“Very Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
“Very Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The Good:
- Great Location. Easy walk to most of the attractions of Bricktown, including the baseball park and Cheasapeake Center, as well as many solid eateries and clubs.

- Vast attention to service and upkeep of the place. Spotless in their facilities and their customer service. 5 star in those regards.

- Solid, free internet service.

The less good:
- I know you are paying for location, but be warned, the parking is steep with either the self park or valet service. Both are, as per the standard of the place, delivered with wonderful service though, so the sting seems less though. But it's still there, and it does ding my review by a star.

Other:

Didn't partake of the pool or onsite eats, so no opinions on that - though I would have expectations given the high standard this place exudes.

The split nature of the hotel may be a bit confusing to some.

Room Tip: Get a baseball stadium view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Claire W, Sales Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City – Bricktown, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hello BCC1972,

Thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and also the area of the hotel as there are many options for entertainment in Bricktown as you noted in your review. We take pride in delivering cleanliness and wonderful service and we always strive to exceed guest expectations. Being in a downtown market, we do our best with the options available to us for parking and hope that the exemplary service provided by our valet team gave you an experience to remember while staying at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon and we appreciate your business!

Claire W.
Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Bricktown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
kansas city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

this is an extremely clean and quiet hotel in a part of town that is on the upswing. Everything is new - the furnishings are new, the linens clean, the halls quiet and the staff friendly. there was a nice mix of business travelers, couples and families. Also, there was a pretty amazing selections of cable channels. I used the business center but not the in room internet or fitness center.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Laura L,

Thank you so much for taking time out to review our new hotel. We appreciate the feedback from guests so we can continue to provide outstanding services. We are happy to hear of your experience at our hotel and that everything exceeded your expectations from the cleanliness to the friendliness of the staff. We hope to have you back with us again soon and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable next time, please don't hesitate to ask! Thank you again for your business!
77459, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

A very nice comfortable hotel to stay in. I stayed at this hotel one week after opening. However, I have stayed several times since then. So I have had a few times to come to a conclusion about my stays. I have to say out of EVERYTHING I look for, CLEANINESS is MOST important. Food and presentation is next. After all is said and done I would definitely recommend this hotel. Hotel also has views of baseball fields.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Claire W, Sales Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City – Bricktown, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Evelyn H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of our new hotel in Oklahoma City Bricktown. Cleanliness is something we take pride in delivering to all of our guests along with outstanding food and service. Thank you so much for recognizing our attention to detail when it comes to exceeding our guests expectations, especially in these two areas. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again when you return to Oklahoma City.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This new hotel is splendidly clean, and met most of the expectations I had for my recent stay in Bricktown....until coming back to it after a Saturday night on the town.
I sat and watched the crowds leaving the nearby bars, with nine police cars lined up out in front! One woman was surrounded by officers when she crossed the street without shoes on. They even called the fire dept and ambulance for her, though she eventually left with friends. I later found out that two stabbings had occurred in the alley behind this hotel one week earlier.
So, you may ask why is this important in a hotel review? Because I happen to be a single female traveler. No matter how nice a hotel is, above all, I want to feel safe. I cancelled my second nights stay and changed hotels.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
LaShonda H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City – Bricktown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014

We appreciate your feedback for our hotel in Bricktown. We aim to provide a clean hotel from the lobby to our rooms, I am glad that our cleanliness met your expectations.

I am sorry to hear that you did not feel safe when returning to the hotel at night. We have two Oklahoma City police officer's stationed at our hotel on weekends to ensure guest safety. Please contact me directly at the hotel, I would like to discuss if there is anything we can do for you.

My apologies,
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I surprised my son with a trip to OKC by train and opted for the Hilton Garden Inn because it was only a short walk from the train station. Being it is a newer hotel my expectations were high and they didn't disappoint.

Location is great - close to the train station and all the action of Bricktown. But not so close that it is loud. Check-in was easy. I did check prices online the night before and saw the rate had dropped considerably so I called and was able to get the lower rate. Saved me about $50 a night.

The thing that struck me as odd was the hotel is actually two Hilton properties in one. I had never seen this before. Homewood Suites was right beside the Garden Inn. They had separate lobbies but shared elevators and pool.

We were given a room on the baseball stadium side. Since we were on the third floor we could only see home plate. You can pay extra and get a room overlooking the stadium. Which I would have done except we got into town so late on that Friday that the game was almost over and I had tickets for the game the next night. The only drawn back was the outside of the windows were really spotted. But I'm sure it's hard to keep the windows clean when they don't open. The room is a nice length but rather tight between the beds and the TV/Desk. Very clean with LOTS of towels. Normally we check into a hotel with three of us and have 4 towels. This trip there was only 2 of us and we had 6 towels. Plush and large. The AC worked well and didn't make noise like a lot of them do. There is a coffee maker and fridge. Be sure to turn it up when you get into the room as most turn the setting down when guests leave. I could hear water most of the time while in the bathroom but I'll come back to that.

