“OK, not the greatest” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Pittsburgh
“OK, not the greatest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2006

I stayed at the OKC Crowne Plaza June 2-5. First impressions, the lobby is nice, and the staff is friendly. The elevators, only 2, are very small and at times took forever. We stayed on the 9th floor. The overall look of the room and furniture was nice. Friends that stayed on the 3rd floor said that their furniture was no where near the 'quality' of ours. The shower had a nice 'grantie' look to it and was clean (nice seals and all) but was without a door. The only door was outside the sink area,,,which made getting ready a challenge when someone else was in the bathroom or shower.

The beds were nice and rather comfortable and the room size overall was decent - especially since we used the room just to get ready and sleep. However the biggest drawback was the air conditioner. It rarely worked. Both nights we had to call the front desk to send up maintenance. We were told that if we set the thermostat below 68 degrees it would kick off the system. What good is that in OKC? After they fixed it the first night, the room got down to about 72 (from 83). But the second day, it stayed around 75. The front desk said they were receiving many complaints about the AC...so hopefully they'll do an overhaul of the system.

Also, the whirlpool was out of service and the pool was a bit dirty looking.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank end102

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Jenks, OK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2006

My wife and I just stayed at the OKC Crowne Plaza this weekend because of a wedding. The wedding party had a block of rooms for a reduced rate of $75.
The hotel is obviously older and needs some work. I had heard that the hotel had some remodeling done, but I couldn't tell where.
The water temp was an issue. I hope you like brushing your teeth in hot water!! Friends of ours were on the 9th floor and said that they had to take cold showers.

The elevators are pretty small for the size of the hotel and they take a while so be prepared to wait on an elevator.

I stay in hotels almost weekly for work, so I have stayed in a lot worse places. I guess with the name Crowne Plaza I was expecting a little more.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank bsucardinal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2006

I was extremely nervous about staying at this hotel after reading the previous reviews, but was very pleased when I walked into my room. Gorgeous! The room was definitely of Westin or W Hotel quality. Much better than I expected, especially for the $42 I paid on Priceline. The room came with Crowne Plaza "Sleep Advantage" amenities, including a relaxation CD, lavender linen spray, a blindfold, and ear plugs. Beautiful granite bathroom. Friendly staff and the public areas of the hotel are nice too. The pool area looked very inviting. Although I asked for a room on an upper floor, I didn't see any evidence of any ongoing remodeling, so it would appear that the hotel's renovations have been completed. Would absolutely recommend this hotel and will definitely plan to stay here again on my next visit to Oklahoma City.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank rduncan206
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2006

I stayed here on a priceline $45 a night for 3 nights. I did request upper level floor and gave them my rewards membership. They never mentioned priceline at all during check in.

Nice hotel, very quiet, and great value. The staff, including housekeeping, was very attentive. It is a small lobby and the bathrooms are small. Still, I was happy.

From my experience, I would not hesitate a recommendation.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2006

After I got this hotel for $50 for a one night stay through Price Line I read some of the reviews that others posted. It made me kind of worry at first. I took the time to email the hotel to ask for a room that had been remodeled. Within a few hours they emailed me back letting me know that it had been done. I found out from someone that worked there that floors 7-9 had been updated and I was put in room 707. It was a very nice room with a great view. The hotel itself is located in a nice part of Oklahoma City too.

I found the people there to be very friendly and accomodating. We did have one problem with only having hot water for a time and no cold. They immediatley took care of the problem.

I personally have no complaints and would reccommend this place. Especially in the summer. The pool area looks to be very nice.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2006

My husband and I booked this hotel for one night using Priceline (we paid $60.00). Although the hotel was advertised as a three star establishment, it certainly did not reach that standard. Our room was old and in need of remodeling (especially the bathroom). When we arrived there was not an alarm clock in the room, and also no towels. In the morning the shower had only ice cold water, and the bathtub didn't drain.

When we complained to the staff at check-out, the response we received was, "I'm so sorry...let's see, you book through Priceline? Well have a nice day." When we returned from our vacation I contacted Priceline to complain. Priceline contacted the hotel to verify our complaints, and the hotel manager told them that a) they would have never responded in that way, and b) they were unable to verify our complaints. Because the hotel stay lied and failed to take responsibility, Priceline has refused to refund our money.

I would not stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2005

No heat in December! In the morning we let the front desk know that we had gone all night without heat, and she said "thanks for letting us know". This was probably a really nice hotel 10 or 15 years ago, but now it is in serious need of updating and reapairs. The drain was completely clogged, and it just seemed run-down. The price was good, and the location is convenient but I would be willing to pay more for a nicer hotel and we will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2005