are very far away from the hustle and bustle of the city life but the ranch is just a few minutes from downtown OKC - amazing! If you love the look of this ranch, the look of the rooms on the website - you will not be disapointed! It was an overall fantastic experience that I hope others will enjoy like we did.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed March 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed here last fall and had the best time. This place is absolutely perfect. First of all, the house itself is beautiful. I loved all the Western art and design. Our room was spectacular and huge. I don't think I've ever stayed in a room that large. The bathroom alone was probably larger than my bedroom at home. Everything was beautiful with two sitting areas, a fireplace, an enormous bathroom with seperate shower and jacuzzi, and a stocked mini fridge. The breakfast was hearty and Western. It was one of the best breakfasts I've had at a bed and breakfast. The hosts were friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect.

The inside was great but the outside was ever better. They compete in rodeos and raise and train quarter horses. I loved seeing the horses and playing with the dogs. They also offer trail rides. Unfortunately, we didn't have time on this trip. I hope we can return for another trip when we have more time.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jechath
ITALY
Reviewed August 21, 2008

I generally opt for B&B to arrange my vacation, but this is the first time I have tried an experience like this. We booked the fabolous "Emerald Glen Suite" but the pictures on the website couldn't make you understand how beautiful is the place. Sooo big, so quiet, so elegant. It was simply a dream, nothing less. Sam and Don, the owners, have decided to have only two rooms at this new inn and each room is approximately 700 square feet. I can't find the right words to describe how beautiful was our room! To get total relax you'll find a walk-in shower and a jacuzzi tub for two, equipped with candles and various bath amenities. You will find also a fridge (with so many drinks) plus popcorn to be prepared in the microwave! There is also a fireplace (which we obviously didn't use as it was summer!). The room has also a private entrance with parking.
The room and the property in general reflect the style of these great owners, who always take care of EVRYTHING. The attention to details is really of impact! We will never forget how beautifully decorated was the Emerald suite as we have never experienced something like that! Another thing: don't miss the breakfast for any reason!! We can only suggest to try it!
Position: simply perfect. The property is located in a very quiet area, but only 5 minutes from all the attractions and the restaurants of Oklahoma City.
We definetely will come back and we can only recommend this beautiful place to EVERYONE!

• Liked — Assistance, professional staff, cleaning, originality
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Just returned from a stay at Rusty Gables. I agree 101% with the other reviewers. But I must add that this is the best B & B experience I've ever had! Go before it's featured in the New York Times and Architectural Digest!

• Liked — It was perfect!
  • Disliked — It was perfect!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank miloumilou
Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2007

After seeing the beautiful "Emerald Glen Suite" we booked online, I prepared myself that the room we would be staying in would not be as big as depicted in the pictures. But it was as big or bigger! With only two rooms at the new inn, each room is 700 square feet. They are both beautifully decorated with a walk-in shower and a jacuzzi tub for two. Each room also has a private entrance with parking outside your door on this 30 acre ranch within the city limits of OKC. Just a mile east of I-35, we were very close to all the city attractions and restaurants. But we enjoyed just staying in our room, lighting the candles provided, putting on one of the satellite stations on the TV for music, turning on the fireplace and enjoying the romantic atmosphere. With about a dozen light switches, we could set the mood with lighting, as well. White plush robes, a stocked mini-fridge, microwave and many other five-star ammenities provided that we didn't have to leave the room! But, of course, we were prompt for the gourmet breakfast each morning. Nicholosi, one of the owners, has a family history of restauranteurs. So his cooking was fantastic. Friendly but respectful of privacy, the hosts asked if they could "fluff' our room while we were out the next day. We returned to find fresh towels, bed made and the glass shower and the jacuzzi tub wiped spotless. The common room, where we were served breakfast each morning, is also an art gallery with a view of the tree-filled property. There we could find VHS and DVD movies to borrow to watch in our room, eat the afternoon snacks provided or pop the microwave popcorn. We couldn't have asked for more. This is an excellent Bed and Breakfast with unlimited luxury. Relax and enjoy.

• Liked — Jacuzzi tub for two!
  • Disliked — That I don't own it and get to enjoy it all the time.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sweetman47
AZ
Reviewed September 8, 2006

My wife and I stayed in this gorgeous, custom built home for one night in August 2006. In a word this place is AWESOME, close to busy downtown Oklahoma City, but far enough away you feel you are in your own private place.
Sam and Don are gracious hosts who cannot do enough to ensure the comfort of their guests. They are welcoming, friendly people who made us feel at home.
The two guest suites are very large, very private, and elegantly decorated. There is no detail that has been omitted in these two rooms or the home.
Breakfast was delicious.
This is a place you could return to often.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Come here to relax and enjoy the surroundings