“Nice, but missing amenities I have come to expect”

Wyndham Oklahoma City
Ranked #105 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed two weeknights and got one of the rooms across from the pool. The room itself was nice and had recent updates, but the trek across the grounds was a bit much. After checking in, we found a gate on the other side of the room leading to the side lot; it would be helpful to mention this to guests at the far end of the pool upon check in.

The laundry room near our room was being remodeled, and there was a sign that said that the ice maker was relocated temporarily to the "new laundry." when I asked the front desk for directions, they sent me to the same room that was under renovation. In their defense, they did send someone to the room with ice, and the manager brought me ice the next morning when I went looking for it again.

The aforementioned gate felt like a security concern and didn't make our room -- the nearest to the gate -- feel particularly safe. The whole time of our visit, the gate was propped open, and there was a ladder leaned against the wall blocking the security camera. We didn't see anyone other than hotel staff use it though.

The amenities in the room were very nice. We particularly liked the bedding and pillows on the bed. The room didn't have a fridge, but we didn't ask about availability after checking in. Also, the air conditioner blew exceptionally cold air (too cold) when it was on, so even if you turned it up, the room went from hot to cold to hot...

The staff at the front desk was very helpful as was Latecia (I hope that's right) up in the club lounge. The snacks and drinks in the club lounge were the highlight of the stay, and we were surprised how few others took advantage of it. Perhaps other days are busier.

Overall we liked the hotel and would stay here again (but would ask for a room in the tower).

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower unless you plan to spend lots of time in the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Melissa G, Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear KentV,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. We are currently undergoing renovations to better meet the needs of our hotels guests such as building a guest laundry facility. I greatly apologize we failed to mention the ice machine by the cabana rooms is temporarily out of order. We also are completing work on our roof top thus the reason for the ladder. For safety purposes it does not block the security camera and we can see all of our guests coming and going from the property.
Upon your next visit, please feel free to email me at mgolub@cpokc.com so I can ensure you have a comfortable room in the tower with nice views.
We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve upon our services.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This location was on the "runner friendly" list for the OKC memorial marathon. They also booked a prom with an in credibly loud DJ that played music at its highest volume until midnight. The hotel obviously didn't have the forethought to think about putting runners on higher floors as the party was in the basement of the hotel and I could hear every word the DJ yelled until 11:30pm. If runners didn't have to be up at 4:00am, it may not have been that big of an issue. After 7 calls to the front desk and no results, we gave up. Don't claim to be a "race friendly" or "runner friendly" hotel if you are booking DJ/dance parties the same night. AWFUL!!! The genius in their sales department that did that should get out of hospitality.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Chelsea2013,