I was surprised to discover that breakfast was not part of the room. My fault - I should have read the listing better. It states made to order breakfast but it's through the restaurant and it's almost $10 a piece for breakfast. There is an IHOP right behind the hotel and we discovered that Fuzzy's a couple blocks over serves breakfast tacos and burritos. We went to IHOP and shared the breakfast sampler for under $10.

We left the hotel at around 9:00 for breakfast ans when we returned at 10:30 the room was already made up. Fast considering that most hotels I've stayed at will concentrate on getting the turn around rooms done first then coming back to the overnighters. I tipped more than usual because I appreciated this.

When we peeked into the pool the night of arrival it was over-run by kids. I'm sure it didn't help that the two hotels shared the pool. The picture of the pool made it appear larger than what it really is. We waited until early afternoon on the next day to hit the jacuzzi and there was only one child with parent. The jacuzzi was nice and hot.

So back to the water running. I took a shower after the jacuzzi and before I jumped it I could hear the water in the wall. It sounded so loud, rushing sound. I went into the sleeping area and I couldn't hear it. I thought man these people next door take a lot of showers. I got my shower and when I got out I could still hear it. I almost called the front desk because it seriously sounded like a water had burst in the wall but it stopped. When we stepped out later I discovered we were next to the linen room. So I assumed that all the linen rooms (washers) were in the same area through the hotel (it has 9 floors and we were on the 3rd). I continued to hear the water throughout our stay but chalked it up to washer dumping.

The morning of departure I awake to find water on the bathroom floor running into the sleeping quarters. The strange thing was it wasn't coming from the outside wall but appeared to be coming from the inside wall. I left it there so they could get a sense of where the water was coming from and reported it at the front desk. I wasn't expecting anything but the hotel clerk (I'm sorry I forgot the check her name tag) told me the last night was to be credited. I great surprise.

Let me add that at first I wasn't sure about the service. It's my understanding that if you reserve a room and you don't show up by 6 the room is charged. We weren't going to arrive until after 9 because we were coming in by train. As we were exiting the train I get a phone call from the hotel asking if I was still coming. I really wasn't sure what to think of this since after all it was after 6 and I was going to be charged for the room whether I made it there or not. I didn't know what to think about it. If they needed the room and I wasn't coming would they have waved the charged? Then when we entered the hotel 15 minutes later the clerk was on the phone. She put the person on hold and instead of acknowledging us she continued to check something on the computer and move behind the desk without any acknowledgement. Finally she finished up with the phone call and took care of us. While it wasn't the worst service it wasn't a great start. I did find that as the visit went on everyone was very socialable. Even the gentleman picking up trash off the grass asked up how our day was going.

All in all it was a great visit. If I had the opportunity to stay again I would.

Room Tip: Check beforehand if there is a game. If there is it might be worth the extra money to request a ball...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
LaShonda H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City – Bricktown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Greetings seauonboard,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that our location & proximity to the train station made your stay more enjoyable. Our goal is to meet the expectations of all guests to ensure their stay is 100% satisfactory. We are one of the first dual branded Hilton Garden/Homewood hotels in Oklahoma, be on the look out in other downtown cities, more dual brands are being built.

Thank you for the feedback about the exterior windows, the water sound & leakage in the bathroom; I will share this with our maintenance team. We will work on seeing what is causing the issue, I truly appreciate you sharing this with us.

Kudos to our housekeeping team for servicing your room so quickly. We have an amazing housekeeping team and it nice to know it shows to our guests as well.

I apologize that the pool was busy when you peeked in, however it is good news to hear that you were able to experience it the next day.

We will work on our verbiage with the guest pre-welcome telephone calls, our goal is to anticipate your arrival ensuring room type is accurate, number of guests arriving with you and get details on what we can do for you prior to your stay. I apologize that your check-in experience was not top notch, this will be addressed with the team. Our goal is to acknowledge each & every guest, even when on the telephone.

Seauonboard, thank you many times over for posting this review regarding our hotel. I will share all of the content with our team. It is because of feedback like yours that we will stay sharp and get better every day. We hope to welcome you & your son again in the future.

Clinton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Staff was so helpful. Breakfast was delicious with made to order choices done perfectly. Excellent location and rooms. Valet parking was prompt and trouble free. We enjoyed the roomy lobby for visiting and drinks.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello 1968Crowdog,

Thank you for choosing our new Hilton Garden in Bricktown. We aim to be helpful to all guests and I am glad that we were able to make you feel welcome during your stay. Thank you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stay in hotels all the time, and I want pass along my very best cheers and compliments to the staff from the HGI Brick town/OKC. From the valet, to the Front Desk, and even the occasional housekeeper or maintenance guy that I walked by in the hotel - every single person asked me how i was and wished me a since day. Truly refreshing! Will absolutely stay again. Oh yeah, the rooms were fantastic and I had a room overlooking the ballpark which was a nice surprise.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the ballpark...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott S
LaShonda H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City – Bricktown, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Greetings Scott S,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to share feedback about our hotel. Reading a comment from a seasoned traveler like yourself that we are one of the best staffs that you have seen in a hotel in a long time is wonderful! I will share your comments with our team and we hope to welcome you again in the future. Thank you choosing us!