“Average...to Disappointing”

Wyndham Oklahoma City
Ranked #104 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I made a special point to join the Priority Platinum club to get the club level which has amenities. In this case the amenities were ...club level which was same as all levels (was told "we haven't had a club level with anything special in a long time"!!). We asked about it and THEN were given cards for free breakfast and a drink or food item out of the refrigerator.
Rooms were same on all floors, nothing special. Otherwise experience was OK. . . . nice people enough - great bartender!
Rooms did not cool down to temperature setting.
You can also hear every conversation in the hallway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rick G, General Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Sanjo R,

We appreciate you staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The hotel at one time did have a separate "club lounge" for Priority Club members, but this was discontinued a while ago due to demand from our most important guests. In addition to Priority Club points for each stay, we now offer Platinum Priority Club members the following: Complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby, a complimentary drink or snack from our grab-and-go in the lobby, AND complimentary full breakfast buffet for two in our restaurant each day. Our guests have told us that they prefer the full breakfast in the restaurant as opposed to a continental breakfast in a club lounge, so that is one of the primary reasons for the change made last year. I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We do try to connect with guests in a genuine and personal way, and we appreciate your comments.

Thank you again for your business. Please let me know if I can ever provide any special service to you while travelling to Oklahoma City.

rguttenberger@cpokc.com
405-602-6114

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a really good experience at this hotel. The staff was always friendly and helpful, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed in a room with a king-sized bed, and they provided us with a rollaway bed and cradle for our two children. The beds were a bit firm for my taste but comfortable all the same, and the property was quiet and centrally located in the city.

The only negative input I have is regarding the hotel's restaurant. On our last night there, we were tired and decided to stay and have dinner at the hotel restaurant. We went down around 8:45 on Saturday night, and the restaurant was empty (including staff). A bartender in the bar, which is adjacent to the restaurant, eventually brought us menus and apologized because it wasn't his typical area. All this would have been fine except that the prices on the menu were outrageous. A hamburger was $13, and most of the meat entrees were well over $20. I'm not opposed to paying high prices for a nice meal; however, if I'm going to spend that much money on dinner, I'm going to drive down the street to one of the finer dining establishments where there will be a wait staff ready to meet my every need. This was a deserted restaurant, and the only person there to take care of me was the bartender, who was also taking care of all the patrons in the bar. If they want the restaurant to be a fine dining location, it needs to be operated like one. Otherwise, they need to bring down the prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rick G, General Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

anm5932,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Of course we are thrilled that you had a great experience and especially appreciate your kind remarks about our staff. Your recognition of the cleanliness of the rooms is also much appreciated.

Our restaurant is serviced by the lounge staff in the evenings. I am sorry that your experience here did not meet your expectations. We regularly evaluate our operations and your feedback will be used as we strive to improve all areas of our hotel - including the pricing in our restaurant. We do thank you for staying with us and for writing this review.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to our great city! As you noted, our location is convenient and centrally located.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently booked this property at a good price through a discount booking site. After reading the reviews, I was a little apprehensive.

As a friend and I were sharing the room, I contacted hotel management in advance to request a two-bed room on a high floor. Within a half hour, I received a delightful reply from the general manager, not only granting my request, but inquiring if there was anything else the hotel could do to make our visit more enjoyable.

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and checked in efficiently. To be honest, this is an older property and it shows a little age in the public spaces. However, our room appeared to have been updated recently and was extremely clean. Everything worked, the shower was hot and water pressure fine, the linens and bed were top quality.

Every encounter with staff was a good one; that is not always the case even in the 4* properties I typically visit. If one is considering 3* properties in central Oklahoma City, this one should be on the list.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

kmdunningaia,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience and really appreciate you pointing out the friendliness of our staff. We work very hard to genuinely connect with our guests each day. I will be sure to pass along your comments to all of our hard-working team members.

Your recognition of the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms is also appreciated. Our housekeeping cleanliness scores are over 90% and the Crown Plaza Sleep Advantage program is one of our brand hallmarks. We are glad to know that you noticed both of these efforts.

We hope to see you again in Oklahoma City - thank you again for taking time to write, too!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the Crown Plaza Friday March 15, 2013.

