“Great hotel!”

Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City
Ranked #93 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2006

I was extremely nervous about staying at this hotel after reading the previous reviews, but was very pleased when I walked into my room. Gorgeous! The room was definitely of Westin or W Hotel quality. Much better than I expected, especially for the $42 I paid on Priceline. The room came with Crowne Plaza "Sleep Advantage" amenities, including a relaxation CD, lavender linen spray, a blindfold, and ear plugs. Beautiful granite bathroom. Friendly staff and the public areas of the hotel are nice too. The pool area looked very inviting. Although I asked for a room on an upper floor, I didn't see any evidence of any ongoing remodeling, so it would appear that the hotel's renovations have been completed. Would absolutely recommend this hotel and will definitely plan to stay here again on my next visit to Oklahoma City.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank rduncan206

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2006

I stayed here on a priceline $45 a night for 3 nights. I did request upper level floor and gave them my rewards membership. They never mentioned priceline at all during check in.

Nice hotel, very quiet, and great value. The staff, including housekeeping, was very attentive. It is a small lobby and the bathrooms are small. Still, I was happy.

From my experience, I would not hesitate a recommendation.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2006

After I got this hotel for $50 for a one night stay through Price Line I read some of the reviews that others posted. It made me kind of worry at first. I took the time to email the hotel to ask for a room that had been remodeled. Within a few hours they emailed me back letting me know that it had been done. I found out from someone that worked there that floors 7-9 had been updated and I was put in room 707. It was a very nice room with a great view. The hotel itself is located in a nice part of Oklahoma City too.

I found the people there to be very friendly and accomodating. We did have one problem with only having hot water for a time and no cold. They immediatley took care of the problem.

I personally have no complaints and would reccommend this place. Especially in the summer. The pool area looks to be very nice.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2006

My husband and I booked this hotel for one night using Priceline (we paid $60.00). Although the hotel was advertised as a three star establishment, it certainly did not reach that standard. Our room was old and in need of remodeling (especially the bathroom). When we arrived there was not an alarm clock in the room, and also no towels. In the morning the shower had only ice cold water, and the bathtub didn't drain.

When we complained to the staff at check-out, the response we received was, "I'm so sorry...let's see, you book through Priceline? Well have a nice day." When we returned from our vacation I contacted Priceline to complain. Priceline contacted the hotel to verify our complaints, and the hotel manager told them that a) they would have never responded in that way, and b) they were unable to verify our complaints. Because the hotel stay lied and failed to take responsibility, Priceline has refused to refund our money.

I would not stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Oklahoma City hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2005

No heat in December! In the morning we let the front desk know that we had gone all night without heat, and she said "thanks for letting us know". This was probably a really nice hotel 10 or 15 years ago, but now it is in serious need of updating and reapairs. The drain was completely clogged, and it just seemed run-down. The price was good, and the location is convenient but I would be willing to pay more for a nicer hotel and we will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2005

I have to admit I wasn't sure what to expect since I had heard that this was än older hotel but I was very happy when I walked into my room. The hotel has recently had a major renovation and I was lucky enough to be placed on the 9th floor in one of the updated executive rooms. It was the BEST room I have had all year in this price range. My only complaint was that I had trouble regulating the temperature of my room. The hallway was freezing!

I was given tickets for a free breakfast buffet each morning since I am a priority club member. Both the breakfast and the two dinners I had in the cafe were great!

I will definitely stay here if my future travels bring me back to OKC!

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank Loree L
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2005

We stayed here for 2 nights after getting a great price through Priceline. Unlike many other reviews here, we were NOT treated like second class citizens as priceline customers. Rather, the hotel staff was very courteous and professional at all times.

Our only complaint was the poor housekeeping. Our bathroom needed cleaning upon our 11:00PM arrival, which hotel management took care of promptly. Housekeeping failed to clean the coffee mugs and coffee maker, and also didn't replenish the coffee supplies after cleaning the room.

• Stayed September 2005