“Almost everything a girl needs.”

Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City
Ranked #93 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
“Almost everything a girl needs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Pros: shuttle service, members points, location, in house dining/bar, pleasant staff & supportive of running community
Cons: no microwave/refrigerator in room, not within walking distance of anywhere but Hooters & my chief complaint is the pool/hot tub are not indoors

• Stayed April 2013
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Happyinok,

Thank you for your business and thank you for telling us about your recent stay. The hotel is very supportive of the running community - and we are thrilled when our guests have a positive experience here. I especially appreciate your comments about our pleasant staff and many of our amenities (like the shuttle service).

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to OKC. The hotel is always looking to improve and will work with the owner on the idea of placing refrigerators in every guest room. This could possibly be a capital improvement project for 2014.

Thank you again.

Rick Guttenberger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

As a Platinum Priority Club member, I understand each property decides what perks to give members. In the last 6 months I've spent about 50 days at Crowne Plaza properties. Oklahoma City has the worst perks of any Crowne Plaza I've stayed at. 10 days ago, in a different city, they offered a concierge lounge with free beer and wine, and light snacks, in addition to your choice of a free drink at the downstairs bar, or 500 additional points. In OKC , I had my choice of a bag of chips, nuts, popcorn, or a candy bar!

I can do better than that at another chain, at a significantly lower rewards program level during my next visit.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Using Points,

First of all, thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member. We really do appreciate your business and loyalty. There must be some miscommunication about the perks Platinum members receive at the Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City. Here is what we offer Platinum members:

*Complimentary Starbucks Coffee in the lobby
*Your choice of a grab-n-go item from our pantry (soft drink, snack, etc.)
*Complimentary full breakfast buffet for two in our restaurant each day.
*Weekly PC Reception (Tuesday evenings) with complimentary drinks and snacks

I am so sorry if you did not receive each of these items during your stay. We currently do not have a Priority Club lounge but we are working on re-establishing this at some point later this year. Our past PC members have told us that they prefer a complimentary full breakfast in the restaurant over the PC lounge, but we are working to provide BOTH in the coming months.

Please let me know if I can be of service to you personally at some future point. We would love for you to return the next time your travels bring you to OKC!

Travelers are raving about these Oklahoma City hotels

okc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I made a reservation for May 3 through May 5 with a soccer team. My daughter became ill on May 3 and I called to cancel my reservation. I called the hotel and was told I will be charged for one night for cancelling within 24 hours. I understand the policy. However, my friends in OKC have told me the hotel was overbooked and prepaid customers were turned away. The room I paid for was booked by another family and they paid, too. Ethically, this is wrong, very wrong. I understand if I cancel and the room sits empty, then charge me. However, if I cancel and the room is sold, then do not charge me. I called the hotel and the front office manager, Karen, kept restating the cancellation policy. She stated she did not have the authority to refund my money. I do not see why not. If I had stayed and was overcharged, someone there at that moment should be able to fix the charge. If she can fix a charge then she can refund a charge. Please do not stay here. Their business ethics are horrible.

Room Tip: No complimentary breakfast at a hotel that charges $100 or more per night.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank crowne p
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Crowne P,

I am sorry that your daughter became ill and you had to cancel your reservation at the last minute. If you will contact me directly I am happy to work with you to reschedule your stay with us. Our booking guidelines are very clear and we do our best to make sure that these are communicated to guests at the time of booking.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 405-602-6114 or rguttenberger@cpokc.com. We do have booking guidelines but we also want to offer genuine hospitality whenever we can. I hope you will call me so we can work something out.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night on April 10, 2013 so he could go to the Liver Transplant Center at Integris Medical Center for his 2-3 times per year tests. Since he began doing these tests in 2010, which causes us to drive from Tulsa and to need a hotel room for one night, we have chosen to stay each time at this Crowne Plaza Hotel. Each time we stayed, until January, 2013, we were given a card for admittance to the Priority Club lounge on the 9th floor where we could eat breakfast, snacks, and dinner. It was a great "perk, especially for in between my husband's medical tests, which were scattered throughout the day. (The Integris Medical Center can be seen from The Crowne Plaza parking lot.). We were always also given a special rate, only if we asked for it, since my husband was an ongoing patient at the medical center. There was a Manager's Special night once a week with free beer and wine and what was called a "light meal". Meals ranged from a full hamburger meal to a variety of appetizers. Very good food, great service and those nights were always fun and drew crowds. During those years the eating area was only open for a very good buffet breakfast with eggs, cooked to order omelets, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and a fruit, cereal, muffin and bagel bar area. It is still used for that, but is now also open for dinner. In January, 2013, we stayed here and decided at 7:30pm to eat dinner in the onsite restaurant. We waited 10 minutes for service, at which time the bartender brought us menus. (The menu prices are in line with a nice restaurant's prices, not a restaurant where there is no wait staff and where no one seems to eat in the evenings!). No one else came to eat there during the 30 minutes we sat and drank water! We left and went to our room to order room service dinner. We had to call twice and finally got the bartender and learned that he is the "wait staff" in the evenings, even if he has a large number of patrons in the bar at the same time. We had to wait an hour for our sandwiches and salads since an assistant manager had to deliver our meal because the bartender could not leave the bar! This past Thursday night, after calling the restaurant three times at 6:50pm, our call was picked up at the front desk and we were told that the bartender said to call back in 6 minutes. I really don't know why we thought the scenario would be different than what we experienced in January! We were really hungry and tired so my husband walked to a restaurant next door, in 39 degree weather, and brought back two delicious meals within 20 minutes! We were also concerned about the freshness of the food listed on the Crowne Plaza dinner menu since we have never seen anyone eating in the restaurant in the evenings so there would not be meals served frequently. I read the earlier review written on April 8th, right before our visit. In the hotel manager's response, he stated that the Priority Club lounge was discontinued a while ago "due to demand of our important guests". I guess that makes everyone else unimportant! My suggestion is to go back to only having the restaurant area open for breakfast! On our recent trip, Jennifer at the front desk was friendly. Thank you, Jennifer! We will be looking for another hotel near the Integris Medical Center when we return to Oklahoma City in two months. There are several name brand name hotels close to Crowne Plaza and I have read some of their great reviews today on Trip Advisor. Please read reviews before you book a hotel in Oklahoma City!