My wife made the reserveration with a debit card as she was assured that upon check in I could give them my normal credit card. When I checked in the clerk did take my American Express card, but an hour later we found an pre authorization on the debit/bank card for the nights stay plus $35.00. I went downstairs to find out why this card was being used. The clerk looked up my account and said, "Whoever checked you in must not have swiped your Amex card" I reminded him that he was the person who checked me in and wanted to know what could be done to have this authorization removed. He called his Manager over and explained to her, "He has this card on file and now he wants to change it to another one". NOT A WORD ABOUT THE FACT HE DIDN"T CORRECTLY CHECK ME IN WITH THE AMEX. I stopped him and went through the whole story. His Manager looked at him and he said, "Yeah, I guess". Of course they couldn't fix the pre authorization and said it would fall off my account. In the meantime that was 140.00 of my bank account tied up. Not a big deal, but the whole reason I gave them another card upon check in was to avoid that. The biggest problem I had was with the person checking me in, at every step, trying to cover his own tail. It would have been a more favorable experience had he just said, "I screwed up and I'm sorry".

The rooms were ok. Nice bed, all other furniture in the room was old and worn. Bathrooms were smaller than my closet, towels were old and rough. Room was clean and the view was to die for. The view would have been better if not for the giant crack in the window and the fact that the windows were not clean.

The price was good and for the most part got what we paid for. Wouldn't pay more than 80.00 a night though. The check in experience was the real downer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick G, General Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

tony2979,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so sorry that we mishandled your check-in. Your detail will help us in our training. The young man who checked you in is a new employee and we will be certain to use your story to re-train this gentleman.

Thank you for the comment about the cleanliness of the rooms and the comfortable beds. I will check on the towel quality, too. Generally we get high comments on the quality of our linens.

Please let me know if I can ever be of service to you personally or if you have any additional specific feedback for me. We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to give us constructive feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed on ninth floor in a king non smoking room doe one night. Decent size rooms, clean. Staff was friendly. Bed was hard. No lounge on "club level". Nothing special. Higher floors will have less street noise.

Room Tip: Higher floors equal less street noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick G, General Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Pirateis48,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your on-line review. I appreciate your comment on the cleanliness of the property and the friendliness of the staff. I am sorry the bed was not to your liking. We will check your specific room and see if there is an issue with that particular bed - most of our guests love our beds and new bedding. As you also pointed out, are rooms are a nice size compared to most hotel rooms in the market.

Thank you for mentioning the great location. I hope you will return when our pool opens - we have a great outdoor pool area and it is a special feature during the late spring, summer, and early fall period. Please contact me personally if I can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

After reading some reviews we weren't sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very clean, well maintained with an attractive, though modest, reception area. Our king room was beautifully appointed, lights were on when we entered and it was very welcoming. The hotel was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and we had an exceptional stay. We did not eat at the hotel, but there are a number of restaurants within a short distance. Booked through a third party, the hotel was an absolute bargain, and the quality of the hotel made it feel like a steal! Would stay here again in a heartbeat, even at a higher rate.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick G, General Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Mick046,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City. We value all of our guests and are thrilled when we get comments such as yours. We are especially excited that you mentioned the cleanliness of the property and the comfortable beds. We have worked diligently to upgrade the bedding package and design of the room, and our team works hard to make this a clean and refreshing property every day.

Next time be sure to check out the restaurant as Chef Rudy gets very high marks on the quality of his food.! Thank you again for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. We look forward to you returning.

With Hospitality,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Check-in at the Crowne Plaza was speedy and the employees more than helpful! Stepping off the elevator, we found our room right near the elevators and vending and were concerned about possible noise. Our concerns were laid to rest, though. Our room was quiet, the beds were comfortable and we got a great night's sleep at the Crowne Plaza after a long day of holiday shopping and evening of seeing the Chesapeake Christmas lights as well as the Nichols Hills' neighborhoods' light displays. We found the location to be easily accessible from any direction. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Rick G, General Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Guest nunyakhOklahoma,

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and your visit to OKC. I agree, the lights at Chesapeake are beautiful to see during the holidays.

We hear often that guests get a great night sleep at the property and we are glad that you did, too. The rooms will all be getting new bedding amenities in January which will make the rooms even more enjoyable and comfortable. Please come back again - and thank you for taking the time to write a review.