Thank you for your review from your stay with us this past Saturday. While our hotel was extremely busy accommodating several different groups, the overall feedback was extremely positive from all of our guests. The staff made special arrangements to assign our guests that booked the special OKC Marathon rate in rooms away from our guests having evening activities to ensure a good nights sleep. Unfortunately we did have marathon participants book outside of the group block and we had no way of knowing otherwise. The team at the Crowne Plaza OKC takes pride in ensuring our guests are satisfied with their stay. Should you participate in the marathon next year, please make sure to book under the OKC Marathon Block so we can ensure an undisturbed nights sleep.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Overall very nice property. Hotel van was at the airport but would not drop me off at Hertz rental location on Meridian on the way back to hotel so I had to get a cab instead. Upon check in, my confirmed upgrade to the club level had disappeared and only after I presented my confirmation for the club level was I given a club level room. At first I was told they were sold out. Rooms are nice but the door frames and molding are old and worn as are the actual doors. Looks like remodel was done but they saved money not replacing the doors or trim. Room relatively clean and new. Bed was very comfortable and internet speed was good. Concierge was nice with free snacks and drinks with a drink coupon from front desk. Free breakfast was awesome. I really appreciated the good french toast, bacon, real oatmeal, and fresh fruit. It also included coffee and juice. Very nice tables to eat at and service was excellent. Free parking. I would like to see a better shuttle service for government guests to the airport and local rent a car companies. I will go back. Club level upgrade and great breakfast are worth retuning for. Views are nice too. Just don't take away my confirmed upgrade next time. No recognition for Platinum membership or any point bonus or welcome gift. Hopefully next time. Consider offering a rent a car package for government employees like the HI airport does. Oh, and pool and spa were closed with 82 degree temps outside. PLease make them open year round.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Happy K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize we were unable to accommodate your request to take you to Hertz on Meridian. Our shuttle service is provided complimentary to our hotel guests within a 3-mile radius. We only provide transportation to the airport for our contracted airline crew members. We appreciate your kind words regarding our guest rooms, IHG rewards reception and quality of our breakfast food. We take pride in ensuring our hotel guests feel welcome and comfortable while at our property. As a valued Platinum IHG Rewards Member, you are entitled to a welcome gift. I apologize this was not offered to you at check-in. If you wouldn't mind, please email me at mgolub@cpokc.com so I can ensure you receive your welcome IHG bonus points.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on future travels.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Pricelined this place during a roadtrip with the kids last week. Easy to get to, Starbucks next door, nice room by the pool. Our neighbors were a bit rowdy and you could hear every word when then were outside but that's no fault of the hotel. Liked the toiletries too.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Melissa G, Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Maureen T,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza OKC for your quick overnight stay. Please let me apologize for the noise levels of the guests near your room. Should you wish to ensure a quiet nights sleep on future stays, our hotel offers a designated quiet floor away from the pool area. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The crowne plaza in OKC was an absolute fantastic facility! Our family had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was our first visit as a young family. Great breakfast buffet, I think her name was (MK?) was so helpful. The hotel was always clean and always smelling fresh. Looks like they did some upgrades to the hallways and rooms as well. Bethany at the front desk was extremely helpful and polite. The staff are very genuine and so helpful. They made us feel like we were royalty. We are already planning our next trip and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Matt P,

We are thrilled to hear you and your family had a fantastic stay at our Crowne Plaza OKC! Our hotel has gone through some recent renovations in order to positively impact our guests. Our staff is passionately committed to providing an excellent experience and we appreciate you recognizing MK and Bethany for their outstanding service. Your review means a lot to our team and fellow travelers. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forwarding to seeing you on future travels.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and had an amazing experience. The moment you walk in the hotel, we were greeted with friendly faces. The room was exceptionally clean and nice views of the city. The bed was super comfortable. The kicker though, was the Club lounge on the top floor for reward members, it had a nice atmosphere, great view of downtown and the amenities was bountiful. When we returned to my room, we noticed our room received turn-down service. Now that's SERVICE!!! It's nice to see hotels like this take care of their reward members. Most of the hotel we stay in do not treat us like this. Thank you Crowne Plaza!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Frank H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you recognized the hotel staff for their friendly service and for our efforts in making it a clean and inviting home away from home. We have recently implemented the IHG Reward Member Club Lounge four nights a week to provide a relaxing and enjoyable experience for our valued members. It's a great opportunity for us to meet travelers such as yourself and thank you for your loyalty to the brand. Our nightly turn down service is provided to our Club level members as well in order to ensure they have a great nights sleep. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza OKC and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

On a very cold, blustery storm filled night in Winter I checked in to the physical and personal warmth of this hotel. The personnel, especially everyone at the front desk, welcomed me like I was the only guest in the hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. I always saw someone cleaning, whether it was in the hallways or outside. Nice to see. The restaurants food was better than I thought,everything was delightful. My hat is off to the management team as well as all the staff who busted their rumps to go the extra mile to see that my visit was not only special but safe. The snow was treacherous. I would stay here even if it was 20 miles out of the way!!!

Room Tip: Try the Whiskey Chicken on the menu .
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Melissa G, Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Chico R,

Wow! Thank you for your thoughful comments regarding our hotel staff and services. We take pride in ensuring our guests have an excellent experience. The Whiskey Chicken is a new item on our menu and has proven to be a crowd pleaser. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza OKC and we look forward to seeing you again on future travels.