“Awesome BBQ, Great Atmosphere, Kid Freindly”
Review of Shorty Small's

Shorty Small's
Ranked #9 of 1,696 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: We are now located in a new and improved location on Meridian. No longer located on Reno, just minutes from the State Fair Park and Brockton! Locally owned and managed for over 25 years!
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had 3 adults and 4 kids (7,5,3,1) with us. It is very kid friendly, great atmosphere, awesome food and splendid service. The ribs are fall of the bone and brisket melts in your mouth. Kids loved their mini cheese pizza's. For an app, try the mozzarella sticks....they are HUGE and full of REAL mozzarella. The BBQ chicken is really good too. Great place too eat. If you order the Macho Nacho's, beware, the name says it all. Want one of these restaurants back in Iowa.

Bill_GM_OKC, General Manager at Shorty Small's, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your visit to Shorty Small's. We're pretty proud of our of friendly service, and even more proud of our delicious ribs, Macho Nachos, BBQ Chicken and our gigantic Mozzarella Cheese Sticks. Thank you for the kind words, we hope to see you next time you're passin' though!

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

It was my first visit to a shorty smalls and I found the food pretty good but it was a little pricey unless you paid for some kind of a members card that would make your meal cheaper. The service however was lacking I had to go through almost my whole meal with my glass empty. Probably wont go back to this franchise

Bill_GM_OKC, General Manager at Shorty Small's, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Hello Beverly, thank you for the kind words about the quality of your food, I'm glad your meal was tasty! I do apologize that your beverage refills were slow, certainly it is our goal and our pleasure to provide timely refills and check back as needed to fulfill any need as it may arise. If you have the opportunity to visit one of our locations, please let me know. I want to make this up to you! Please Visit us in Little Rock or Jonesboro, Arkansas, Branson, MO or right back here in OKC! Thank you for your feedback!

Bill,
GM, Shorty Small's OKC

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Took my daughter here for dinner. She is usually a pretty picky eater, when it comes to dining out, and will almost always order just a simple hamburger/fries. I encouraged her to try the Chicken Fried Chicken Pasta and she loved it! Our waitress was extremely helpful and had a great sense of humor; however the greeter wasn't very pleasant. (Can't win 'em all) I recommend this place to everyone, for a good variety of food, and a good family-friendly atmosphere.

Wow, satisfying a "picky eater" is high praise! I'm so glad your daughter enjoyed her meal and you found our restaurant to be a new favorite for your family! We look forward to seeing you again!

GM, Shorty Small's OKC

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Enjoyed dinner at Shorty Smalls! The waiter waiter was attentive and polite . The food was good. We had burgers, brisket, shrimp platter, and a kids chicken tenders plate. Our food was hot. No one had complaints. There was a lot of chewing going on.

Thank you, Debra, for the wonderful comments about your food and service at Shorty Small's! I'm so glad your meals were hot, delicous and satisfying and that your service was so delightful! We look forward to seeing you again in OKC!

GM, Shorty Small's!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good food, great staff, owners club is the way to go. Shotry's is the modern day Cheers for our family.

Thank you, John, for your kind words about the great food and staff to be found at Shorty Small's OKC! Your right, the Owner's Club is a fantastic deal - for a small monthly fee, get your entire meal half price! Choose any appetizer, any entree, any soft drink and any dessert and pay just 50%! And these are full-size portions off our regular menu, nothing held back! It is perhaps the best kept secret in OKC! Thanks for helping spread the word - and sharing the secret of our Owners' Club!

GM, Shorty Small's