“Not good food!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shorty Small's Restaurant

Shorty Small's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 1,627 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have moved to a new and improved location on Meridian. No longer located on Reno, just 2 minutes down the road on Meridian.
ivelostmyself
“Not good food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I was in the mood for some good BBQ. My teenage daughter had been here and told me it wasn't good, but I wanted to try it. We were quickly seated and our waiter was very friendly and prompt. I was under the impression it was a BBQ place, but there wasn't hardly any BBQ on the menu, and none on the children's menu. I was disappointed there was no sausage, but ordered the brisket and rib plate for $17. It went further downhill when the food came out. My ribs were so dry and burned (not just blackened on the outside from smoking or grilling, but burned) I couldn't eat them. It was a cross between charcoal and boot leather. The brisket had no flavor, and was more fat than meat. I actually like fat, but I like the meat too and there wasn't any here. There was a large order of fries on my plate (no potato salad served) along with a hard biscuit and a bowl of cabbage with no dressing for cole slaw. All-in-all, we had 2 adult plates and 3 kid meals and spent almost $70 for bad food. However, my 5 year old liked his mac'n cheese and the dinner salad my daighter had was great. We had good service so I left a good tip, but I will not darken their doorstep again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bill_GM_OKC, General Manager at Shorty Small's Restaurant, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I'm sorry your ribs and brisket weren't delicious. Glad to hear you enjoyed the salad and your server. Our goal always is to serve great food with friendly service, and we strive constantly for excellence. If you would e-mail me at bill@shortysmalls.com, I'd love to make this up to you. Thanks for giving me a chance to fix this for you!

mustang
“Very Disapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

went with my son and his family to Shorty smalls for dinner the other night it seems like the quality of food has really gone down, food was cold and under cooked, The manager was good enough to deduct from the price on the food we just could not eat, I have not always have bad luck with Shorty Smalls and this was unfortunate because I have been happy with the food before, I don't know if I will cance it again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mymimimart
Thank you very much for your patronage over the years! I'm glad the manager on duty took care of you and adjusted your ticket. I hope we'll see you again! Feel free to contact me at bill@shortysmalls.com if ever I can be of assistance!
MN
“The slowest waiter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The food was on the average plus side - I had combo ribs/brisket, the brisket being the best of the two & I'd go back for it. My wife had a salad and said it was good. Down side, it took forever for our food to get to us. We noticed two parties, 4 people in each, that placed their order after we did and got their meals delivered before us - they had a different waiter. My crispy fries were cool, and the baked beans were not warm at all. I think our waiter forgot about us and our order set under the heat lamps for about 15 minutes. We'll probably hit some of the other bar-b-q restaurants next time we're in OKC.

Visited November 2012
So glad the brisket and salad were good enough to return for. Our goal always is to serve fresh, hot and tasty food with friendly, attentive service. Please e-mail me at bill@shortysmalls.com so that I can fix this for you. Cheers!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The ribs were excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick dinner with my colleague and this place was perfect. The portions were generous, the food was good and the service was great.

Covina, California
“Don't miss these good ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were disappointed to discover SHORTY SMALLS are no longer in Branson, Mo, due to this years tornado damage .. but we were able to find them in Oklahoma City where we discovered the same good ribs we remembered and only wish we had more days to spend in the area so we could try the catfish as well. The cobbler, also, was just as good a dessert treat as ever .,. service was excellent and very friendly .. Ribs will have us coming back next time we are doing a cross country road trip. Give them a try .. they also are working at a relocation in Branson, MO.

• Visited September 2012