• Stayed April 2013
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
raesunny,

I am sorry that I did not get to meet you while you were here. I am also disappointed to hear of your experience with our evening restaurant service. Please know that we will address the timeliness of room service with our team as well as your other specific comments.

We still do have a Tuesday Night reception for all Priority Club members with complimentary food and beverage. Our 9th floor lounge has been closed and we have changed our offerings to PC members. Most of the feedback we get from PC members is that they like the new benefits. Of course, we realize that opinions differ and we are always reviewing our offerings to make sure that we are relevant to our guests. We will certainly take a look at this again as part of our continuing improvement process.

Thank you for your kind comments about Jennifer. She is a wonderful representative for us and I be sure to pass along your comments. I do hope you will reconsider and stay with us again when travelling to OKC. We do offer discounts for guests receiving treatment at Integris Hospital. As well, I will be more than happy to provide some special amenities for you and your husband if you will contact me prior to your visit.

Thank you again.

rguttenberger@cpokc.com
Del Rio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I made a special point to join the Priority Platinum club to get the club level which has amenities. In this case the amenities were ...club level which was same as all levels (was told "we haven't had a club level with anything special in a long time"!!). We asked about it and THEN were given cards for free breakfast and a drink or food item out of the refrigerator.
Rooms were same on all floors, nothing special. Otherwise experience was OK. . . . nice people enough - great bartender!
Rooms did not cool down to temperature setting.
You can also hear every conversation in the hallway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Sanjo R,

We appreciate you staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The hotel at one time did have a separate "club lounge" for Priority Club members, but this was discontinued a while ago due to demand from our most important guests. In addition to Priority Club points for each stay, we now offer Platinum Priority Club members the following: Complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby, a complimentary drink or snack from our grab-and-go in the lobby, AND complimentary full breakfast buffet for two in our restaurant each day. Our guests have told us that they prefer the full breakfast in the restaurant as opposed to a continental breakfast in a club lounge, so that is one of the primary reasons for the change made last year. I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We do try to connect with guests in a genuine and personal way, and we appreciate your comments.

Thank you again for your business. Please let me know if I can ever provide any special service to you while travelling to Oklahoma City.

rguttenberger@cpokc.com
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a really good experience at this hotel. The staff was always friendly and helpful, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed in a room with a king-sized bed, and they provided us with a rollaway bed and cradle for our two children. The beds were a bit firm for my taste but comfortable all the same, and the property was quiet and centrally located in the city.

The only negative input I have is regarding the hotel's restaurant. On our last night there, we were tired and decided to stay and have dinner at the hotel restaurant. We went down around 8:45 on Saturday night, and the restaurant was empty (including staff). A bartender in the bar, which is adjacent to the restaurant, eventually brought us menus and apologized because it wasn't his typical area. All this would have been fine except that the prices on the menu were outrageous. A hamburger was $13, and most of the meat entrees were well over $20. I'm not opposed to paying high prices for a nice meal; however, if I'm going to spend that much money on dinner, I'm going to drive down the street to one of the finer dining establishments where there will be a wait staff ready to meet my every need. This was a deserted restaurant, and the only person there to take care of me was the bartender, who was also taking care of all the patrons in the bar. If they want the restaurant to be a fine dining location, it needs to be operated like one. Otherwise, they need to bring down the prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rick G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
anm5932,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Of course we are thrilled that you had a great experience and especially appreciate your kind remarks about our staff. Your recognition of the cleanliness of the rooms is also much appreciated.

Our restaurant is serviced by the lounge staff in the evenings. I am sorry that your experience here did not meet your expectations. We regularly evaluate our operations and your feedback will be used as we strive to improve all areas of our hotel - including the pricing in our restaurant. We do thank you for staying with us and for writing this review.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to our great city! As you noted, our location is convenient and centrally located.

tulsa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently booked this property at a good price through a discount booking site. After reading the reviews, I was a little apprehensive.

As a friend and I were sharing the room, I contacted hotel management in advance to request a two-bed room on a high floor. Within a half hour, I received a delightful reply from the general manager, not only granting my request, but inquiring if there was anything else the hotel could do to make our visit more enjoyable.

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and checked in efficiently. To be honest, this is an older property and it shows a little age in the public spaces. However, our room appeared to have been updated recently and was extremely clean. Everything worked, the shower was hot and water pressure fine, the linens and bed were top quality.

Every encounter with staff was a good one; that is not always the case even in the 4* properties I typically visit. If one is considering 3* properties in central Oklahoma City, this one should be on the list.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
kmdunningaia,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience and really appreciate you pointing out the friendliness of our staff. We work very hard to genuinely connect with our guests each day. I will be sure to pass along your comments to all of our hard-working team members.

Your recognition of the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms is also appreciated. Our housekeeping cleanliness scores are over 90% and the Crown Plaza Sleep Advantage program is one of our brand hallmarks. We are glad to know that you noticed both of these efforts.

We hope to see you again in Oklahoma City - thank you again for taking time to write, too!